REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #326
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,340 Times in 762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
Hillary is pro wall too!
Yeah, because saying: "Building physical barriers, if necessary, in some places"

is the same as:

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

Advertisement

A vehicle for all occasions
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #327

Thanked 2,340 Times in 762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
you just proved my point. she represents that exact same way of doing things. she is no different from those people. the label of 'democrat' or 'republican' don't mean shit when it comes to personal gain.
Yeah exactly what wars were started for personal gains by the democrats again?

A vehicle for all occasions
Old 08-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #328
I don't get it

Can anyone who actually thinks Hillary would be a better president than Trump provide some reasons?

And don't say how the president has no influence and it doesn't matter (although I agree) because it doesn't provide for any real discussion.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #329
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,230 Posts
I'm not very political, nor will I pretend to be, but here is my short story take on it without getting overly involved:

Hillary's last name is Clinton. Bill is highly regarded by the American public despite the controversy he went through. Many people, especially voting women in this case, could say behind every strong man is an even stronger woman.

Also, Trump is an idiot who doesn't deserve a lot of respect. He's absolutely burying himself lately as well.

I said back in December to family that they may as well forego the election and accept the fact that Hillary is the next POTUS based on experience and connections. Family I said it to disagreed for the most part but seems to me she's going to win.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:58 PM   #330
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,564 Times in 391 Posts
I think if Bill were running it would have been muuuuuch better for the democrats.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Old 08-06-2016, 12:16 AM   #331
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Hillary Clinton's lead over Donald Trump grows in new national polls - CNNPolitics.com

Hillary is now up by 15 points. The republican party is going to take a big hurting this election.

Now check out this Trump spokeswoman.

Trump spokeswoman: I was wrong about Khan's death - CNN Video
Post-convention bump. What the Labour Day polling shows will determine who will win.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:57 AM   #332

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyLang View Post
Post-convention bump. What the Labour Day polling shows will determine who will win.
It was a 9% lead after the convention now it is 15%. Trump also got a bump after the RNC convention.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 08-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #333
Performance Moderator

Thanked 2,643 Times in 756 Posts
I'm always happily surprised to see commentary online from pro-Trump individuals or anyone actually trying to argue that he's a good candidate... it really goes to show how accessible the world has become by computer and Internet in this day and age, even to the severely mentally disabled
Old 08-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #334
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 4,722 Times in 1,586 Posts
I read an interesting article the other day that laid out some pretty good reasons why even if trump is a worse person, he would be a better potus.

Hillary has been proven, what, 4 times in the last 6 months to effectively be above the law. She's made so many connections as a career politician and is undeniably corrupt. She holds way too much power to be a legitimate president because she can get away with anything. Hillary as president is the fundamental problem with politics.

Trump, may be an idiot, but no one in the government owes him favours. Congress, the Senate, and the entire system of checks and balances are in place to keep him from over stepping.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #335
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,045 Times in 3,231 Posts
according to msnbc trump kept asking some military consultants why nuclear weapons were off the table

but its msnbc, and as we know they're in the dnc's bag, but if true holy shite
Old 08-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post

Trump, may be an idiot, but no one in the government owes him favours. Congress, the Senate, and the entire system of checks and balances are in place to keep him from over stepping.
Trump has said he has paid off politicians. That's why Hillary went to his last wedding.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 08-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #337
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Yeah exactly what wars were started for personal gains by the democrats again?
obviously this is an editorial piece, but this gives a good idea of her way of thinking:

https://wikileaks.org/hillary-war/

Manic also highlighted 100% how she's old school -- she's in the pocket of lobbyists and big business/union.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
obviously this is an editorial piece, but this gives a good idea of her way of thinking:

https://wikileaks.org/hillary-war/

Manic also highlighted 100% how she's old school -- she's in the pocket of lobbyists and big business/union.
Trump was also for the war in Iraq. Also according to Bush you where either for America or against America. Remember all the names they called France?

Dusty Nuggets
Old 08-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #339

trumps economic adviser David Malpass was is on CNN

trump during the primary said in 8 years he would wipe the 19 trillion dollar deficit.
Malpass basically said that's not possible.

trump said he would would ad a 35% duty on anything wade in Mexico and China.
Malpass walked that back.

Poor Malpaas got hammered in that interview.

tumps economic team consists of 13 rich old white men.

Dusty Nuggets
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #340
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,439 Times in 726 Posts
Since I don't live in the US I don't really get to vote but between the two I want trump to win just for kicks and what he would do.

I mean with Hillary pretty we can all predict what she will do in the future.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #341
Performance Moderator

Thanked 2,643 Times in 756 Posts
^ That's not very responsible of you to be okay with trading the freedom of millions of people, possible world war and many other dangerous world-changing incidents that would take place for your own personal entertainment.

I do get what you're saying, but I'm afraid an awful lot of people in the USA are seriously thinking the same thing and they DO have a vote and that type of irresponsible thinking could end up being very, very dangerous.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2016, 11:47 PM   #342
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,676 Times in 3,593 Posts
There are a billion things wrong with Americas election system, but it's pretty easy to see when you have two hand picked rich idiots being sold to idiots on the idiotbox, democracy isn't really democracy anymore. This is the clearest election ever to anyone that being a voter really doesn't matter when corporate America and media controls who the candidates are.
Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 05:59 AM   #343
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Since I don't live in the US I don't really get to vote but between the two I want trump to win just for kicks and what he would do.

I mean with Hillary pretty we can all predict what she will do in the future.
Narrow thinking. Remember the US is number one superpower, one with the top professional army and an economy the rest of the world look up to. The President of the United States is vested with power to make decisions that can change the world forever (hello Truman). The White House is dampered somewhat by Congress but the POTUS still have a tons of weight in decision making (situation room decision for example)

So an aggressive change agent like Trump taking office could be catastrophic not only to the US but also everyone else. And guess who is north of the border.

A lot of thing is wrong with US election on paper, but it is worse everywhere else. Power and money have historically never been apart. This is human nature. Therefore, it's impossible to have a perfect system. Even Marx's ideology failed in application.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #344
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,045 Times in 3,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Narrow thinking.

A lot of thing is wrong with US election on paper, but it is worse everywhere else.
that's not true at all
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #345
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,033 Times in 5,123 Posts
It's not worse everywhere else, but it is in probably most places

the DNC had to game the fuck out of the system to get Hilary nominated. It was totally wrong, and corrupt. But they still had to do some shady shit to accomplish it. And even then, she still has to win the election.

In most other countries, they just say fuck you, I'm your leader now. Or more insultingly, here are the leaders you get to choose from, all picked by one party. Or even worse, stage a coup and take complete control of the country, making whatever laws you want including re-instituting the death penalty.

America's system is broken, but they aren't completely fucked. The people still have power. It's just a matter of if/when they do something with that power, or go watch TV and play mobile games instead.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #346
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,459 Times in 1,710 Posts
And I'm just sitting here waiting for Kanye 2020
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #347
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
Can anyone who actually thinks Hillary would be a better president than Trump provide some reasons?

And don't say how the president has no influence and it doesn't matter (although I agree) because it doesn't provide for any real discussion.
Because the president shouldn't be someone that's had a flame war with Rosie O'Donnell. Because the president shouldn't be someone that has ripped of thousands of people. Or maybe the president should just not be a mango-colored idiot.

You guys realize Trump is stupid, right? It's pretty easy...just vote for the smart people.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 10:15 AM   #348
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 7,318 Times in 2,941 Posts
Image of the commander in chief is, in effect, the image of the whole country on the world stage. A buffoon as head of state would just make a great country like the US of A the butt of all jokes. We, as Canadians, know that the US has its share of idiots and we understand the country's workings and whatnot (more than their own people, sometimes), but the rest of the world only has the president to go on.

The election news is front and centre, so I guess they sort of know what kind of a gong show it is..............

Anyway, the US deserves what they vote for. Plain and simple.

I'm running out of popcorn.

RS - helping FOB's blend in with Canadian society and culture since its inception. god bless
Old 08-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #349
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
On that note, I can't help but think how the RoW thinks of Canada now that our pretty boy PM has repeatedly made headline news -- but all in the wrong sections. Pretty Boy PM shows up in LGBTQ parade in pink shirt. Pretty Boy PM causes a storm with the ladies at a local impromptu visit. Pretty Boy PM surprises the world by going topless at local hiking trail.

Canada is soon gonna be recognized solely for our metrosexual PM that constantly shows up in the gossip page instead of in world news, but at least our southern neighbours are represented either by an orange haired baboon or a giggly mad old woman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Image of the commander in chief is, in effect, the image of the whole country on the world stage. A buffoon as head of state would just make a great country like the US of A the butt of all jokes. We, as Canadians, know that the US has its share of idiots and we understand the country's workings and whatnot (more than their own people, sometimes), but the rest of the world only has the president to go on.

The election news is front and centre, so I guess they sort of know what kind of a gong show it is..............

Anyway, the US deserves what they vote for. Plain and simple.

I'm running out of popcorn.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #350
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 7,318 Times in 2,941 Posts
Hmmmmmm.... I think our PM has made a pretty good impression. He's hip, man. Maybe we're too critical? Bill Clinton and his sax playing, LOL. Putin and his bad ass poses.......

Plus, I think the Americans are in love with our PM. At least the ones who know where the fuck Canada is on the map.

RS - helping FOB's blend in with Canadian society and culture since its inception. god bless
This post thanked by: