REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:43 PM   #126
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Not sure which polls/exit polls you're looking at, you must be dreaming.
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2016, 03:52 AM   #127
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Not sure which polls/exit polls you're looking at, you must be dreaming.

Not dreaming. Trump does not have the political organization like Cruz has. Cruz won all the delegates in Colorado because of his ground game.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 04-12-2016, 08:23 AM   #128
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,042 Times in 5,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Not dreaming. Trump does not have the political organization like Cruz has. Cruz won all the delegates in Colorado because of his ground game.
Do you not know how the caucus system works in some states? There were no votes cast for either Cruz or Trump - the Republicans just picked Cruz

Check it out

Trump is rightfully pissed [as should any Republican living in Colorado along with Alaska and I think Hawaii, not sure]
Old 04-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Do you not know how the caucus system works in some states? There were no votes cast for either Cruz or Trump - the Republicans just picked Cruz

Check it out

Trump is rightfully pissed [as should any Republican living in Colorado along with Alaska and I think Hawaii, not sure]
they did vote. They voted for the delegates they want to represent them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...win-delegates/

Quote:
In the hours before Saturday's vote, Trump supporters distributed glossy white flyers urging people to vote for a slate of candidates to fill 13 statewide delegate slots. But several names were misspelled or assigned the wrong ballot number.
If the Trump campaign was better organized they would have gotten some delegates.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 04-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #130
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
So they finally decided that Hils won the Missouri primary.

I was doing a little reading about superdelegates today and found out an interesting fact: Bill Clinton is a superdelegate (as I imagine all former Democrat presidents are?) and while he originally supported Hillary in 2008, he changed his vote to Obama.

There's a lot of people on that 2008 list that originally pledged support for Hillary but ended up swapping to Obama when it looked like he was going to have more momentum. Actually Hillary won more of the popular vote in the 2008 primaries (almost dead even) but Obama had a 5xx to 2xx lead in superdelegates.

What a bullshit system...not very democratic, really.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:56 PM   #131

Your next president

Old 04-20-2016, 01:39 AM   #132
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,251 Times in 1,273 Posts
It's pretty official, it'll be a battle between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Here's the current stat: New York primary: Trump and Clinton win big in Empire State - as it happened | US news | The Guardian

Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 57.9%
Bernie Sanders: 42.1%

Republican
Donald Trump: 60.5%
John Kasich: 25.1%
Ted Cruz: 14.5%

Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton

Last edited by Timpo; 04-20-2016 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:57 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post

[SIZE="5"]Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 57.9%
Bernie Sanders: 42.1%
Here is something to think about. You had to register as a democrat or republican in October to be eligible to vote in the New York primary. Bernie Sanders has picked up a lot of support since then. I bet if people where allowed to register a few weeks before the primary Clinton would have lost.

New York's strict voter registration rules frustrate Sanders supporters | US news | The Guardian

Dusty Nuggets
Old 04-20-2016, 01:59 AM   #134
$_$
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Someone called it in the past, Trump is only there to make Hillary look good. And look where we are now. Who knew I'd rather Hillary than the alternative?
Old 04-20-2016, 02:27 AM   #135

I wonder that if Clinton ends up winning the primaries, Bernie will end up running as an independent...

He could still potentially sweep the rest of the states and win, so we'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:31 AM   #136
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,049 Times in 3,233 Posts
I like how in Brooklyn (bernies borough) there were 125,000 people that had been denied their vote

Quote:
Of the 126,000 Democratic voters taken off from the rolls in Brooklyn, Ryan said 12,000 had moved out of borough, while 44,000 more had been placed in an inactive file after mailings to their homes bounced back. An additional 70,000 were already inactive and, having failed to vote in two successive federal elections or respond to cancel notices, were removed.

"Since the eyes and ears of the world are on New York, issues that are relatively routine for any election are receiving greater scrutiny," he added.

In pledging to audit the board, the office of New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer issued a much stricter verdict.

"The people of New York City have lost confidence that the Board of Elections can effectively administer elections and we intend to find out why the BOE is so consistently disorganized, chaotic and inefficient," he said.

The Clinton campaign had no immediate
New York primary hit by voter issues, Brooklyn 'purge' - CNNPolitics.com

also heard that some polling stations were late to open or didn't open at all

Quote:
According to the Post, New Yorkers were blocked from voting after officials lost the keys to the voting stations, or some had broken voting machines.

Voters arriving at a polling station in Brooklyn's Bushwick neighborhood this morning found themselves locked out because nobody could find the keys that would open the doors to the facility.

'You can't vote nor cast any type of ballot. They (the keys to the building) are in a locked box and no one has the key,' voter Torsha Childs posted on Facebook, according to the Post. 'You can't even get inside the building, you are being turned away at the door way. WOW !!!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46MUJm51l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-machines.html
Old 04-21-2016, 04:48 PM   #137
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

It's not over until the fat lady sings, or in this case the pant-suit lady. I'm still hoping for Bernie, and even if he doesn't win the nomination, this election process has opened up a lot of eyes. People are beginning to see how the process is fundamentally rigged, and what you're seeing is not actually real. I really think this will have lasting ramifications to both parties, and hopefully will begin the process of a government and party overhaul. Things have to change, these people who support Bernie will not go away, nor will the Trump folks for that matter if he loses.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #138
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,284 Times in 1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
It's not over until the fat lady sings, or in this case the pant-suit lady. I'm still hoping for Bernie, and even if he doesn't win the nomination, this election process has opened up a lot of eyes. People are beginning to see how the process is fundamentally rigged, and what you're seeing is not actually real. I really think this will have lasting ramifications to both parties, and hopefully will begin the process of a government and party overhaul. Things have to change, these people who support Bernie will not go away, nor will the Trump folks for that matter if he loses.
won't change a thing.

who was that last guy?
and the guy before?
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #139
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,251 Times in 1,273 Posts
Ted Cruz, John Kasich join forces to stop Donald Trump
Ted Cruz, John Kasich join forces to stop Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Trump: Cruz-Kasich alliance 'pathetic'
Trump: Cruz-Kasich alliance 'pathetic' - CNNPolitics.com
Old 04-25-2016, 09:06 PM   #140
I don't get it

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:26 PM   #141
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Trump is running to move the US in a new direction, a better one imo, but all his rivals are running to stop him. Really shows how out of touch his rivals are, and how much in denial the establishment is that the people want the Donald
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2016, 01:45 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelunch View Post
Trump is running to move the US in a new direction, a better one imo, but all his rivals are running to stop him. Really shows how out of touch his rivals are, and how much in denial the establishment is that the people want the Donald
Question how tall is the wall going to be?

Dusty Nuggets
Old 05-03-2016, 08:53 AM   #143
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I honestly don't know what will happen if Trump becomes president...
Old 05-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #144
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sergioquiroz View Post
Hopefully does the things he says. Stop illegal immigration. Stop free-trade and bring back jobs to USA. Piss off politicians that have been bought and paid for by lobby groups as Trump hasn't taken a dime in the election yet and has no one to payback when he becomes president.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #145
Performance Moderator

Thanked 2,645 Times in 756 Posts
WTF are you smoking Eastwood... hasn't taken a dime... I didn't know propaganda came in breakfast cereal format now? Get your facts straight before making a stupid post.

Nevermind the fact Trump himself has spent a LOT of time both taking advantage of free trade personally for his businesses AND manufacturing all his shit in China. That's way too simple to look up though right?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:19 AM   #146
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
WTF are you smoking Eastwood... hasn't taken a dime... I didn't know propaganda came in breakfast cereal format now? Get your facts straight before making a stupid post.

Nevermind the fact Trump himself has spent a LOT of time both taking advantage of free trade personally for his businesses AND manufacturing all his shit in China. That's way too simple to look up though right?
He financed his entire campaign without corporate or billionaire donors. He doesn't have any lobbyists.

Of course he took advantage of free-trade. In the current market you need to outsource work out of America because of free-trade. Him and Bernie are the only candidates against NAFTA.

Too bad the other candidates have been bought and paid to keep NAFTA well alive.

Keep playing the narrative though. "He hates Muslims and Mexicans... Hes racist."
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #147
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,762 Times in 776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sergioquiroz View Post
1) IMO, Trump has a 0.1% chance of becoming the next US president. All 'Murica jokes aside, the people in that country can't possible be that dumb.

2) In the off off chance that Trump becomes president, Congress is still going to rein him in. Every stupid little thing he attempts will be challenged. Of course, I don't expect every stupid idea coming out of his a$$ will get blocked, but the worst and most harmful ones will.

This is why it is important to have a good running system. People will corrupt, but the system will rein them in, limiting the amount of damage that can be done.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
He financed his entire campaign without corporate or billionaire donors. He doesn't have any lobbyists.
He has loaned his campaign money. He expects to be paid back when he enters the general Guess where that money will be coming from?

Dusty Nuggets
Old 05-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #149
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,172 Times in 3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
1) IMO, Trump has a 0.1% chance of becoming the next US president. All 'Murica jokes aside, the people in that country can't possible be that dumb.

2) In the off off chance that Trump becomes president, Congress is still going to rein him in. Every stupid little thing he attempts will be challenged. Of course, I don't expect every stupid idea coming out of his a$$ will get blocked, but the worst and most harmful ones will.

This is why it is important to have a good running system. People will corrupt, but the system will rein them in, limiting the amount of damage that can be done.
I have lots of American friends and they will pick Trump over Clinton any day. They can't stand her and will do anything so she doesn't get elected.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #150
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 6,253 Times in 1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

So very ignorant.

If I was American, I would vote Republican, with Trump I don't fully know what to expect, with Hilary I know exactly what to expect.

Go read "Clinton Cash" or one of the other 30+ books which demonstrate quite convincingly that Hilary has zero integrity, I believe she is a complete and udder corporate shill who seeks the presidency to benefit her own life, not the people of America.

Ultimately, most reasonable people probably view modern democracy as a "lesser of the evils" situation as opposed to a "select the best". It's not like people rush to the polls with butterflies in their stomachs, nervous, excited, somewhat upset that they can only pick one of the many fabulous leaders on the ballot.

The US gubernatorial system is all about successful lobbying, election spending is the single greatest leading indicator, whoever spends the most typically wins. Funding is collected from supporters who are often looking for something in return (IE: Political support of specific policies or projects etc) or "by coincidence" will benefit from some aspect of the platform.

So on the subject of corruption, politicians, successful ones, are almost innately corrupt.

Pick a side if you want, but don't be so ignorant to assume those who have a differing perspective or opinion are incompetent.

Liberals in a nutshell:

Spoiler!