REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #426
I help report spam so I got this! <--

You surprise? Every politician does this. Get behind their party and get in line, live to fight another day.

If he doesn't, his political career would be over.

Why do you think Sanders endorsed Clinton.
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2016, 01:57 PM   #427
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,818 Times in 1,178 Posts
nothing suprises me in politics.
but imo he might've gotten more respect and support in the next election if stood his ground...the in between republicans will be looking for someone to get behind if/when Trump shits the bed either in his presidency or if he loses to Hilary
By turning in his back bone, Cruz pretty much removes himself from that consideration.

now the GOP's literally a human centipede of crazed right wings sucking each other's asses with Trump at the front

Sanders endorsed Clinton cus he figured he's done and he'll probably be dead by the next election lol
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #428

The thing is he probably sees Trump having a real chance, which Trump now does. If Trump wins, he would want to be the Republican politician that got behind the sitting president when it mattered. He could have endorsed Trump on his own accord or Trump could have thrown him a bone/ threaten him for him to go the press and humiliate himself like that. All a chess game. Everything is with a price tag in politics.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:57 PM   #429
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

Celebrities telling you to vote. You can sense they are all anti-trump.

Video is pretty comical too.
Of course they are.
They live in their gated communities, far removed from realities the common man faces in his or her daily life..

All they can scream is "racist" and "evil, absolutely evil!" with no evidence to back that up, most of the young (20-30) year old college grads have been taught what to think and get triggered by stuff trump says today that has been said by Clinton 20 years prior.

"Wow I know Hillary is a criminal who deleted her emails, is responsible for deaths of 4 U.S. citizens in Benghazi and bought out by Maryl Lynch and Goldman Sachs and called black people super predators and supported '3 strikes' law her husband passed that is responsible for large amount of incarcerations of black men and the DNC cheated Bernie Sanders out of a nomination and is very sick and dying, but did you SEE that evil RACIST Trump say that Illegal aliens are actually ILLEGAL and.. *gasp* said the blacks have a terrible community!!! I mean I know it's true but if he's right, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN MY FEELINGS!!!?"

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #430
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,271 Posts
Ted Cruz says he will vote for Donald Trump
Former Republican hopeful says Democrat Hillary Clinton is 'wholly unacceptable'

The Associated Press Posted: Sep 23, 2016 3:55 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 23, 2016 10:59 PM ET

Ted Cruz says he will vote for Donald Trump - World - CBC News

U.S. Senator Ted Cruz says he'll vote for Republican candidate Donald Trump. (Chris Keane/Reuters )

Ted Cruz announced Friday he will vote for Donald Trump, a dramatic about-face for the Texas senator who previously called the New York businessman a "pathological liar" and "utterly amoral."

Cruz was facing intensifying political pressure to back his party's presidential nominee after refusing to do so at the Republican National Convention this summer.

Cruz said he will vote for Trump in November, but he stopped short of an official endorsement in a statement posted Friday on Facebook. The distinction may matter little to voters, but helps Cruz save face among his loyal supporters still unwilling to forgive Trump's attacks on the Texas senator's wife and father during their ugly, and often intensely personal primary campaign.

Cruz noted that he was booed by Trump supporters at the convention for encouraging Republicans to "vote your conscience."

"After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump," Cruz wrote.

Trump accepted Cruz's support, describing it as an "endorsement" in a statement. That's even after Trump claimed he didn't want Cruz's endorsement immediately after the convention chaos.

"I am greatly honoured by the endorsement of Senator Cruz," Trump said Friday. "We have fought the battle and he was a tough and brilliant opponent. I look forward to working with him for many years to come in order to make America great again."

Cruz finished second to Trump in a bitter primary battle and balked at previous promises to endorse the eventual Republican presidential nominee. He said Trump made things too personal when he called him "Lyin' Ted," insulted Cruz's wife Heidi and repeated discredited accusations linking Cruz's Cuba-born father to the John F. Kennedy assassination.

"This man is a pathological liar. He doesn't know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth," Cruz said of Trump in May, hours before ending his presidential campaign.

"Donald will betray his supporters on every issue," the Texas senator added, while calling Trump "utterly amoral," "a narcissist," "a bully," and "a serial philanderer," among other things.

Cruz says Clinton is 'wholly unacceptable'

Cruz cited two reasons for his shift.

"First, last year, I promised to support the Republican nominee. And I intend to keep my word," he wrote. "Second, even though I have had areas of significant disagreement with our nominee, by any measure Hillary Clinton is wholly unacceptable — that's why I have always been #NeverHillary."

Republican candidate Donald Trump will debate Hillary Clinton next Monday. (Evan Vucci/Associated Press)

Since the convention speech, polls have suggested that Cruz's popularity was slipping nationally and in Texas — where he could face a primary challenger for re-election in 2018.

Trump himself even praised the idea of former Texas Gov. Rick Perry running against Cruz in 2018. Trump said Perry would do well, though Trump said he didn't know whether Perry would run.

Cruz also faced intensifying political pressure from other quarters.

His base was overwhelmingly supportive initially, but the mood shifted recently. The vast majority of calls coming into Cruz's office had turned increasingly negative in recent weeks with many voters urging him to support Trump to prevent a Clinton victory, according to Republicans familiar with the situation. The Republicans spoke on the condition of anonymity because these were internal discussions.

At the same time, the large staff that worked on Cruz's presidential bid pushed him not to endorse. Most refused to accept jobs with the Trump campaign when offered following Cruz's departure from the primary campaign this spring. And as recently as this week, some warned they would not work for Cruz again if he officially endorsed Trump.

Trump's naming of Cruz ally, Utah Senator Mike Lee, in his updated list of potential Supreme Court picks announced Friday helped ease tensions between the two camps. Trump also backed Cruz's position in a congressional squabble over internet regulation.

Yet bad blood remains.

The decision to announce his intention to vote for Trump, rather than endorse him outright, was seen as a compromise — even if voters see little distinction between the two. Other Republican leaders in difficult political situations, notably New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte, have taken similar positions.

"Hillary Clinton is manifestly unfit to be president, and her policies would harm millions of Americans," Cruz wrote Friday. "And Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way."

The development comes as a critical time in the 2016 presidential contest

The first debate is on Monday and Election Day is less than seven weeks away. Early voting has already begun in some states. Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton remain locked in a tight race as both struggle to unite their parties behind them. Trump, in particular, has been branded as a phony by hard-line conservatives, Cruz among them, who see him more as a political opportunist than a true Republican.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #431
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
That phrase describes almost every republican candidate lol
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2016, 12:00 PM   #432
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Of course they are.
They live in their gated communities, far removed from realities the common man faces in his or her daily life..

All they can scream is "racist" and "evil, absolutely evil!" with no evidence to back that up, most of the young (20-30) year old college grads have been taught what to think and get triggered by stuff trump says today that has been said by Clinton 20 years prior.

"Wow I know Hillary is a criminal who deleted her emails, is responsible for deaths of 4 U.S. citizens in Benghazi and bought out by Maryl Lynch and Goldman Sachs and called black people super predators and supported '3 strikes' law her husband passed that is responsible for large amount of incarcerations of black men and the DNC cheated Bernie Sanders out of a nomination and is very sick and dying, but did you SEE that evil RACIST Trump say that Illegal aliens are actually ILLEGAL and.. *gasp* said the blacks have a terrible community!!! I mean I know it's true but if he's right, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN MY FEELINGS!!!?"
Trump has celebrity supporters too.

This guy is a winner.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 09-24-2016, 07:55 PM   #433
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Trump has celebrity supporters too.

This guy is a winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMlRaNRof3o
I'm sure he does. Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood, James Woods and some others I haven't thought of.

This isn't about who supports Hillary, I couldn't care less. It's about those guys participating in an edgy video, where celebrities finish each other's sentences and tell you who to vote for because "raysis".

As for the guy you linked, he couldn't be more wrong. I'm Muslim and I know Obama isn't. But I'm not entirely sure why you linked him.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
Old 09-24-2016, 08:31 PM   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
I'm sure he does. Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood, James Woods and some others I haven't thought of.

This isn't about who supports Hillary, I couldn't care less. It's about those guys participating in an edgy video, where celebrities finish each other's sentences and tell you who to vote for because "raysis".

As for the guy you linked, he couldn't be more wrong. I'm Muslim and I know Obama isn't. But I'm not entirely sure why you linked him.
Because he spoke at the convention. Both sides have celebrity supporters but one sides celebrity supporters are a little less famous and a bit crazy.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 09-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #435
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 6,253 Times in 1,078 Posts
Debate is tonight, IMO the election is won or lost today.

If Trump plays his cards right he can't really lose IMO. Curious to see his angle/narrative, I suspect it will be based around his genuine desire to "make america great again" while simultaneously raising doubt regarding the intentions of Hilary Clinton given her track record of well.. being Hilary.

All the human orangesicle needs to do is tone down the rhetoric... Let's find out how well he listens to his advisers.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #436
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,469 Times in 577 Posts
i pretty much stopped caring about this stuff but i think trump has to be well behaved today.
if he shows some maturity then he will gain a lot of the undecided voters' respect and people will think he's leaning slightly more moderate than they expected.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #437
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,304 Times in 864 Posts
Yup, he just has to talk about what his policies are without getting emotional and he should be fine. Biggest challenge for both candidates will be their ability (or lack thereof) to state actual facts.

I don't really give a shit about any of this, it's just that I keep hearing about it, including from our own Canadian media. Last I saw, we are not the USA?

Side note: I find it funny how Trump has been compared to a type of monkey. You know if he wasn't white, that comparison would have never been thrown around.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #438
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,680 Times in 3,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Debate is tonight, IMO the election is won or lost today.

If Trump plays his cards right he can't really lose IMO. Curious to see his angle/narrative, I suspect it will be based around his genuine desire to "make america great again" while simultaneously raising doubt regarding the intentions of Hilary Clinton given her track record of well.. being Hilary.

All the human orangesicle needs to do is tone down the rhetoric... Let's find out how well he listens to his advisers.
Pond scum vs. poisonous algae bloom. Both are fucking horrible, but one is much more dangerous.
Which one is I can't even figure out yet.
Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Pond scum vs. poisonous algae bloom. Both are fucking horrible, but one is much more dangerous.
Which one is I can't even figure out yet.

I thought it was turd sandwich vs giant douche?

The polls are important but whats more important is the electoral map. you can see that here: 2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

Dusty Nuggets
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #440
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,167 Times in 1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I don't really give a shit about any of this, it's just that I keep hearing about it, including from our own Canadian media. Last I saw, we are not the USA?
About that... what happens in the USA has a major impact on the world. And since we're America's #1 trade partner, it has a yuuuge impact on us. Just a tremendous impact.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2016, 06:40 PM   #441

Watching the debate. Nice dish on Trump's tax return.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #442
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,045 Times in 3,231 Posts
Hate to say it but Trump did very well tonight eek
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-26-2016, 07:43 PM   #443
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Lol wut, were you watching a rerun of The Apprentice?
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 09-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #444
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,230 Posts
From what I've heard Hillary took it hands down. Didn't watch it.. decided to go to Trader Joe's. 0 minute border lineup both ways FTMFW
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #445
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 7,323 Times in 2,944 Posts
One of three debates, so when should I head down to TJ's next?

RS - helping FOB's blend in with Canadian society and culture since its inception. god bless
Old 09-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #446

Clinton clearly won the debate, pretty lopsided. She now probably has momentum with undecideds. Trump probably held on to his voters but surely didnt win any more.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #447
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I really think you have mental issues sometimes. I am really trying to not be rude LOL.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #448
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,230 Posts
^pretty sure you just failed at not trying to be rude
Old 09-26-2016, 08:41 PM   #449
My homepage has been set to RS

Just look at the damage 8 years has done on Obama (aging wise). Imagine that on them two?

Trump probably going to die in office at his age.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2016, 08:44 PM   #450
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,045 Times in 3,231 Posts
Rofl well admittedly I just watched the first 20mins but I expected him to be a total clusterfuck, and he wasn't one, ya might have to watch it unbiasedly tho ^^
This post FAILED by: