REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:50 PM   #351
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,449 Times in 1,708 Posts
And what would you rather see in the headlines?

- "Pretty boy Canadian PM caught stealing millions in offshore hidden bank account"
- "pretty boy Canadian PM votes to make abortion illegal and supports kicking out all immigrants"
- "pretty boy Canadian PM keeps fit, goes hiking and takes off shirt to keep cool"
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #352
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
LOL~ Of course being taken as a metrosexual entertainment icon is better than being taken as a mental + racist baboon, or as a dirty scheming hysterical woman. But you can't deny how a country leader being treated as a political lightweight is a good thing.

Obama did a shxtload of PR stuff as well, but when it came down to it, he got a shxtload of serious stuff done as well. That's what I'd call a capable president.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 01:33 PM   #353
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,284 Times in 859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
There are a billion things wrong with Americas election system, but it's pretty easy to see when you have two hand picked rich idiots being sold to idiots on the idiotbox, democracy isn't really democracy anymore. This is the clearest election ever to anyone that being a voter really doesn't matter when corporate America and media controls who the candidates are.
Let's not forget US Citizens who can no longer vote due to gerrymandering and extremely petty criminal convictions (3gm marijuana possession). So many ruined lives with how the rich have manipulated the system. Politicians have their pockets ready to be filled with dirty money.

It's no wonder so many red states stay as red states. The poor coloured people can't vote anymore due to the system. The system that enslaves them. This is about basic human rights that involves people born in a supposedly free country.

But on the flip side, someone like Hillary is just a sham of a person. There's nothing genuine that comes from her mouth. She's an American Christy Clark.

The theme of 'voting for the lesser of the two evils' shows just how far down the rabbit hole American society has fallen.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 09:37 PM   #354
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,043 Times in 3,229 Posts
Trudeau is just trying to fix the image of Canada that Harper ruined, it may seem like overkill to us, but these news stories are just small blips at best to the rest of the world. There's still a lot he has to do to get that proper Canadian image back, and I for one thank him for trying!
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

Obama did a shxtload of PR stuff as well, but when it came down to it, he got a shxtload of serious stuff done as well. That's what I'd call a capable president.
Very good point. But let's be honest, what serious stuff does Canada really have to discuss on the world scale. I don't mean to downplay our own awesomeness, but you welcomed the comparison to the United States. They are 10x the country and have their hands in way more cookie jars around the world than we do. Plus Obama had WAY more of a mess to clean up than Trudeau.

But yeah, it would be nice to have our PM treated with a bit more respect, but I suppose you get out what you put in.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #356
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,436 Times in 725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Trudeau is just trying to fix the image of Canada that Harper ruined, it may seem like overkill to us, but these news stories are just small blips at best to the rest of the world. There's still a lot he has to do to get that proper Canadian image back, and I for one thank him for trying!
Other countries will respect you once they know you have power/something they want. Look at China, a lot of countries hates them but out in public act as if China is their best friend. Why? Coz China have power, the money.

Instead of trying to fix the image of Canada, maybe our PM should put more effort into making Canada more of a power house.

Just look at the Olympic games for example
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Olymp...%2Cnull%2C0%5D

We are 25 as far as medal count. You have smaller countries with far less resources coming ahead of us. Every time Olympic is on is like only a race between USA and China to see which country is number 1. While we Canada is a 1st world country always end up doing poorly. You earn respect by being powerful and capable.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #357

.... So? I'd rather have s few less medals in some sport than have a fucked up world super power country.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #358
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Other countries will respect you once they know you have power/something they want. Look at China, a lot of countries hates them but out in public act as if China is their best friend. Why? Coz China have power, the money.

Instead of trying to fix the image of Canada, maybe our PM should put more effort into making Canada more of a power house.

Just look at the Olympic games for example
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Olymp...%2Cnull%2C0%5D

We are 25 as far as medal count. You have smaller countries with far less resources coming ahead of us. Every time Olympic is on is like only a race between USA and China to see which country is number 1. While we Canada is a 1st world country always end up doing poorly. You earn respect by being powerful and capable.

I don't think that's an entirely fair assessment of power. Canada does extremely well in the Winter Olympics, it's pretty clear we divert most of our amateur sports resources to the Winter games, rather than Summer. We simply are not a large enough country to excel in both games. As well, you need to keep in mind, a lot of the smaller countries that do well in the Summer Olympics divert much of their funds to do so, compare those country's standard of living to Canada and you would see a differential. I'd much rather have a good standard of living, and a positive government, but suck at the olympics. As opposed to living in China, let them have their gold medals, haha. What does it matter in the grand scheme of things anyways?
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2016, 10:42 AM   #359
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,900 Times in 1,230 Posts
lol @ Olympics being used to measure a country's power.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #360
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I don't think that's an entirely fair assessment of power. Canada does extremely well in the Winter Olympics, it's pretty clear we divert most of our amateur sports resources to the Winter games, rather than Summer. We simply are not a large enough country to excel in both games. As well, you need to keep in mind, a lot of the smaller countries that do well in the Summer Olympics divert much of their funds to do so, compare those country's standard of living to Canada and you would see a differential. I'd much rather have a good standard of living, and a positive government, but suck at the olympics. As opposed to living in China, let them have their gold medals, haha. What does it matter in the grand scheme of things anyways?
Olympics is a bad example but look at the world as a whole.

When the Chinese fisherman illegally fish at other countries' territory nothing happens to them? Why? Coz they know no matter what the other countries won't touch them coz China is way too power and have too much influence on economy and trades. Just until recently South Korea and philippines have taken stronger measure against this.

I think a while ago some international court rule out how the south sea laid out by China is not correct. China just said fuck it I don't care we stick with what I say. That's power.

Another example just look at how all the tourist business around Chinese tourist. Countries spent billions and billions trying to attract them. You can even see that in Vancouver. I am Chinese myself but I fell a lot of Chinese tourist are just straight out rude but what we can do? I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. We need their business to boost our economy. If we were in a stronger state we won't need to deal their BS.

Another hot topic is foreign investment. The gov refuse to do anything to restrict foreign investment because again we need the money.

I don't mean like power as in who have the most air craft carrier, jet fighters etc etc... but rather which nation is the most wealthy, lend money to other countries and invest in other countries. Just image if the stats or China or some other country control say 30 to 35% of food produce in Canada and instead of selling it local it it shipped out? That's what happening right now. Our energy companies, food produce etc etc is being over taken by foreign investors (not just hosing). It is a scary though.

Is not directed at China only. Other countries have been investing into Canada as well. Just a few days ago I read somewhere that Whistler is bought by another American company. Felt a bit inside of me died. Such a nice place yet now it is now own by Americans. If Canada doesn't make itself more powerful soon we will be selling much more. Who knows maybe in 20 years so so the whole Vancouver might be put out for sale......
Old 08-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #361
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,948 Times in 875 Posts
Quote:

When the Chinese fisherman illegally fish at other countries' territory nothing happens to them? Why? Coz they know no matter what the other countries won't touch them coz China is way too power and have too much influence on economy and trades. Just until recently South Korea and philippines have taken stronger measure against this.

I think a while ago some international court rule out how the south sea laid out by China is not correct. China just said fuck it I don't care we stick with what I say. That's power.
Not "nothing happens to them". Most countries have fired shots at them, and the fucker fishermen carry spears and other weapons most fishermen don't carry. They're uneducated fucks who don't give a shit, and a terrible government only expresses "remorse" when a navy officer of another nation is killed in the altercation.

Also, that isn't power, it's being an asshole.
Quote:
Another example just look at how all the tourist business around Chinese tourist. Countries spent billions and billions trying to attract them. You can even see that in Vancouver. I am Chinese myself but I fell a lot of Chinese tourist are just straight out rude but what we can do? I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. We need their business to boost our economy. If we were in a stronger state we won't need to deal their BS.

In Canada we have this because if someone were to speak their mind and say "we don't welcome Chinese" the SJWs would be up in arms and there would be huge chaos. Things are the way they are now not because we've accepted asshole Chinese tourists as a necessity, but because there's nothing we can do against hordes of uneducated rich people. Same conclusion, but different reasoning.
Quote:
Another hot topic is foreign investment. The gov refuse to do anything to restrict foreign investment because again we need the money.

I don't mean like power as in who have the most air craft carrier, jet fighters etc etc... but rather which nation is the most wealthy, lend money to other countries and invest in other countries. Just image if the stats or China or some other country control say 30 to 35% of food produce in Canada and instead of selling it local it it shipped out? That's what happening right now. Our energy companies, food produce etc etc is being over taken by foreign investors (not just hosing). It is a scary though.
this is so poorly written I'm not even going to. Other threads/posts have covered this already.

Quote:
Is not directed at China only. Other countries have been investing into Canada as well. Just a few days ago I read somewhere that Whistler is bought by another American company. Felt a bit inside of me died. Such a nice place yet now it is now own by Americans. If Canada doesn't make itself more powerful soon we will be selling much more. Who knows maybe in 20 years so so the whole Vancouver might be put out for sale......
Whistler Blackcomb was already owned by an American company. It's been bought by another American company. If something inside you died, it happened about 10 years too late.

Anyway, isn't thread about trump lol
Old 08-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #362
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:

And while we are at it I will leave you this quote:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Carl Johnson; 08-09-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #363
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,873 Times in 827 Posts
It's another week of Trump controversy. Doesn't this guy ever stop to think before he says something to the media?

Political observers are saying that his ambiguous comments can suggest people who have guns should kill Hillary so that she cannot abolish the Second Amendment. (The right to bear arms)

He's threatening violence against Hillary?

Trump: 'Second Amendment people' could deal with Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

Donald Trump set off a fierce new controversy Tuesday with remarks about the right to bear arms that were interpreted by many as a threat of violence against Hillary Clinton.

"Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said.

He added: "But I tell you what, that will be a horrible day, if Hillary gets to put her judges in, right now we're tied."

Trump's ambiguous comments alarmed some political observers as to whether he was threatening her life or calling for increased political activity.

Robby Mook, Clinton's campaign manager, issued a two-sentence statement in response to Trump.

"This is simple -- what Trump is saying is dangerous. A person seeking to the be president of the United States should not suggest violence in any way," he said.

US Secret Service communications director Cathy Milhoan told CNN the agency "is aware of Mr. Trump's comments."

Hayden added: "You're not just responsible for what you say. You are responsible for what people hear."

"That was more than a speed bump. That is actually a very arresting comment. It suggests either a very bad taste with reference to political assassination and an attempt at humor or an incredible insensitivity -- it maybe the latter -- an incredible insensitivity to the prevalence of political assassination inside of American history," he said. "That is a topic that we don't ever come close to, even when we think we are trying to be lighthearted."

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Connecticut, who supports increased gun control measures, tweeted: "Don't treat this as a political misstep. It's an assassination threat, seriously upping the possibility of a national tragedy & crisis."
Old 08-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #364
I am Hook'd on RS

Donald tump will implode before election.. people on the borderline will gravitate towards Hillary, however his core support will still vote for him (redneck/gun loving/ duck hunting// i lost my job (to automation, capitalism (but blame immigration for ur problems. etc etc) )

i doubt that even his daughters will vote for him.

Last edited by Rallydrv; 08-09-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #365
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
I hope she does abolish the Second Amendment. Not because I hate guns...I don't...but I'm goddamn tired of Murica talking about the Second Amendment like it's more important than people's lives.

Yo, all these kids were murdered...

BUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

I want to see all the rednecks cry. Because fuck 'em.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #366
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 6,242 Times in 1,076 Posts
Fundamentally the right to bear arms is based on the idea that the people should be well equipped to fend off a tyrannical leader.

...unfortunately most 'muricans who reference the 2nd amendment just really like guns, they aren't exactly bearing arms to fend off an oppressive and corrupt government.

It will be next to impossible for the Fed gov to push for increased gun control in gun friendly states, never mind the intense lobbying power of the firearm industry.

Don't assume those riding the line will defect to Hilary, if you know Americans as I know Americans.. you could still see it going either way.

...Regardless of Mr. Trumps "special" comments.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #367

I feel bad for the idiots who think Trump would actually threaten an assassination attempt like that on TV no less..
Old 08-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #368
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,043 Times in 3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
I feel bad for the idiots who think Trump would actually threaten an assassination attempt like that on TV no less..
The problem is you can interpret his comments in many ways, and it just takes one Psycho to interpret it the wrong way to cause a problem, look at terrorists...

Trump should know anything and everything he says is going to be used against him, so if he had any true desire to be the US President he would watch his words, everything should be scripted at this point for him, because his off the cuff speaking is just going to kill his chances
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Fundamentally the right to bear arms is based on the idea that the people should be well equipped to fend off a tyrannical leader.

...unfortunately most 'muricans who reference the 2nd amendment just really like guns, they aren't exactly bearing arms to fend off an oppressive and corrupt government.

It will be next to impossible for the Fed gov to push for increased gun control in gun friendly states, never mind the intense lobbying power of the firearm industry.

Don't assume those riding the line will defect to Hilary, if you know Americans as I know Americans.. you could still see it going either way.

I assume there are a lot of americans will vote for him coz they simply don't like Hilary.

Let's be honest here both Hilary and Trump are pretty bad leaders. One likes to lie and have too much power. The other is an dumbass who is self centered, a big mouth and will just piss off other world leaders but at least no one is the gov owes him much so his actions will be watch carefully.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #370
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
You mean like the former head of the CIA.

Ex-CIA director rips Trump's Second Amendment comment - CNN Video

Quote:
Former CIA director Gen. Michael Hayden says if anyone else had made a similar comment that Donald Trump did about the "Second Amendment people" stopping Hillary Clinton, they would be questioned by the Secret Service.
Edit: And now the Secret service involved and have talked to Trump and his campaign multiple times.

Dusty Nuggets

Last edited by Manic!; 08-10-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #371
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post

Well, Obama basically said fuck you, Republicans...we're having universal health care. I hope Hillary does the same with gun control. Fuck you...I'm the boss bitch up in this motherfucker...
Old 08-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #372
...in the world.

I don't know why everyone's up on Hilary for lying. If you don't think all politicians lie, then I've got bad news for you...

Republicans don't like Hillary because she's a woman, just like they don't like Obama because he's black. It's pretty simple if you take a step back and look at it.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #373

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Well, Obama basically said fuck you, Republicans...we're having universal health care. I hope Hillary does the same with gun control. Fuck you...I'm the boss bitch up in this motherfucker...
IMO, Obama was able to turn Obamacare into a done deal was because of public pressure. For a good long while, US medical costs have been running out of control. Especially with the announcement to implement Obamacare, the media started running investigative stories on how average Americans (and even those solidly in the middle class) were getting absolutely screwed by the US medical costs situation when a medical incident hits home, and how much big Pharma was profiting from the skyhigh fees as well.

With the public behind his back, Obama was able to ride the wave of public support and opinions to get the job done.

For Hillary (or any POTUS, for that matter), the key to reining in US gun control is to stir up public opinion so that no ordinary sane person is on the NRA's side. To me, the tipping point for this should have been here a lonnnng time ago, but somehow a certain portion of the 'Murica idiots are just loving their guns too much. If Hillary can stir up enough public opinon to be on her side, and is smart enough to capitalize on it, she can get the strict gun control thing done too.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #374
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,581 Times in 479 Posts
Didn't Obama have to make so many concessions in order to get Republicans to pass it, he essentially rebadged Romney's healthcare plan? Then Republicans criticised it once it passed when it was their own damn plan.

The issue with Hillary isn't the lies. It's the status quo of her, the mainstream Democrats and Republicans, serving wall street over the best interests of the people. Where the lies tie into it, is by helping to maintain the establishment. The people know the all lie.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #375
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
So some guy is suction cupping up Trump tower.

Live stream:

And If Hillary gets in shew will get to pick 2 or maybe even 3 people to the supreme court. That means there is nothing they can do to stop gun control.

Dusty Nuggets