REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #626
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Trump no chance as it stands.

On assasination, i dont think so. Remember why JFK was assassinated. Besides the fact that he was not well-liked by big corporate (huge popularity with the people though), he was about to pull out of Vietnam which would have killed the US war machine. Trump is good for the war machine. He will just FUBAR the US after all is said and done. If he does become president though, I do not support any assassinations. That is how you kill democracy. If the people made a shitty choice, they will have to live with it, and learn so that they dont repeat that in the future.

I think the truth about JFK will come out some day when enough time has passed. It was a dark day of US history.
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #627
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,169 Times in 3,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I'm gonna go into full conspiracy theory mode here for a moment, so forgive me if I sound like CiC or +theone+ but what do you think the odds would be that Trump would be assassinated by a branch of the government should he actually be elected? I'm sure many people in the government would see him a huge threat to national security and a destabilizing force to both the country in particular and world in general. While I don't buy into the whole "JFK was assassinated by the USA government" conspiracy, it can certainly lend credence that a Trump presidency could potentially end in a similar manner.

Anyway, that's my late night thought of the day.
I've been thinking about this as well and I personally think it's a big possibility. Look what happened with JFK and people loved the guy.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #628
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,807 Times in 1,174 Posts
it crossed my mind...but i don't think he'll be assassinated
hell, he'll probably do all the assassinations

not saying we're the best system but any political system like the US is doomed to be fucked and is hardly synonymous with democracy...it's literally rigged to be a 2 party system

Just look at all the latin american countries and other developing nations with similar systems
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 10-17-2016, 11:28 AM   #629
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,673 Times in 3,593 Posts
Its funny people are getting so butthurt about him saying the election is rigged.
When you end up with these two fucking retards as your choices, how the fuck can you believe otherwise? Because PATRIOTISM FREEDOM DEMOCRACY?!!!!

I know that isn't the context he means it in, but it couldn't be more true.
Westopher is correct.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #630

Everything is always rigged unless you win it.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #631
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,301 Times in 863 Posts
My theory?

Collusion

Trump is a 'business' man. He can take on whatever venture he wishes. Thanks to the huge media push he got during the repub campaign trails, he ended up as the sole remaining candidate.

Now that Clinton got the Dem nomination, the media is now going on huge offensives against Trump. Very rarely has Clinton been portrayed in a negative light since the nomination regardless of the DNC hack and what ultimately led to Bernie losing.

Wikileaks has been publishing documents now including her speeches FOR Goldman Sachs. Remember that Goldman Sachs donated to Clinton AND Cruz at the same fucking time.

However, regardless of all the above, Trump has continuously shown himself to be inexperienced for political office and my theory is that he knows that. I always believed he decided to enter and play the theatrical lead to see what would happen. I'm not even sure he thought he'd go this far. He did drop out in 2012 after all.

I think backdoor tactics are still going on. Trump will get dinged in the debates and in the ongoing media coverage and slowly lose ground against Clinton.

Come election time, Clinton will win and Trump will run back to his 'business' empire....

...ready to sit down as a guest of honour at a Clinton Campaign fundraiser.

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #632
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Trumps business empire is not doing so well and a lot of his supporters can't afford to stay in one of his hotels.

Also: Donald Trump Can Be Sued Over Toronto Tower Debacle, Court Rules

Dusty Nuggets
Old 10-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #633
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,702 Times in 211 Posts
anyone watch?

This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2016, 11:09 PM   #634
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I strongly recommend everyone watch the documentary 13th on Netflix. Their is a section in the film that made me dislike Donald Trump even more, but also made me think Hillary and Bill should be put on blast even more. When she stands up to Trumps Stop and Frisk stance, I just want to be like you realize your husbands to blame for so much of what's happened in the black community, and you fully supported him during his positioning on the three strike rule.

Everyone should watch. How a single black person could vote for Trump is mind boggling, but I also see why voting her Hillary probably doesn't feel that much better if your a black person in the US considering her past.

This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #635
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,301 Times in 863 Posts
Hah

Scott Foval and Robert Creamer have both lost their jobs as a result of Project Veritas. Well played.

Meanwhile Wikileaks continued to publish various Clinton related documents just shy of having their Internet shut off by the Ecuadorian government.

Funny that when Wikileaks released Iraq war documents that were against the Bush administration and republicans in general, everyone praised the organization but many years later when they shift to the 'left', everyone goes belly up-in-arms about connections to Trump, Putin, Russian hackers etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #636

Giuliani VS Cuban debate on CNN right now.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 10-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #637
RS controls my life!

This debate is such a yuuuuuuuge gongshow.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouchou View Post
This debate is such a yuuuuuuuge gongshow.
WRONG.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 10-19-2016, 07:43 PM   #639

Trump actually wins this debate I think. He was very aggressive but not totally dirty (like the 2nd time) and it worked out well for him.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Trump actually wins this debate I think. He was very aggressive but not totally dirty (like the 2nd time) and it worked out well for him.
Not even close. He lost big time. When he said he would not commit to the election results he lost it. CNN's poll has Hillory winning the debate 52% to 39% for donald. That 39% is donalds base and thats all he is going to get in the election.

Also anyone know Billy Bush's midichlorian count?

Dusty Nuggets
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #641
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,564 Times in 391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Not even close. He lost big time. When he said he would not commit to the election results he lost it. CNN's poll has Hillory winning the debate 52% to 39% for donald. That 39% is donalds base and thats all he is going to get in the election.

Also anyone know Billy Bush's midichlorian count?
Yeah, that was an awful answer.

He should have said:

"If the election is free of fraud and voter manipulation, I definitely will accept it."

Panders to his base and also doesn't sound like an asshole.

http://www.e38registry.org/
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2016, 11:06 PM   #642

CNN os pro Clinton though. With the news outlets, you really need to know these things.

He was able to discuss toes to toes on foreign policy. Clinton seems to be snoozing.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #643
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 6,243 Times in 1,077 Posts
Very curious to see the voter turnout numbers this year, and whether or not the popular vote coincides with the actual election outcome.

Debate was meh.

What was interesting to me was the pro-life bit, classic struggle of state rights vs federal powers. While I certainly believe that a woman should have the right to end a pregnancy, I also support the notion that if the majority of the population votes for/against anything - you have to recognize that vote. At what point does the federal gov. have the right to force laws on a state where the majority if that states does not support the law?

Last edited by jasonturbo; 10-20-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:37 AM   #644
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,468 Times in 577 Posts
there needs to be a lot more accountability for people making false claims during a debate.
it should be absolutely criminal to lie as boldly as the candidates do. you can't say something last week then deny that you ever said it a week later when it's all clearly on video. i think candidates should be under oath.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #645

as if oaths have ever stopped anyone from lying lol
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 10-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #646
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,468 Times in 577 Posts
you're right, but any level of obligation to tell the truth is better than none.
right now you could say you donated half your fortune last year to doctors without borders and some people would actually change their vote just by hearing you say that.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #647
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
At what point does the federal gov. have the right to force laws on a state where the majority if that states does not support the law?
Segregation/Jim Crow. If some Red states need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th/21st Century then so be it.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
Old 10-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #648
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 4,835 Times in 920 Posts
which debate was the best?

Saw the 1st one only

should i watch the 2nd or 3rd?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
which debate was the best?

Saw the 1st one only

should i watch the 2nd or 3rd?
they all sucked if you're looking for good info
but i thought the 1st was fairly entertaining, 2nd wasn't that good.
I've only seen snippets of the last one but seemed like it was the same old shit

Spoiler!
Old 10-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #650
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 4,835 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
they all sucked if you're looking for good info
but i thought the 1st was fairly entertaining, 2nd wasn't that good.
I've only seen snippets of the last one but seemed like it was the same old shit

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.