REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:28 PM   #376
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
It shouldve been Sandy Hook. Or the Batman shooting. But no...because Americans are fucking stupid.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2016, 01:16 AM   #377
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Easier if they control the bullets. lol.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #378
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

"The Emperor has no balls"

Statues popped up in NYC, Seattle, Cleveland, SF and LA.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:19 AM   #379
SiRVs up, dude

I'm going to have some fun here since I just started reading this thread and have quite a few opinions on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^ That's not very responsible of you to be okay with trading the freedom of millions of people, possible world war and many other dangerous world-changing incidents that would take place for your own personal entertainment.
Agree with the responsibility part. Disagree that Trump is less war hungry than Hillary in this race. Hillary voted for the Iraq war on low levels of evidence. Low enough for the real 'smart' people (Obama & Bernie) voted against it. Hillary also was not in favour of Obama doing the 'talk' agreement with Iran prior to the nuclear deal that has paved a potential way for peace. When Obama announced this, Hillary had basically said, "NO, you cannot talk to Iran without pre-conditions... Obama is Naive into thinking that this is even a possibility" (Hillary has subsequently 'flopped' and stated that she was involved in the nuclear peace deal - a blatant lie). Hillary also voted for the patriot act, supported regime change and intervention in Libya, Syria etc. The list goes on, of all the atrocities against humanity she has committed.

Trump so far - has done nothing, and most likely will get military advisors to tell him everything. Military advisors who are likely no better than the ones Hillary would pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Because the president shouldn't be someone that's had a flame war with Rosie O'Donnell. Because the president shouldn't be someone that has ripped of thousands of people. Or maybe the president should just not be a mango-colored idiot.

You guys realize Trump is stupid, right? It's pretty easy...just vote for the smart people.
Chance's are Trump has some kind of undiagnosed mental illness. Is it okay for the president to play shot for shot with someone that clearly has his nuts and bolts not working?

Yes, Trump has ripped off hundreds/thousands of people. But so has Hillary. Hillary (despite what she says NOW). In addition to supporting the de-regulation of banks and supporting NAFTA, she also played a huge role in the development of TPP. All of which have taken many of American jobs OUT of their country into India, the Philippines, China etcetera, to increase corporate/CEO profits while actually destroying lives of the middle/working class citizens. Trump may have destroyed thousands of lives, but Hillary could have arguably destroyed millions.

With the last point - vote for the smart person. Yes. But not after the way she, the DNC and the mainstream media colluded against the best Candidate against Trump. They steam rolled him, and 'rigged' the election in Hillary's favour. So Fuck Hillary - I don't like people that don't play fair game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
IMO, Obama was able to turn Obamacare into a done deal was because of public pressure.
The dude that posted below you said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Didn't Obama have to make so many concessions in order to get Republicans to pass it, he essentially rebadged Romney's healthcare plan? Then Republicans criticised it once it passed when it was their own damn plan.
The Obamacare plan is a joke. It sounded good while he was running for president, but it's been watered down to the likes of a homeopathic remedy. It's so fimble that one insurance company wanting to back out now could tumble the entire system because Obama did NOT back a PUBLIC OPTION like he promised!!! For those that still like watching CNN:

Aetna to pull out of most Obamacare exchanges - Aug. 15, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
The issue with Hillary isn't the lies. It's the status quo of her, the mainstream Democrats and Republicans, serving wall street over the best interests of the people. Where the lies tie into it, is by helping to maintain the establishment. The people know the all lie.
BINGO -
This election cycle has been extremely eye opening into the huge amounts of corruption that exists within the political system. Bernie was the best option, now that he's out, its up to Jill Stein or Gary Johnson () to change things up a bit. And yes, even Trump might be able to change things up. It takes more than one person to destroy an entire country. Trump coming into office would result in lots of serious mistakes... enough to hopefully give him the boot out of office before his term is up to put someone into place that can actually relate to the regular Joe Blow American.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:38 AM   #380
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,240 Times in 1,269 Posts
Old 08-25-2016, 02:35 AM   #381
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 7,294 Times in 2,929 Posts

RS - helping FOB's blend in with Canadian society and culture since its inception. god bless
Old 08-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #382
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,140 Times in 1,967 Posts
Not an official ad for Johnson, but still pretty damn amusing.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:14 AM   #383
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Not an official ad for Johnson, but still pretty damn amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLAh3pui-CI

I joined. So someone in Florida is now going to vote for Gary instead of Trump.

Anyone else join?

Dusty Nuggets
Old 08-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #384

I see election poll results all the time..

How reliable is election poll? Do you know?
Old 08-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #385
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Nigel Farage is a dumb fucking cunt who is also ball-less. Called for change then when change is about to happen... flee like a little bitch that he is, leaving the stupid common folks to take out the garbage.

Election polls, you need to look at the number of polls. There are always slight discrepancies between them but together they give a good picture.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:28 AM   #386
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
Barring Hillary pulling some stupid, stupid shxt, the results of this US election has pretty much been set in stone -- Hillary is going to be the next POTUS.

Many swing states have been giving Hillary some very strong leads for at least 2 weeks now? Some are now giving Hillary the lead by a 10%+ margin. Hillary already has enough electoral votes to seal the deal.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #387
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

1. Trump gets elected

2. US falls apart > markets fall apart

3. Canada follows as usual.

4. I can finally afford a dam house in hongcouver.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 PM   #388
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
1. Trump gets elected

2. US falls apart > markets fall apart

3. Canada follows as usual.

4. I can finally afford a dam house in hongcouver.
You forgot all the Americans moving to Canada increasing prices.

Also if don gets elected the U.S. $ will go to shit. That means cheap cars from the U.S. for everyone.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 08-28-2016, 11:37 PM   #389

Donald Trump Interview
(August 25, 2016)

Old 08-28-2016, 11:43 PM   #390

Trump's immigration talk runs into reality at the Mexican border
Migration routes have moved east, toward new threats: desert, water, and human smugglers

By Alexander Panetta, The Canadian Press Posted: Aug 28, 2016 1:22 PM ET Last Updated: Aug 28, 2016 2:34 PM ET

Trump's immigration talk runs into reality at the Mexican border - World - CBC News

A family embraces at the U.S.-Mexico Border fence during an 'Opening the Door of Hope' event on April 30, 2016 in San Diego, California. Five families, with some members living in Mexico and others in the United States, were permitted to meet and embrace for three minutes each at a door in the fence. The event was planned by the immigrant advocacy group Border Angels. (John Moore/Getty Images)

An American border guard in Jacumba, California steps out of his vehicle onto a dusty desert road, seeking to chat with the strangers he sees milling about the mesquite bushes a few metres from Mexico.

His team catches a dozen migrants crossing here illegally each day, he says. A few dozen others slip through, he figures. Evidence lies in the sand, in the discarded bits of cloth desert-walkers placed under their shoes to hide their footprints.

The conversation turns to Donald Trump. He's asked whether Trump's proposed border wall would halt the flow of migrants crossing through California's Yuha Desert. He doubts it. There's already a wall across almost one-third of the border — people still get over.

"You'd need to get rid of all the ladders in Mexico," he says.

"If you build a bigger wall, they build bigger ladders... They've got fine engineers in Mexico, I have no doubt."

Daniel Armendarec speaks with his wife and children through the U.S.-Mexico border fence on April 30, 2016 in San Diego. (John Moore/Getty Images)

Trump is now wrestling with difficult realities for his immigration plan. Some are political. His new attempt to soften his message for a general-election audience risks fracturing his own base, which was largely built on his immigration stance.

Some involve practical questions: Does Trump plan to cut off U.S. access to the Rio Grande? A wall already covers part of the border; the rest is mostly river. Does he actually intend to deport 11 million people in the U.S. illegally? If so, what's the plan to prevent the collapse of industries that rely on migrant labour? And, if not, does that mean breaking his pledge against granting legal amnesty?

A sombre monument nearby belies the idea of simple solutions here.

A cemetery of unmarked graves is filled with people who perished crossing the border. Thousands have died — their numbers grew the last time politicians tried fixing the border, during the Clinton administration in the 1990s.

Enrique Morones, founder of the advocacy group Border Angels, prepares to place crosses on the graves of unidentified illegal immigrants who died crossing the U.S.-Mexico border at a cemetery near Holtville, California, on Aug. 21, 2014. (Mark Ralston/AFP/Getty Images)

A partial wall went up in the populated areas near San Diego and Tijuana by the ocean, built from old scraps of metal that belonged to the military. As steel sheets and poles rose in the west, migration routes moved east, toward new threats: the desert, the river, and the human smugglers.

Enrique Morones leads a group praying in the cemetery. They're volunteers with his organization Border Angels, which deposits jugs of water in the desert to keep people from dehydrating or roasting to death in the scorching desert sun.

Migrants generally cross when it's cooler, he says — especially at night. Yet accidents happen constantly. People get lost and disoriented. The water bottles run empty — sometimes vandals cut them.

"When we say, 'I'm dying of thirst,' it's just an expression. For them it's real," says Morones, who used to work in marketing for baseball's San Diego Padres before turning to full-time work as an activist and public speaker.

"Every summer there's more deaths because of that wall than in the entire history of the Berlin Wall."

Hugo Castro is among the volunteers dropping water. He usually works in the fields — numerous crops grow in the valley near the Holtville cemetery, including cantaloupe, lettuce, watermelon and cabbage.

Activist Enrique Morones delivers water to the homeless and the undocumented who live beside a wall in a canyon in San Diego, on April 4, 2013. Morones founded the group Border Angels in 1986. (Frederic J. Brown/AFP/Getty Images)

He said many workers go back to Mexico at night because they can't afford lodging in California. He said many make $40-$50 for a 10-hour day in the field, head south, wake up before 2 a.m., and return in the morning: "They cross daily."

He said many workers have legal papers to cross — himself included.

Many don't.

The effect of undocumented labour extends all the way to Canada's kitchen tables. Whether or not they're aware of it, Canadians have a distant personal connection to the migrants who've become a major U.S. election issue.

This photo taken in August 2014 shows the U.S.-Mexico border fence at Jacumba, California. (Mark Ralston/AFP/Getty Images)

In a literal sense, Canada eats the fruits of their labour. Dennis Nuxoll of the Western Growers farming association said of the 400,000 farm workers in California alone, the majority are believed to have falsified work documents.

They pick delicate crops that can't be harvested by machine — especially grapes, tomatoes, strawberries and lettuce.

"If these workers disappeared tomorrow, we could not harvest many of the crops that Canadians consume," Nuxoll said.

These workers are unnerved by the election.

The sound of a transistor radio crackles in the vineyards, in an elegant winery near Napa. The owner says staff have been listening to Spanish-language political radio lately, not music, while they work.

She admits she's unsure whether they all have legitimate documents. There's such a labour shortage in the area, she says, that she's grateful for the workers she has: "I don't know what we'd have to do if we had to hire."

Trump's immigration plan, meanwhile, is in flux. Where he once promised to deport all illegal migrants, he now says he would force them out — then allow an unspecified number back in, require them to pay back taxes and grant legal status.

A shift in tone won't mollify Morones.

"I don't want anything to do with him," he said of Trump. "He represents the worst of the American spirit, and in my eyes he's not welcome here."​
Old 09-04-2016, 12:15 AM   #391

Donald Trump is winning!!
Old 09-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #392

Donald Trump leaps ahead of Hillary Clinton in new poll
By Mary Kay Linge September 4, 2016 | 1:08am

Donald Trump leaps ahead of Hillary Clinton in new poll | New York Post

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Photo: Getty Images

Donald Trump has taken a one-point lead over Hillary Clinton in a Reuters-Ipsos poll.

It found Republican Trump winning the support of 40 percent of voters, with Democrat Clinton at 39 percent.

It’s an eight-point swing in Trump’s direction in the past week.

When the poll, with a margin of error of 3 percentage points, included third-party candidates, Libertarian Gary Johnson got 7 percent.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #393
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Would revealing her "cracked head" isn't working to well in the recent hack of her emails be "stupid"? lolz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Barring Hillary pulling some stupid, stupid shxt, the results of this US election has pretty much been set in stone -- Hillary is going to be the next POTUS.

Many swing states have been giving Hillary some very strong leads for at least 2 weeks now? Some are now giving Hillary the lead by a 10%+ margin. Hillary already has enough electoral votes to seal the deal.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #394
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,280 Times in 1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Trump's immigration talk runs into reality at the Mexican border
"Every summer there's more deaths because of that wall than in the entire history of the Berlin Wall."
LOL YEAH THATS CUZ THE BERLIN WALL WAS LINED WITH MINES AND SENTRY TOWERS, PATROLS AND TRIP WIRE MACHINE GUNS AND OTHER BOOBY TRAPS.
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Old 09-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #395

This post FAILED by:
Old 09-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #396
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 6,233 Times in 1,074 Posts
Hillary Clinton recovering after 'fainting' at 9/11 ceremony | World | News | Daily Express

So I hate to sound like CIC here, but I think this was all a ruse to get Hilary off the ballot, I guess we'll see if they replace her with Saunders or someone else...Possibly Mr. Kaine.

It's my opinion that the Dems are worried about their odds this coming election, they need to make some changes.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #397
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts

Slow motion:

She literally can't even move her feet. She may even be unconscious in this video

Well looks like Trump is your president. Holy fucking shit
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2016, 11:48 AM   #398
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,160 Times in 3,748 Posts
is it me or does something fall out of the right legs of her pants right before get drag her to the van?
Old 09-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #399
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,585 Posts
There's been quite a few videos popping up of her having like seizures, fainting, or coughing for 5 straight minutes giving a speech.

The woman is dying. And she's going to he'll when she does
Old 09-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #400
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,579 Times in 478 Posts
I seem to recall Hillary supporters attacking Bernie's age, citing health concerns. Raising those same questions now with Hillary, when there is ample reason to do so, is sexist.