REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #526
linguistic ninja

The7even, my old nemesis, aren't you Muslim?

What are your thoughts on Trump's position on Muslims in America? (i.e that there be no more admitted, and that those already in country be tracked?)
Advertisement

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #527
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Yeah and your glock is going to keep you super safe.
It kept the Asian lady safe you saw on the news when 3 armed thugs broke into her home. Or was she firing "this is a gun free zone guys" stickers at them?

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
Old 09-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #528
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,680 Times in 3,593 Posts
Lol. How many people shooting their own face off by accident stories did you have to skip through to get to that one?

Serious question. How many legally acquired guns have been used in
A) successful self defence incidents compared to
B) murders, injuries, and suicides?

I patiently await the numbers.
Westopher is correct.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
The7even, my old nemesis, aren't you Muslim?

What are your thoughts on Trump's position on Muslims in America? (i.e that there be no more admitted, and that those already in country be tracked?)
How are you brother?
It's been a long time.

Yes I am. And I support his position, at least on not admitting anymore of them.

I don't support everything he said he'd do, those afraid of the "tracking" are over reacting. He's not the smartest man, but Hilary is a cancer that will do more harm than any presidency at the moment, including trump.

If I could I'd vote Ron Paul but gotta do with what you got.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
Old 09-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #530
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
If You Vote For Trump, Then Screw You | GQ

Here's a fun, even-tempered piece on Donald

Spoiler!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #531
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,585 Times in 481 Posts
After the hatchet job the DNC and media did on Bernie, America really deserves Trump. More likely they get Hillary and remain on a steady course with establishment politics and continue circling the turd bowl.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 09-28-2016 at 12:31 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-28-2016, 12:26 PM   #532
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,110 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Yeah, screw having amendments and shit, feelings are more important, the government will keep me safe. Lol
Yeah let's blindly follow something over 200 years old without a revision because today's living is anything like the 1700s.

And if shit really goes down I'm looking at the government for help, not Billy Bob down the street.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Yeah let's blindly follow something over 200 years old without a revision because today's living is anything like the 1700s.

And if shit really goes down I'm looking at the government for help, not Billy Bob down the street.
You're so innocent.

Tell me, what happens when shit goes down and the government is the one you're running from?

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 09-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #534

Quote:
You're so innocent.

Tell me, what happens when shit goes down and the government is the one you're running from?
Then you're fucked anyways. They have the bombs, you have a gun and an extra 50lbs on your belly.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-28-2016, 01:00 PM   #535
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,183 Times in 1,914 Posts
Quote:
Good, you better change the goal posts.

I'll take my "racism" any day over risking what's going on in France. I know you're singing this bullshit rainbow tune now, but until your own family or friends die in an attack, you'll keep repeating this garbage.

See, you're okay if people die as long as it's not you or yours dearly. If it does happen to you, you'll be on this Trump train with me.

"The chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are about 1 in 20 million. A person is as likely to be killed by his or her own furniture, and more likely to die in a car accident, drown in a bathtub, or in a building fire than from a terrorist attack"

Just saying...
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Then you're fucked anyways. They have the bombs, you have a gun and an extra 50lbs on your belly.
Know this truth; had the founders of this nation believed as you do, this nation would not be.

With over 93 million fire arms in the populace, the government wouldn't dare. At least not here, and I pray it stays that way.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
"The chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are about 1 in 20 million. A person is as likely to be killed by his or her own furniture, and more likely to die in a car accident, drown in a bathtub, or in a building fire than from a terrorist attack"

Just saying...
Im aware of the statistics, and I'm not advocating the right to bear arms based on a fear of terrorists, it's to defend my self from my own citizens who resort to crime as a way of living. Or murderers or rapists.

You make a good point but I was thinking of something much more likely.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 09-28-2016, 01:17 PM   #538

Quote:
Know this truth; had the founders of this nation believed as you do, this nation would not be.

With over 93 million fire arms in the populace, the government wouldn't dare. At least not here, and I pray it stays that way.
They don't care because they know while you have your guns they have drones that will leave you nothing but a faint cheesy cloud of Dorito dust right where you stand if they ever felt you were any kind of a threat to overtake them.

But yeah, keep telling yourself you need your guns in case you need to overthrow the government, I hope they air that shit on PPV up here.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #539
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:

LOL!!!! you remind me of those people who think the south will rise again. You can have all the guns you want but it's not going to help any when they cut the power/food/gas supplies.

Dusty Nuggets
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #540
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,304 Times in 864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
About that... what happens in the USA has a major impact on the world. And since we're America's #1 trade partner, it has a yuuuge impact on us. Just a tremendous impact.
Yes I understand that.

But to me, there's a difference between covering pivotal moments during the campaign and over analyzing every little detail in an almost tabloid like sense that the US just loves to do.

Even when we had our senate scandal, I don't recall it getting very greasy through the media. But I digress.

As for the economy?

I wouldn't trust either candidate with a 5 year old's piggybank, let alone the state of the nation's finances...
Old 09-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
LOL!!!! you remind me of those people who think the south will rise again. You can have all the guns you want but it's not going to help any when they cut the power/food/gas supplies.
No wonder You're confused, you have no idea what guerrilla warfare is nor a clue as to who makes food. Pro tip: it's the farmers who are pro 2nd amendment...you Know the gun "nuts".

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2016, 03:14 PM   #542
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,649 Times in 647 Posts
This has always been my favourite video on gun control. The part of the definition on "amendment" is pure gold.

LiveLeak.com - Jim Jefferies on Gun Control
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #543
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
No wonder You're confused, you have no idea what guerrilla warfare is nor a clue as to who makes food. Pro tip: it's the farmers who are pro 2nd amendment...you Know the gun "nuts".
I actually do and I also understand Americans are addicted to there fast food. You think a man with a wife and 2 kids is going to take them into the forest to fight the government? America has every inch of the US mapped and has satellites that can literately spot a man taking a piss. A bunch of hillbilly's with guns will not stand a chance against the government.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 09-28-2016, 03:34 PM   #544
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,950 Times in 875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I actually do and I also understand Americans are addicted to there fast food. You think a man with a wife and 2 kids is going to take them into the forest to fight the government? America has every inch of the US mapped and has satellites that can literately spot a man taking a piss. A bunch of hillbilly's with guns will not stand a chance against the government.
Man, it's like talking to a wall (ha!) -- don't bother.

Seriously, the asshats who think like him are the exact reason why America is not so great. It's just too bad they can't see it themselves, and how it's the rest of us who are the brainwashed morons bending over to whatever big entity it is they think they're crusading against.

There's a saying I'm particularly fond of in Korea -- "You walk around shit because it's unclean, not because you're afraid of it".

I went against my better judgment and prodded it a few times with legitimate questions, but my reservations were confirmed: it's still shit.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2016, 04:14 PM   #545
I help report spam so I got this! <--

https://presidentialopenquestions.com

I actually read through a few questios and was surprise at the massive insurance premium. Almost 900 bucks a month.

Also: Average Monthly Premiums Per Person in the Individual Market | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

And lol: https://mobile.twitter.com/paulfletc...685889/video/1

Last edited by Nlkko; 09-28-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:32 PM   #546
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

People like The7even make me wonder how there can be people around us who can see the world so differently. I'll never understand that kind of mentality. How will we ever have a just government when we can't even agree on basic facts? Baffles me.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #547
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,167 Times in 1,971 Posts
So I've been rewatching Parks and Recreation for the past few weeks and finally made it to season 4, which focused on Leslie Knopes and Bobby Newport's election campaigns (which I actually completely forgot about.) Even though this particular season revolved around the previous US elections, it's kinda amazing how well it seems to be fitting into this go-around.

There's my off-topic comment of the night!

Edit: Here's an example

Old 09-29-2016, 11:16 PM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
People like The7even make me wonder how there can be people around us who can see the world so differently. I'll never understand that kind of mentality. How will we ever have a just government when we can't even agree on basic facts? Baffles me.
I'm not too different from you. We have plenty in common, I just see what I haven't seen before. This doesn't mean you're stupid and I'm smart, it's just that I've had different experiences and through these experiences I have changed my opinions on matters.

I support abortion, I believe in vaccination and people that do not are ignoring science, I also believe in global warming unlike Donald Trump. I support Assange and Snowden, and he despises them. I also supported Obama in '08.

I see the world differently on the 2nd amendment because I live in Chicago. We have had a gun ban in Chicago for a long, long time and it has not worked. This is because common sense shows that when you ask people to turn in their guns, only the law abiding citizens will do it, the criminals remain armed because criminals break the law - a shocker.

I lived through turmoil and I understand what having an unarmed populace means. I understand that a citizenry without a means to defend it self will be at the mercy of a corrupt authoritarian government - despite what some here think "they got planes dood, they will carpet bomb you with tanks and launch machetes at you", war isn't so simple, a resistance is possible with an armed population, without it you're asking for slaughter.

Now, given that a citizenry vs government conflict is unlikely to happen anytime soon in the US, I also don't want to be at the mercy of criminals.
Some of the guys here haven't experienced what I have.
In my 19 years in Chicago, I've been assaulted twice, my mother robed at knife point, my cousin held at gunpoint and almost died, my family friend beaten to within inches of his life and a close friend and his father held at gunpoint and robbed. I refuse to be a defenseless victim. I have my principals and my property is my own - I reserve the right to protect it with my life. I will take my guns and I will defend my household and my family and my property with my life because I know the importance of this as I have lost it all before. Those that don't like the "macho" attitude can go right ahead and get off my lawn!

As far as Trump goes, I've always said, Ron Paul is my first choice but given that the US election is a stupid, rigged system, I only have two choices.. and I will go with the one that doesn't know how to speak elegantly vs the one that does and is an excellent liar, manipulator and supports a marxist culture where I have to walk on eggshells when I speak about FACTS.

I refuse to yield, I will speak my mind and I wish to not be punished for it by losing my job, or be threatened and belittled by the masses who respond with knee-jerk reactions by jumping to conclusions. I refuse to let those who's battle cry is "racism!!!!', "sexismm!!", "apologizeee!"! at anything that doesn't support their jaded view of the world, believe that they're right and everyone else is on "the wrong side of history".

The truth is that the Democrats in the government (which I have supported before when I didn't know better) are the most racist and lying bunch of people to exist.
They are the ones that created the ghetto's, destabilized the black family structure and made them dependent on not only government handouts but on drugs as well. They created a climate where 72% of black kids are born out of wedlock and if people don't understand the impact and the importance this has on society, then they will learn eventually through experience.
I haven't even mentioned what the "3 strikes" law, created by Clinton, did to the community they plagued with drugs has done for the black community...I won't go there.
But the point is, my views differ from the people's view here because I've seen this first hand, I've put two and two together and it's as clear as day to me. Canadians have it good, you guys don't have the problem we have here so it's easy for people to say "why you needs guns, redneck!" never mind that I'm eastern European....
I also can't ignore Benghazi, deleting emails, lying to federal agents, the Clinton Foundation and it's effect on Haiti, saying she will increase taxes on big companies and fuck shit up with banks and yet still is supported financially and in other ways by these groups.. I cannot ignore this.

People get butthurt over Trump's comments but I really don't care much for feelings. We DO have a problem with unhindered illegal immigration, Muslims from certain parts of the world ARE more likely to be terrorists, people will support immigration and then when a 7 year old girl gets run over by a fucking truck, they'll change their FB photo to the correlating nations flag and feel good about them selves.. they're virtue signaling morons.
The black community is in deep trouble and needs a dose of truth and a slap of honesty in order to fix it. Lying about how good they have it (they fucking don't) will continue the downward spiral further and these police killings are boiling points erupting.

You wondered just how is it possible that my view is so different.. well this is how and why I differ, my life experiences have shaped me this way, so I cannot in good conscience go back to being a part of the dems or support this thunderous cunt now that I know better.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 09-29-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:36 AM   #549
linguistic ninja

Thank you for that the7even. I'm a firm believer in nature vs. nurture (the nurture part) and that many of us in Vancouver are infantile and sheltered. I think I'm paraphrasing a famous French philosopher but we might disagree on issues but it's up to everyone to defend the other's right to disagree.

I hope you and your family finds your way out of Chicago someday, or at least to a safer suburb so you don't feel the need to have to defend your property with your life.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2016, 09:11 AM   #550
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,649 Times in 647 Posts
Great rant! I can agree on some points. Certainly not all of them, but it was a good read.
This post thanked by: