REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:16 PM   #76
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
Obama has faith in American voters?
really? after they voted George W Bush for 2nd term?

I think Trump has real chance, only in america
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2016, 11:22 PM   #77
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,023 Times in 5,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
^Watching Bernie Sanders get completely written off by establishment media (MSNBC, CNN, FOX etc.) has reminded me more of how sad it was watching Ron Paul in the past. These are two guys that polarize(d) independent voters - and because they fall so far from the mainstream 'establishment goals', they get no coverage/respect at all. The more I watch Hillary, and the more I see how the entire media is biased in her favour, the more I get pissed off at the whole system - and actually WANT Trump to win, just to fuck some shit up and force-feed political reform down American throats.

CNN: Clinton News Network - biased media

Thankfully, because only two people are running in this Democratic cycle, Bernie gets more attention than RP has in the past running against a dozen other candidates... hopefully we end up with a Bernie v. Trump head to head.
It's funny because every generation, people bitch about how the previous gen left things so fucked up for them. And it's true, because none of the required changes are ever made.

So here's Bernie, a guy who is willing to make those changes that are needed, to fix America's fucked up situations, along with the world's. "The Establishment" obviously doesn't want these things to change, so are downplaying him as much as they can.

Luckily for the people, America isn't a completely shitty society. People actually have the ability to put him in power. There are very few countries where this could happen - most simply don't have a choice. Thing is, the young people who are getting fucked by previous generations have to go out and work to put him in power.

I think he won Nevada and Kansas today, so it looks like it can happen.

I think a DEM wins pretty much no matter what, especially if Trump is the REP. But if Hilary is representing DEM, it won't matter one bit. It's just more of the same shit. Just another pawn
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #78
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,394 Times in 1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
Obama has faith in American voters?
really? after they voted George W Bush for 2nd term?

I think Trump has real chance, only in america
I was under the impression that Al Gore won the popular vote but lost due to the electoral college.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:04 AM   #79
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I was under the impression that Al Gore won the popular vote but lost due to the electoral college.
That was in 2000, not 2004.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #80
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,394 Times in 1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
That was in 2000, not 2004.
Right.

That was the Bush vs. Kerry election in 2008.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #81
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,871 Times in 826 Posts
Somebody should send a tweet to Hillary about using this new Samsung solid state drive to save her work e-mails. Troll her about the 15 TB size.

Bernie Sanders is too old. He also doesn't make any good fried chicken like KFC's Colonel Sanders.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #82
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,240 Times in 1,269 Posts
meh, it's not til November 8th.

still 8 months to go

Old 03-06-2016, 10:21 PM   #83

In the end, it'll probably be a battle between Trump and Clinton

Old 03-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #84
SiRVs up, dude

Bernie just took a huge win in Maine, media's not really playing into it though, but great news! There is still hope Clinton doesn't make it
Old 03-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #85
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Well we've all seen the trump bashing videos but this is something you dont see everyday, someone with a history
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 05:31 AM   #86
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

Trump Confronted About Dancing ISRAELIS, Not Muslims
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFYjiafB8Cs
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 03-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #87
Ricer Mod

Thanked 4,348 Times in 1,258 Posts
The fact Sanders is getting railroaded by the media just shows who really runs the country there. His rallies are huge and not covered while trump will have a couple hundred hicks and he'll get prime time looking like the 2nd coming. The entire voting system in America is so ass backward you can't really be surprised when the "pawns" get elected. It's how its set up, so the people in power, whomever they may be can put whomever they want in charge of the country.

Berz out.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #88
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
Well we've all seen the trump bashing videos but this is something you dont see everyday, someone with a history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOQdcVoRys
Most people are not going to have a problem with that video it's the other 100 plus things he has said people have a problem with.

You could make a video just like that about Hitler too.

Dusty Nuggets
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #89
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,651 Times in 3,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
The fact Sanders is getting railroaded by the media just shows who really runs the country there. His rallies are huge and not covered while trump will have a couple hundred hicks and he'll get prime time looking like the 2nd coming. The entire voting system in America is so ass backward you can't really be surprised when the "pawns" get elected. It's how its set up, so the people in power, whomever they may be can put whomever they want in charge of the country.

Berz out.
So much this. The ignorant will try and peg this a some sort of conspiracy tinfoil hat thinking, but its so obvious the way the system is run is completely flawed. People vote based on recognition. Recognition of a candidate is controlled by the media. Media is controlled by corporations with massive financial interest in the outcome.
Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #90
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOQdcVoRys
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #91
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Most people are not going to have a problem with that video it's the other 100 plus things he has said people have a problem with.

You could make a video just like that about Hitler too.
Except hitlers vid would be 10 times better

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 03-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #92
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,282 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post

Berz out.
And the reason is because Sanders is THE ideal candidate for the general population, NOT the wealthy elite. The money that goes towards the media is backed by the wealthy elite. It will never change. John and Jane Smith who work their blue collar lives will never be able to live a life beyond their class because of this feedback loop created by the government, media and the rich who not only support them, but CREATE them.

All the other candidates besides Sanders are parasitic hypocrites. Hillary is a joke and to call her a democrat is like calling George Wallace a 'friendly bro'.

Reminds me of the old saying that in order to maintain an empire, you must keep your citizens dumb, deaf and blind.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #93

Why are Canadian politicians so rude to Donald Trump???

Donald Trump, in fact, loves Canada
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Why are Canadian politicians so rude to Donald Trump???

Donald Trump, in fact, loves Canada
Hitler in fact loved Europe.
Spoiler!

Robert Pickton loved women so much he use to take them home and feed them
Spoiler!

conor mcgregor loved Nate Diaz so much.
Spoiler!

Dusty Nuggets
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #95

Looks like Anonymous is involved now..

Old 03-14-2016, 06:33 PM   #96
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Solid answer by Trudeau. If Trump wins, gotta work with the guy so best not to trash him.

I wish Bloomberg would run, he's one I would like to see to hold office.

Trump v Sanders in November is my vote. Cruz and Rubio don't even hold a candle and Hildebeast just make everyone thinks of WallSt every time she opens her mouth. Also people like Mitt Romney need to shut the fuck up, they are just adding fuel to the Trump fire. Yep, let's have a WallSt elite guy trashing Trump, who has huge support from the uneducated, less-fortunate Americans. That will take away his votes.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #97
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 6,585 Times in 2,288 Posts
If Sanders was such the hero people make him out to be, he'd have the votes.

This is the dumb social media generation who are making up a huge portion of voters, they vote on the most basic of matters. And while Trump does get the media love, if Sanders was so hot and such a slam dunk, more people would be with him. He is obviously going about his campaign in the wrong way, and hence will probably not get the vote.

personally i'm all for Trump, or at the very least, the idea of trump.

FINALLY, somone who doesn't just tow the complete PC bullshit all other politicians do. Someone who isn't afraid to open his mouth.

So sick of all the bullshit "career" politicians tote, look at fucking Trudeau.. guy hasnt pulled through on a single promise, and a large majority of his promises have already been backtracked on or modified.. great.. typical..

Any President is just a figure head, you think Trump is going to be all crazy and erratic if he gets in? of course not.

the guy will surround himself with good people, have a reputable/personable VP, and while still holding to his ideals, back off on the harshness and severity on which he pushes his objectives.

Trump/The Trump idea is the kick in the ass which north american politics have been LONG overdue for.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:51 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Any President is just a figure head.
You clearly don't understand how it works.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 03-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If Sanders was such the hero people make him out to be, he'd have the votes.

This is the dumb social media generation who are making up a huge portion of voters, they vote on the most basic of matters. And while Trump does get the media love, if Sanders was so hot and such a slam dunk, more people would be with him. He is obviously going about his campaign in the wrong way, and hence will probably not get the vote.

personally i'm all for Trump, or at the very least, the idea of trump.

FINALLY, somone who doesn't just tow the complete PC bullshit all other politicians do. Someone who isn't afraid to open his mouth.

So sick of all the bullshit "career" politicians tote, look at fucking Trudeau.. guy hasnt pulled through on a single promise, and a large majority of his promises have already been backtracked on or modified.. great.. typical..

Any President is just a figure head, you think Trump is going to be all crazy and erratic if he gets in? of course not.

the guy will surround himself with good people, have a reputable/personable VP, and while still holding to his ideals, back off on the harshness and severity on which he pushes his objectives.

Trump/The Trump idea is the kick in the ass which north american politics have been LONG overdue for.
I am all in for someone from private sector becoming a CEO.
As I said on somewhere in previous pages, if Robert Herjavec is running a campaign for prime minister, I would vote for him.

Kevin Oleary thinks people are tired of lack of productivity of politicians.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #100

Saw this ad on CNN today.

Dusty Nuggets
This post thanked by: