REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #151
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,339 Times in 761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
who seeks the presidency to benefit her own life, not the people of America.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You actually think that's any different for Trump?

He was probably sitting around thinking "Well, I've got billions of dollars and fame, fuck it now I want power! I'll run for president!"
Advertisement

A vehicle for all occasions
Old 05-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #152
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,097 Times in 442 Posts
What amazes me the most is that in such an over the top politically correct time where a guy is forced to sell his NBA franchise over comments he made while being recorded unknowingly in his own house, Trump says whatever crazy shit he wants and is currently in the running to be President of the United States.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #153
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 6,242 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You actually think that's any different for Trump?
Well yes, because Trump hasn't been lobbied for the last 20+ years like most career politicians that have deep ties and relationships.

Granted he has business relationships but he built those in business, I doubt he has any need or want to cater to those business contacts now.

Don't think I'm ignorant to the possibility, I just view politics as a grinder or sorts, people enter politics wanting to make a difference and then get chewed up by the system over the years and become just another jaded self serving political twat. Fresh politicians are IMO far more ethical and honest than seasoned vets.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #154
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,873 Times in 827 Posts
Cruz is stepping away from the Republican nomination race. Trump is gonna win the nomination for sure.

-from Twitter:
Ted Cruz is withdrawing from the Republican presidential primary, effectively ceding the GOP nomination to Trump wapo.st/24oLWDP
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #155

as much as I am 100% ideologically opposite of sanders, he is a much better choice than Clinton. Clinton exemplifies what is wrong with American politics. she represents the old boys club better than anyone else in the last 50 years.

I am certain that trump would love to run against her, because even if he loses, he wins. You can bet his billions that he's one of the lobbyists.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 07:22 PM   #156
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Not dreaming. Trump does not have the political organization like Cruz has. Cruz won all the delegates in Colorado because of his ground game.
Yep. Sick ground game and org there. Banding together to get people to not vote for Trump. Why don't you give a reason for people to vote for you. Wait, you aint got none. Pathetic Cruz and Kasich.

Trump Republican candidate.

Sanders almost non-existent chance. So Clinton very likely Democrat candidate.

For the general:
Too much vested interest for Clinton to lose. A lot of players are supporting her including the financial sector, the Fed, etc. All working to sell Clinton. This will give her an advantage. An Obama endorsement (after the party nomination of course) would be a huge push.

You are right, the American people are not dumb. They have been the number one world power for decades for a reason. You look back the last few administrations and what do you see. High level:

- Bill Clinton: well this dude is just awesome. 2 tours. Success in the Balkans. Clean up economic mess, returns federal budget to surplus, dot com boom, etc. Impeached because he fucked the intern.

- Bush Jr.: 2 tours. Failed war in Iraq (no WMD but bomb them just in case), unemployment, huge deficit, 2008 economic toilet woosh. Killed Bin Laden & Hussein.

- Obama: 2 tours. Jobs, economic recovery in a straight line.

The question the voters would be asking themselves is: how am I doing now and do I want changes. When you look at the economy, the stock market, things aint so bad. People put Obama on a stick but he did great.

Also, people who run for POTUS office and have a real shot at becoming one believe they can make their country greater. They didn't do it for any other reasons. This job is absolute banana. Feel free to watch the show The West Wing and various other documentary. And look at Obama hair before and after. There are many other easier way to get filthy rich than becoming the President of the United States.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #157

^^ no, some people run because they think they are entitled to it, its their god given right, or because of their own ego.

in this case, both trump and Clinton fit all 3 categories.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
Old 05-03-2016, 09:41 PM   #158
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,582 Times in 479 Posts
Does the threat of indictment still exist for Clinton? Will the FBI, headed by Bush's former Deputy Attorney General and staunch Republican, time an indictment after Clinton clinches the Democratic nomination, damaging her election chances? Under such a scenario Trump wins, unless the democrats smarten up and nominate Saunders, who wipes the floor head to head with Trump. Wishful thinking I know.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #159

Thanked 1,582 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
- Bush Jr.: 2 tours. Failed war in Iraq (no WMD but bomb them just in case), unemployment, huge deficit, 2008 economic toilet woosh. Killed Bin Laden & Hussein.
Actually
Old 05-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #160
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,270 Posts
Ted Cruz drops out!
Ted Cruz drops presidential bid - CNNPolitics.com
Old 05-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #161
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,026 Times in 5,121 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This is why I like Trump.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #163

Thanked 4,832 Times in 917 Posts
cant believe trump might win the election....

what has the USA been smokin?

why would anyone want him to run a country?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:02 PM   #164

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
cant believe trump might win the election....

what has the USA been smokin?

why would anyone want him to run a country?
Barring some unforeseen and extremely damaging turn of events, I still stand by my original prediction that Hillary is gonna win. If things stay their course, there is no way Trump can win more than 50% of the votes in general voting. The numerical difference in voter base between the Democrats and GOP are small even that we can treat it as a 50-50 wash (mainly to make the math easier). But the overwhelming majority of all Democrat supporters are not going to vote for a Republican candidate, be him Trump or not Trump. Now within the GOP voter base, there is still at least a good 40 - 50% that hate Trumps guts. They may abstain from voting, or they may hate Trump so much that they vote for Hillary this time. Effectively, there is no way Trump can win the presidency.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Barring some unforeseen and extremely damaging turn of events, I still stand by my original prediction that Hillary is gonna win. If things stay their course, there is no way Trump can win more than 50% of the votes in general voting. The numerical difference in voter base between the Democrats and GOP are small even that we can treat it as a 50-50 wash (mainly to make the math easier). But the overwhelming majority of all Democrat supporters are not going to vote for a Republican candidate, be him Trump or not Trump. Now within the GOP voter base, there is still at least a good 40 - 50% that hate Trumps guts. They may abstain from voting, or they may hate Trump so much that they vote for Hillary this time. Effectively, there is no way Trump can win the presidency.
You really believe that Trump doesn't have a hope?

I'm expecting it to be a very tight race, once the GOP finally starts to support and endorse their candidate and shift their attention to trashing Hilary the dynamic of this election will change completely.

Trump will reign some of his "charm" in, he's not a fool, he knew the hardline approach would win over the GOP delegates, now he will cool things down to win over some democrats.

You have your predictions and I have mine, will be interesting to see who was right later this year.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:07 PM   #166
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,662 Times in 3,592 Posts
Part of me hopes bernie wins because I genuinely want to see some change, no matter how minute he will be able to manage.
The other part of me is looking forward to a USD tank due to either of those scumbags that are the other options.
Westopher is correct.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:16 PM   #167
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,396 Times in 1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Part of me hopes bernie wins because I genuinely want to see some change, no matter how minute he will be able to manage.
The other part of me is looking forward to a USD tank due to either of those scumbags that are the other options.
Or WW3. You know, whatever.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #168
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Trump had a personal Vietnam in his pants:

Dusty Nuggets
Old 05-05-2016, 01:27 AM   #169

Yes, I totally believe that Trump doesn't stand a chance at winning the presidency. Mind you, I didn't expect him to win the Republican primaries either, but he did, and I was wrong there.

Personally, if (when?) the GOP follows process and endorse Trump as their candidate, I would find the move extremely ironic and comical. For a good part of the primaries, a sizable chunk of the GOP was attacking Trump. And now the same GOP is telling me that they have turned around 180° to support him? If I were an independently thinking voter / GOP supporter, I would find that hard to swallow, and the GOP would lose all kinds of credibility in my eyes. But hey, I know there will be non-thinking lemmings that just goes along with whatever party bosses toot as the party line, even if it is a 180° back-paddling compared to what was being said earlier.

Moving on to Trump himself, there is no doubt in my mind that he is a very smart man. But again, if I were a GOP supporter that didn't already support Trump, I would have a lot reservation to suddenly go support him now just because he has toned down his extremely questionable antics. Again, I totally recognize and acknowledge that there will be lemmings that just blindly accept the "new" and milder Trump.

We will see how things play out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
You really believe that Trump doesn't have a hope?

I'm expecting it to be a very tight race, once the GOP finally starts to support and endorse their candidate and shift their attention to trashing Hilary the dynamic of this election will change completely.

Trump will reign some of his "charm" in, he's not a fool, he knew the hardline approach would win over the GOP delegates, now he will cool things down to win over some democrats.

You have your predictions and I have mine, will be interesting to see who was right later this year.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #170
I am Hook'd on RS

We all said.."No chance of Bush winning a second term" we all said trump has no possibility of getting the nomination.

We all said trump will not be president..........that possibility just got to 50-50
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2016, 10:08 AM   #171

I think Trump has a good chance of winning the presidency as well.

It doesn't matter if he's a democrat or republican.
If you Google/YouTube it, you can see lot of Bernie Sanders supporters could not decide between Trump and Sanders. You may think they have nothing in common, but they do. They're both trying to get more jobs in America, just very different approach. If it was a battle between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, I bet lots of Sanders supporters would vote for Trump.

You could make an argument of how republican isn't big as democrats blah blah blah...
However, so many Canadians(and anti-Trump Americans) think anyone is better than Donald Trump.

You think Hillary will beat Trump very easily? Please explain why Hillary is so substantially better than Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Jeb Bush, etc.
I'm asking because those guys couldn't stand a chance against Trump, but why do you think Hillary does?

If you ask average Canadian who would be the better president between Marco Rubio and Donald Trump for example, I bet vast majority would say Marco Rubio just because he's not Trump.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallydrv View Post
We all said.."No chance of Bush winning a second term" we all said trump has no possibility of getting the nomination.

We all said trump will not be president..........that possibility just got to 50-50
You know, I never understood why people questioned how Bush won his second term. With 9/11 happened early in his first term, his immediate and subsequent responses were all very well handled. Of course, it later turned out that the WMD reports were false, but those points didn't really gain widespread acceptance until well into his 2nd term. You can question his intelligence or policies all day long, but he was a strong, confident leader (esp throughout his first term), and that was exactly what Americans were looking for at the time of the 2nd election.

Compared to the laughing stock that we have here at home as PM, the vast majority of recent US Presidents are vastly superior.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:52 PM   #173

Exclusive: Trump surges in support, almost even with Clinton in national U.S. poll | Reuters

Exclusive: Trump surges in support, almost even with Clinton in national U.S. poll
NEW YORK | BY CHRIS KAHN
Politics | Wed May 11, 2016 4:26pm EDT

Donald Trump's support has surged and he is now running nearly even with Democrat Hillary Clinton among likely U.S. voters, a dramatic turnaround since he became the Republican party's presumptive presidential nominee, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday.

The results could signal a close fight between the two likely White House rivals as Americans make up their minds ahead of the Nov. 8 election to succeed Democratic President Barack Obama. As recently as last week, Clinton led Trump by around 13 points in the poll.

In the most recent survey, 41 percent of likely voters supported Clinton, the Democratic front-runner, and 40 percent backed Trump, with 19 percent not decided on either yet, according to the online poll of 1,289 people conducted from Friday to Tuesday. The poll had a credibility interval of about 3 percentage points.

The results reflect a big increase in support for Trump since he knocked out U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Ohio Governor John Kasich last week to become the last Republican in the White House race.

There was no immediate comment from the Clinton or Trump campaigns.

Clinton, who has all but clinched the Democratic nomination over rival Bernie Sanders, has mostly led Trump in the head-to-head poll this year. Trump briefly matched her support a few times in 2016, most recently in mid-March, after U.S. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, a favorite of the Republican establishment, dropped out.

Presidential elections are not decided by the national popular vote but by the Electoral College, which is based on state-by-state results.

Opinions are likely to change over the next six months as American voters become inundated with hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign advertising, highly publicized debates and a pair of party conventions.

Trump and Clinton both have much to prove to the American electorate. The Reuters/Ipsos poll found earlier this month that a majority of voters did not trust either candidate with key presidential responsibilities such as managing the U.S. economy, handling the role of U.S. commander in chief, and conducting themselves according to a “high moral standard.”

The candidates' choice of running mates could also be important. Voters surveyed in the poll said they would be more likely to support Clinton if her choice for vice president was a liberal, while Trump would help his chances if he picked someone experienced in politics and someone who is “consistently” conservative.

Trump’s rise in the polls coincides with his attempt to take over the reins of the Republican Party from leaders who clashed with him during a bruising and blustery primary fight.

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, the country's top elected Republican, said he would not immediately endorse Trump, and party elders including former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush and the last two presidential nominees, Mitt Romney and John McCain, said they would not attend the Republican convention in Cleveland in July.

(Reporting by Chris Kahn; Editing by Richard Valdmanis and Peter Cooney)
Old 05-12-2016, 01:58 AM   #174
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Yep. Sick ground game and org there. Banding together to get people to not vote for Trump. Why don't you give a reason for people to vote for you. Wait, you aint got none. Pathetic Cruz and Kasich.

Trump Republican candidate.

Sanders almost non-existent chance. So Clinton very likely Democrat candidate.

For the general:
Too much vested interest for Clinton to lose. A lot of players are supporting her including the financial sector, the Fed, etc. All working to sell Clinton. This will give her an advantage. An Obama endorsement (after the party nomination of course) would be a huge push.

You are right, the American people are not dumb. They have been the number one world power for decades for a reason. You look back the last few administrations and what do you see. High level:

- Bill Clinton: well this dude is just awesome. 2 tours. Success in the Balkans. Clean up economic mess, returns federal budget to surplus, dot com boom, etc. Impeached because he fucked the intern.

- Obama: 2 tours. Jobs, economic recovery in a straight line.

The question the voters would be asking themselves is: how am I doing now and do I want changes. When you look at the economy, the stock market, things aint so bad. People put Obama on a stick but he did great.

Also, people who run for POTUS office and have a real shot at becoming one believe they can make their country greater. They didn't do it for any other reasons. This job is absolute banana. Feel free to watch the show The West Wing and various other documentary. And look at Obama hair before and after. There are many other easier way to get filthy rich than becoming the President of the United States.
You always fail me Ive noticed... no wonder... look at the theater thats been programmed in your head... I will eventually link your post in my signature as the delusional democratic system believer.

in response to the following British article criticizing Iran.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-12-2016 at 02:53 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-12-2016, 03:36 AM   #175

Thanked 1,936 Times in 764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
You always fail me Ive noticed... no wonder... look at the theater thats been programmed in your head... I will eventually link your post in my signature as the delusional democratic system believer.

in response to the following British article criticizing Iran.
Who is Pete Williamson? Or is this just a screen shot from someone's rant on facebook?

You try to pass this off as proof of something, it is merely opinion