REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:42 AM   #551
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,467 Times in 576 Posts
thanks for some detail on your position.
i'm not for just taking guns away from people like you say they did in chicago. instead we need common sense rules about guns, like proper background screening. however, many people don't even want to start talking about any new regulations for guns (because muh 2nd amendment).
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #552
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 6,240 Times in 1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
People like The7even make me wonder how there can be people around us who can see the world so differently. I'll never understand that kind of mentality. How will we ever have a just government when we can't even agree on basic facts? Baffles me.
I don't understand why you bother failing all my posts that don't align with your leftist bias.. that baffles me.

I guess I'm not entitled to my own opinions or beliefs?
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #553
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
I don't understand why you bother failing all my posts that don't align with your leftist bias.. that baffles me.

I guess I'm not entitled to my own opinions or beliefs?
EVERYONE is equal. we should not judge each other based on our skin colour nor sex. religious freedoms are paramount to an open and tolerant society. We all matter!*

*unless your opinion is different from mine, in which case it doesn't matter at all!

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
Old 09-30-2016, 03:34 PM   #554
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Thank you for that the7even. I'm a firm believer in nature vs. nurture (the nurture part) and that many of us in Vancouver are infantile and sheltered. I think I'm paraphrasing a famous French philosopher but we might disagree on issues but it's up to everyone to defend the other's right to disagree.

I hope you and your family finds your way out of Chicago someday, or at least to a safer suburb so you don't feel the need to have to defend your property with your life.
Thanks bro, I'm planning on it. Safer suburb for sure.
I might have made it sound worse than it is but certain areas are definitely like that.

And yes, agree with everything you said.

Me and Ulic met up about 2-3 years ago and it was very memorable, was very happy to have met the guy and his brother. Maybe if you stop by here ever we can grab some food, I remember when you were here the last time, maybe 8 or 9 years ago, you called this my stomping grounds haha.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #555
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Thanks bro, I'm planning on it. Safer suburb for sure.
I might have made it sound worse than it is but certain areas are definitely like that.

And yes, agree with everything you said.

Me and Ulic met up about 2-3 years ago and it was very memorable, was very happy to have met the guy and his brother. Maybe if you stop by here ever we can grab some food, I remember when you were here the last time, maybe 8 or 9 years ago, you called this my stomping grounds haha.
Awesome sounds good. And great memory man! yes I was last there in 2008 and know that crime is entirely incidental to which side of the street you happen to live on. I've been to Chicago a couple times and always had a great time. Used to have an uncle there but he's moved away (career, not crime) but it's good to know there's someone there I can chill with if I pass through.

Stay safe!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
Old 09-30-2016, 11:19 PM   #556
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

The7even is it your shifting towards a more Republican policy over a Democratic over the past 8 years the major reason your voting for Trump? This I can understand and support. However, to suggest that Trump will make a better POTUS then Hilary is where I find it mind bending that some can suggest this.

It's unfortunate McCain or Romney aren't running as this could have been a decent election this time around. I could have seen McCain running away with it.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #557
SiRVs up, dude

If only he didn't play politics and run with Sarah Palin...
Old 10-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #558
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Not a Trump supporter but I dont quite understand why people are making a fuss with Trump using 900+M for capital loss to offset future capital gains
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #559
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,774 Posts
b/c people are they don't have $900+M to loose or future capital gains

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #560
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Because it put his story of making out on his own from a few mil his father lend him in question and also exploiting the system isn't pretty.

Not a big deal but it's just a smear campaign from both camp at this point. He sucks because he did this, she's terrible because of that. Pretty sad election.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:52 PM   #561
all day, everyday

Thanked 1,862 Times in 500 Posts
i wonder if wikileaks really does have dirt on HC..........
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #562
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,282 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak View Post
i wonder if wikileaks really does have dirt on HC..........
Read about it the 'October surprise' this morning. Cannot wait enough to see what the announcement is. Lots of hype so far (not in the mainstream media though).

They better fucking deliver based on that hype.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/10/03...h-drone-report

Quote:
A new report reveals that an angry and frustrated Hillary Clinton once pondered obliterating Wikileaks’ Julian Assange with a drone strike.

The shocking revelation comes as the Democratic presidential nominee and the party’s brain trust brace themselves for an “October Surprise” from Assange.

Wikileaks has vowed to unleash a torrent of emails expected to be highly damaging to the former secretary of state -- and her bid for the White House.

The True Pundit says the U.S. government was tasked with neutralizing Assange. And Clinton was the point person.

“Can’t we just drone this guy?” she pondered during one high-charged meeting, State Department sources reportedly told True Pundit. According to the website, others in the room laughed.

But not Clinton, who called the Assange a “soft target.”

Now, Assange is poised to potentially derail Clinton’s aspirations when he unveils a treasure trove of emails. Their contents remain secret.

“I don’t want to give it away,” Assange told Fox News in August. “But it’s a variety of documents, from different types of institutions that are associated with the election campaign, some quite unexpected, some even entertaining.”

Already Assange has wreaked havoc on the Democrats this election. Last spring Wikileaks released emails from Democratic power players revealing they were actively scheming against Clinton rival Bernie Sanders.

Assange had originally planned to present his latest bombshell from the balcony of the Ecuadorean embassy in London, where he’s been holed up for five years, fighting extradition to Sweden.

However, security fears prompted his press conference being moved to video link.

Assange has darkly hinted that a Democratic National Committee staffer named Seth Rich may have been Wikileaks’ Clinton source.

Rich, 27, was shot to death on a Washington street in July. Cops say the young politico was the victim of a botched robbery but his death has spawned scores of conspiracy theories.

The slaying remains unsolved.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:40 AM   #563
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,024 Times in 5,121 Posts
If people are already willing to support the terrorist Clinton, nothing Assange reveals will turn them off. It would have to be REALLY bad.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:12 AM   #564
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,041 Times in 3,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Assange has darkly hinted that a Democratic National Committee staffer named Seth Rich may have been Wikileaks’ Clinton source.

Rich, 27, was shot to death on a Washington street in July. Cops say the young politico was the victim of a botched robbery

Hillary Clinton suggested taking out Wikileaks founder Julian Assange with drone
Old 10-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #565
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,436 Times in 725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Read about it the 'October surprise' this morning. Cannot wait enough to see what the announcement is. Lots of hype so far (not in the mainstream media though).

They better fucking deliver based on that hype.

Hillary Clinton suggested taking out Wikileaks founder Julian Assange with drone
Any more info yet?
Old 10-04-2016, 12:59 PM   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If people are already willing to support the terrorist Clinton, nothing Assange reveals will turn them off. It would have to be REALLY bad.
This. Guy has been saying this shit for months. I would say the shit is "priced in" at this point.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:02 PM   #567
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,282 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Any more info yet?
Looks like Assange was misquoted when people were assuming that Wikileaks had info that would irreparably damage Clinton's presidential run.

Here's a brief of what happened today

WikiLeaks to Start Releasing Documents on the U.S. Election, Google

From the article:

Quote:
In 2010, WikiLeaks released more than 90,000 secret documents on the U.S.-led military campaign in Afghanistan, followed by almost 400,000 U.S. military reports detailing operations in Iraq. Those disclosures were followed by the release of millions of diplomatic cables dating back to 1973.
Considering how much information has been passed on to the public, it seems like the public has generally passed them over. So yes, nothing will change. Politics are just a playground for the rich to siphon the lifeblood from the poor and the middle class who support all tiers of society.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #568
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,774 Posts
sounds like they got to him

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 10-04-2016, 06:12 PM   #569
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
This. Guy has been saying this shit for months. I would say the shit is "priced in" at this point.
Wow, when did you finally realize Hillary is no good?
Old 10-04-2016, 09:13 PM   #570
all day, everyday

Thanked 1,862 Times in 500 Posts
I was half expecting Hillary getting caught giving bj to a young staffer... Only half expecting

10weekly drops to find out though
Old 10-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #571

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
Wow, when did you finally realize Hillary is no good?
I have established she's a better choice than Trump. I never said she's oh so great.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #572
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I can't understand how anybody could be behind Clinton at all...with all the documented corruption and human suffering connected to her, i wish someone would tell me a few good points about her, and give me what they're smoking.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #573
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajei View Post
I can't understand how anybody could be behind Clinton at all...with all the documented corruption and human suffering connected to her, i wish someone would tell me a few good points about her, and give me what they're smoking.
For many, it simply boils down to which candidate they dislike / do not want seeing in the Oval Office more.

Factually speaking, all indications suggest that Killary is the more capable and suitable candidate. Nobody should ever want a racist nutjob to become Commander in Chief and hang onto those nuclear access codes.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #574
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,041 Times in 3,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
For many, it simply boils down to which candidate they dislike / do not want seeing in the Oval Office more.

Factually speaking, all indications suggest that Killary is the more capable and suitable candidate. Nobody should ever want a racist nutjob to become Commander in Chief and hang onto those nuclear access codes.
which is why im surprised the 3rd party candidates aren't more popular this time around as they have been in the past (Perot, etc)
Old 10-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #575
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
Realistically, voters know that outside of the GOP vs Democrats, 3rd party candidates stand a very slim chance of winning. Besides, without the huge party machinery, 3rd party candidates basically face the impossible task of sustaining a national campaign. As a voter, if you don't even know what the candidate's platform is, how can you possibly vote for him?

And thus it is back to the choice between the less of the 2 evils.