REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #451
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,906 Times in 1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
One of three debates, so when should I head down to TJ's next?
Next Tuesday October 4th. Crossed 5PM, home just after 7PM as we ate at Paso del Norte. Fantastic Mexican food right across the border. Literally went straight to the booth with no cars ahead each way
Advertisement

Last edited by punkwax; 09-26-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #452
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,684 Times in 3,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Hate to say it but Trump did very well tonight eek
Thats like watching a plane crash into the side of a mountain leaving no survivors and saying "that actually went pretty well."
Like, yes, it didn't crash into a school killing hundreds more children, but that doesn't mean it went "very well."
Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #453
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Clinton was in full control and appear presidential, experienced and composed. Her time as Secretary of State clearly gives her an advantage when talking about foreign policies. The punch she threw about tax return really messed Trump up, he never got comfortable and was always on the defensive side. His only successful jab was to turn Clinton's Obama sympathy back at her.

It's a good start in the series of debate for Clinton but not much more than that.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #454
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,049 Times in 3,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Thats like watching a plane crash into the side of a mountain leaving no survivors and saying "that actually went pretty well."
Like, yes, it didn't crash into a school killing hundreds more children, but that doesn't mean it went "very well."
rofl sure, but ya see my point eh lmao
Old 09-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #455
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,684 Times in 3,593 Posts
I see the point in the fact I also was definitely expecting worse.
Westopher is correct.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:56 PM   #456
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,991 Times in 1,989 Posts
what's roughly the % of voters undecided at this stage?
wouldn't most of them just not vote?
Old 09-27-2016, 02:34 AM   #457
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Watching the debate. Nice dish on Trump's tax return.
Ugh, jeesh..

Deleting emails, responsible for benghazi deaths, constantly lying to the people and the FBI, calling everything racist, supporting BLM.. but yeah, nice dish on Trumps tax return.

He was emotional and sometimes rambling on, and despite all that, nothings changed really. She did keep her composure but why shouldn't she? She put him on the defensive with "lol so racist" while indeed shitting on the black community after they get the vote.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-27-2016, 06:54 AM   #458
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 6,253 Times in 1,078 Posts
Not sure who won that debate, but I know who lost - the American people lol

Annnnnd this is why I don't vote, I would rather abstain than vote for any of the donkeys on the ballot card.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-27-2016, 08:09 AM   #459
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 7,340 Times in 2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Not sure who won that debate, but I know who lost - the American people lol

Annnnnd this is why I don't vote, I would rather abstain than vote for any of the donkeys or elephants on the ballot card.
fixt..........

RS - helping FOB's blend in with Canadian society and culture since its inception. god bless
Old 09-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #460
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,592 Times in 483 Posts
If you think either candidate won this debate by a wide margin, you're kidding yourself. They both sucked for different reasons.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #461
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,782 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
If you think either candidate won this debate by a wide margin, you're kidding yourself. They both sucked for different reasons.
Yep.

The funny thing is, Hillary has to do a lot more work to keep her supporters happy. People expect much more from Hillary than Trump, this means she needs to clearly win these things

Meanwhile Trump can just limp his campaign along with minimal effort, since his supporters are largely bigoted retards who will vote for him anyway. Trump just continues the rant that "He is not a Politician, and that he will do things differently", and that's actually an effective one. It's the first thing that made me interested in his campaign. I think we're all (US & Canada) immensely sick of politicians and the seemingly constant stream corrupt and criminal news stories that come out of their work. So this idea of a man who is most definitely not a smooth talking politician is inspiring and interesting to many people. In my eyes its just a shame he's a bumbling idiot.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2016, 09:38 AM   #462

Thanked 6,253 Times in 1,078 Posts
As someone who is fairly objective, (despite what some of you might think), I think Trump displayed a general lack of intelligence which will cost him dearly. Never did he once dive into any complex economic or political issues, it was always skin deep, and he appeared aloof and confused at times... as if he was scared of the questions he did not understand.

Despite the fact that Hilary is full of shit, she is certainly "smarter" than Donald Trump, there is no doubt about that. I was reminded last night of how the DNC butt fucked Bernie... what a bunch of corrupt scumbags.

I support Trump on the re-negotiation of trade deals and tax cuts, this is the only way to remain competitive in a global marketplace when other countries have much cheaper labor, much less regulation, and lower taxes. Hilary believes in increasing taxes, I believe is a long term losing strategy, it will continue to erode the incentives of doing business in the USA.

The real victory here is the Libertarian party making progress with voters, it's a shame they aren't invited to the debate... yet.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:22 AM   #463
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
John Oliver has a great vid out this week for all you people that think Hillary is "worse" than Trump.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #464
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Ugh, jeesh..

Deleting emails, responsible for benghazi deaths, constantly lying to the people and the FBI, calling everything racist, supporting BLM.. but yeah, nice dish on Trumps tax return.

He was emotional and sometimes rambling on, and despite all that, nothings changed really. She did keep her composure but why shouldn't she? She put him on the defensive with "lol so racist" while indeed shitting on the black community after they get the vote.
Your response has nothing to do with the debate. We know about both scandals before the debate. I would invite you to watch it. This is a nationally televised events and it was clear to anyone (unless you are a Trump supporter) that Clinton mopped the floor with Trump. She fended off his attacks publicly and during the 90 minutes never did once resorted to name calling. This is called being presidential.

Again we are talking about 90 minutes debate and discuss its affect on the swing voters. We all know Trump supporters arent gonna change side and I doubt Any Clinton's would. So have an intelligent discussion and stop blah blah blah Bernie this Bernie that. Again we all k ow about the scandals, we saw it in the paper.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #465

Thanked 1,801 Times in 572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
John Oliver has a great vid out this week for all you people that think Hillary is "worse" than Trump.
they both suck balls
10 Dark Secrets Of Hillary Clinton - Listverse

it's hard to pick who's shittier though, they are both terrible ass candidates
Old 09-27-2016, 02:19 PM   #466
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Anyone who thinks Trump didn't lose that debate is delusional and needs to get their head checked.

Fact Check And Analysis Of The First Presidential Debate With Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton : NPR

Feel free to read the transcript with fact checks.

Trump denies global warming, just that fact ALONE is enough for him to be the shittier candidate.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #467
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,566 Times in 393 Posts
Trump sucks, but I do agree with the Conservatives that all the hard questions went towards Trump. Hillary only got weak questions.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Old 09-27-2016, 02:35 PM   #468
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,765 Times in 777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Trump sucks, but I do agree with the Conservatives that all the hard questions went towards Trump. Hillary only got weak questions.
Admittedly I have only watched parts and bits and pieces of the debate (for now), but from what I have watched (about ~40 - 50 min's worth?), I don't necessarily agree that Killary only received weak / easy questions. Rather, I think it has far more to do with how much prep and how well prepped she is going into the debate. Add that to her previous Senate and Secretary of State experience, and she was really making the vast majority of her replies look easy.

Trump, on the other hand, you know he was just winging it most of the time...
Old 09-27-2016, 02:40 PM   #469
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,566 Times in 393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Admittedly I have only watched parts and bits and pieces of the debate (for now), but from what I have watched (about ~40 - 50 min's worth?), I don't necessarily agree that Killary only received weak / easy questions. Rather, I think it has far more to do with how much prep and how well prepped she is going into the debate. Add that to her previous Senate and Secretary of State experience, and she was really making the vast majority of her replies look easy.

Trump, on the other hand, you know he was just winging it most of the time...
Well, I mean, event the WaPo pointed it out:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-clinton-did/

http://www.e38registry.org/
Old 09-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #470

Thanked 3,980 Times in 878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Well, I mean, event the WaPo pointed it out:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-clinton-did/
Two things.

1. He never answered any question clearly nor concisely, hence why he was asked more questions

2. He could have used the extra questions to his advantage.

If you have your shit together, having more on-screen time convincing voters that you're the one they should pick would have been a plus for Trump.

It's only unfair for Trump because every question he was asked, he'd just come out looking more and more like a blithering moron. Did you see how he responded to the Obama birth certificate question??

Quote:
LESTER HOLT
Mr. Trump for five years you perpetuated a false claim of the nation's first black president was not a natural-born citizen. You questioned his legitimacy. In last couple weeks you acknowledge what most Americans have accepted for years, the president was born in the United States. Can you tell us what took you so long?

DONALD TRUMP
I’ll tell you- it’s very simple to say. Sidney Blumenthal works for the campaign and a very close friend of Secretary Clinton. And her campaign manager Patti Doyle went to, during her campaign against President Obama, fought very hard, and you can go look it up, and you can check it out, and if you look at CNN this past week Patti Solis Doyle was on Wolf Blitzer saying that this happened. Blumenthal sent McClatchy, a highly-respected reporter at McClatchy to Kenya to find out about it.

They were pressing it very hard, she failed to get the birth certificate. When I got involved, I didn't fail. I got him to give the birth certificate. So I'm satisfied with it, and I’ll tell you why I’m satisfied with it.

LESTER HOLT
That was in 2011.

DONALD TRUMP
Because I want to get on to defeating ISIS. Because I want to get on to creating jobs. Because I want to get on to having a strong border. Because I want to get on the things that are very important to me and that are very important to the country.

LESTER HOLT
I will let you respond, that’s important. But I just want to get the answer here. The birth certificate was produced in 2011, you continued to tell the story and question the president's legitimacy in 2012, 13, 14, 15, as recently as January. So the question is, what changed your mind?

DONALD TRUMP
Well, nobody was pressing it. Nobody was caring much about it. I figured you’d ask the question tonight, of course. But nobody was caring much about it. But I was the one that got him to produce the birth certificate. And I think I did a good job. Secretary Clinton also fought it. I mean, you know, now everybody in the mainstream’s gonna say, that’s not true. Look, it’s true.

Sidney Blumenthal sent a reporter. You just have to take a look at CNN last week, the interview with your former campaign manager. And she was involved. But just like she can't bring back jobs, she can't produce.

LESTER HOLT
I'm sorry. I’m just going to follow up. I will let you respond because there is a lot there. We're talking about racial healing in the segment. What do you say to Americans --

DONALD TRUMP
I say nothing because I was able to get him to produce it. He should have produced a long time before. I say nothing, but let me just tell you. When you talk about healing, I think that I developed very, very good relationships over the last little while with the African-American community. I think you can see that. And I feel that they really wanted me to come to that conclusion. And I think I did a great job and a great service, not only for the country but even for the president in getting him to produce his birth certificate.

LESTER HOLT
Secretary Clinton.

HILLARY CLINTON
Well, just listen to what you heard.

He spent most his time denying he said things, when he actually did say them, shouting wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong while Hillary was speaking, and then just lying and making up numbers.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2016, 05:32 PM   #471
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
wow, such insight.

that's like me saying "Anne Coulter has a great vid out this week for all you people that think Trump is "worse" than Hillary. Your source is a hipster liberal who thinks Europe needs immigrants (Jesus fucking Christ). Of course hes going to give you the typical liberal rundown of why Hillary is better.

Quote:
Your response has nothing to do with the debate. We know about both scandals before the debate. I would invite you to watch it. This is a nationally televised events and it was clear to anyone (unless you are a Trump supporter) that Clinton mopped the floor with Trump. She fended off his attacks publicly and during the 90 minutes never did once resorted to name calling. This is called being presidential.

Again we are talking about 90 minutes debate and discuss its affect on the swing voters. We all know Trump supporters arent gonna change side and I doubt Any Clinton's would. So have an intelligent discussion and stop blah blah blah Bernie this Bernie that. Again we all k ow about the scandals, we saw it in the paper.
Of course I watched it. She didn't resort to name calling, correct, she's above that, she resorted to lies (search and frisk DID bring down violent crime, he didn't support the Iraq war, he prioritized the economy before engaging in Iraq with the help of UN and later said he's against it after we did go in). Your idea of being "presidential" is wrong too. A presidential person does NOT lie to the FBI, does NOT erase evidence, does NOT constantly lie about sniper fire, Benghazi, etc, that's ground for impeachment. But I guess you heard on CNN or whatever other liberal outlet that she was "presidential" so you parrot it like the parrot you are.

I'm not going to say he did great, but the last debate will have no influence over the undecided.

Quote:
Trump denies global warming, just that fact ALONE is enough for him to be the shittier candidate.
Yesterday 05:29 PM
I don't agree with plenty of things with DJT (Snowden, Global Warming, Assange) but that's a terrible statement to make, not to mention wrong.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-27-2016, 05:39 PM   #472

Thanked 3,980 Times in 878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
wow, such insight.

that's like me saying "Anne Coulter has a great vid out this week for all you people that think Trump is "worse" than Hillary. Your source is a hipster liberal who thinks Europe needs immigrants (Jesus fucking Christ). Of course hes going to give you the typical liberal rundown of why Hillary is better.

Of course I watched it. She didn't resort to name calling, correct, she's above that, she resorted to lies (search and frisk DID bring down violent crime, he didn't support the Iraq war, he prioritized the economy before engaging in Iraq with the help of UN and later said he's against it after we did go in). Your idea of being "presidential" is wrong too. A presidential person does NOT lie to the FBI, does NOT erase evidence, does NOT constantly lie about sniper fire, Benghazi, etc, that's ground for impeachment. But I guess you heard on CNN or whatever other liberal outlet that she was "presidential" so you parrot it like the parrot you are.

I'm not going to say he did great, but the last debate will have no influence over the undecided.

I don't agree with plenty of things with DJT (Snowden, Global Warming, Assange) but that's a terrible statement to make, not to mention wrong.
Oh God, they've infiltrated RS now.

I'm just gonna leave this here for you.
Fact-checking U.S. politics | PolitiFact
Unless you think that politifact too is some sort of hipster liberal website.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #473
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,253 Times in 1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Yep.

The funny thing is, Hillary has to do a lot more work to keep her supporters happy. People expect much more from Hillary than Trump, this means she needs to clearly win these things

Meanwhile Trump can just limp his campaign along with minimal effort, since his supporters are largely bigoted retards who will vote for him anyway. Trump just continues the rant that "He is not a Politician, and that he will do things differently", and that's actually an effective one. It's the first thing that made me interested in his campaign. I think we're all (US & Canada) immensely sick of politicians and the seemingly constant stream corrupt and criminal news stories that come out of their work. So this idea of a man who is most definitely not a smooth talking politician is inspiring and interesting to many people. In my eyes its just a shame he's a bumbling idiot.
Yeah Donald Trump's strength is the fact that he's not a politician. Kevin O'Leary agrees too.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:18 PM   #474
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Hillary just had to say one line, then sit back, hand trump his shovel, and watch him dig his hole of lies
08 Mazdaspeed 3 (sold)
'04 RSX (sold)
'92 300ZX (sold)
'94 Probe GT (sold)
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #475
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,253 Times in 1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcuzracecarz View Post
Hillary just had to say one line, then sit back, hand trump his shovel, and watch him dig his hole of lies
This isn't the first time he changed his opinion though.