REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:11 PM   #201
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Some kid tried to kill Trump over the weekend. Not the most thought out of plans, grabbing an officers gun.

Michael Sandford arrested, tried to grab officer's gun at Donald Trump event - World - CBC News
Well the guy was British, makes sense he wasn't aware of how easily he could've gotten a gun through regular methods.
Advertisement
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #202
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
If anyone is interested, this is quite an in-depth read:

Special: United States of Trump - How Donald Trump Took Over the Republican Party - NBC News
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2016, 06:06 PM   #203
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,248 Times in 1,271 Posts
Oh shit, Clinton is winning

Donald Trump slumps in polls after Orlando - Politics - CBC News

Old 06-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #204
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,034 Times in 5,124 Posts
Trump had a shot at beating Hilary but not after his comments after the Orlando shooting
Old 06-22-2016, 08:45 AM   #205
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Trump had a shot at beating Hilary but not after his comments after the Orlando shooting
Sarcasm?

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
What amazes me the most is that in such an over the top politically correct time where a guy is forced to sell his NBA franchise over comments he made while being recorded unknowingly in his own house, Trump says whatever crazy shit he wants and is currently in the running to be President of the United States.
That's why people are voting for him, they grow tired of the bullshit the left spews. What you're seeing now is the pendulum swinging back.

The stuff he says also isn't racist, it's that people are too sensitive and hate facts.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
Old 06-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #207
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
The stuff he says also isn't racist, it's that people are too sensitive and hate facts.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #208
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,162 Times in 1,970 Posts
Quote:
That's why people are voting for him, they grow tired of the bullshit the left spews. What you're seeing now is the pendulum swinging back.

Uh oh. You're one of them now, aren't you?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #209

Quote:
Sarcasm?
Not even sure how to respond. You think the Orlando comments earned him more support?
Old 06-22-2016, 11:51 AM   #210
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:

So a person can't do his job because he is Mexican does not sound racist to you?

Trump right now has 1.3 mill in his campaign account Hillary has 43 mill. Big republican donors don't want to give him money. Why should they? he is worth 10 Billion.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/18/politi...y-fundraising/

Quote:
"Right now we're facing an emergency goal of $100,000 to help get our ads on the air. We need your contribution by 11:59 P.M. Tonight," the email from Team Trump said.

Dude claims to be worth 10 billion but is begging for 100k. That's chump change for a Billionaire.

Dusty Nuggets

Last edited by Manic!; 06-22-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #211
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,760 Times in 774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So a person can't do his job because he is Mexican does not sound racist to you?
Apparently it's OK when a billionaire reality show host with 40%+ national support says it.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #212
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,045 Times in 3,231 Posts
Quote:
to be fair, his spin team came out to 'clarify' that the judges decision making and public comments, over the judges career, have been in support of mexico, illegal immigration, and sympathy for illegal aliens, and that Trump was venting when he made his unclear comments
Old 06-23-2016, 01:32 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Uh oh. You're one of them now, aren't you?

Nay, brother. I'm not republican, however, what most people here forget is that the left is insane.. as in insanely PC, to the point where facts are skewed, free speech is suppressed and everything is upside down.

For example, Trump says to build a wall to keep illegal murdering Mexicans out... that's not racist, hes wrong on them all being murderers .. but that's NOT what racism is. Mexico isn't a race and they have a wall them selves. I know you know so I apologize if this sounds like a lecture, it's not, it's just how I speak..

When he talks about keeping Muslims out for now, I agree with him. I get called a racist self hater... I don't hate my self nor is Islam a race.

The biggest issues facing this nation, murder, rape, gang activity, crime, poverty, drugs, etc majority concentrated in heavily democratic/liberal left wing cities where liberal left wing politicians are in charge.
The reason you cannot solve black crime ( which by the way is THE biggest contributor to all the "institutional racism" you hear about on TV) is because you're not allowed to address the fact that the problem exists.
Blacks murder each other at horrendous rates (And they are many, many, many times more likely to attack people of other races too ), Canada is simply not even close to being on that level, it doesn't have that problem.
Me mentioning this means I'm a racist by the way, so there's that...

Lastly, I believe the people of Mexico are friendly and hard working, and I have no quarrel with them working with me, going to school with me or being a part of this society.. they just have to do it like everyone else, like I did.. legally. They need to pay taxes like the rest of us.. there is no way around this.
The left however thinks that just pouring in illegal Immigrants is fine.. because hey, there are no repercussions to unregulated influx of poor people who depend on the government for help..

Will he be a good president? Highly doubt it, it's laughable.
Is he better than "everything is for freeeee" feel-the-bern Sanders? Absolutely.
And Hillary? Literally a criminal. So yeah, I'll take him since I couldn't get Ron Paul.
But what I like about him the most is that he tells me how he feels and doesn't hide it.

So no, I'm not one of "them" but I have to tell it like I see it.

Quote:

Trump right now has 1.3 mill in his campaign account Hillary has 43 mill. Big republican donors don't want to give him money. Why should they? he is worth 10 Billion.
Correct. Saying "fuck mexico" does not make me or anyone who utters such words a racist. This is evident by the fact that Mexico is not a race. I believe that this is backed up by science and facts. People tend to ignore these when it suits their opinion but the truth cares little for anyone's feelings.

You are also right that Trump isn't spending much on his campaign. Republican donors do not want him because they dont like the fact that they're losing their grip on the party, they really enjoy being career politicians and they're scared that their main audience (republicans) are choosing an outsider who isn't really a traditional republican to being with.
Both of the parties here are terrible and trump is a wild card.

Mexico has a wall to keep out Guatemalans, are they too not racist by that logic? It just doesn't make sense.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 06-23-2016 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:50 AM   #214

Quote:
Not even sure how to respond. You think the Orlando comments earned him more support?
Yes, they did. It matters very little how you or I feel about it. I think as a Muslim my self I should feel "offended" but I'm not fragile, nor am I coddled. I understand what he means. I do not want unregulated Muslim immigration into the US or Europe.
Why do I hate my self so much? Not sure, maybe it's because I have the ability to look at what's in front of me and decide whether something is true or not, despite the fact that the results may not be in my favor.
When I look at Sweden being the rape capital of Europe due to the mass influx of Muslim immigrants I don't shut off my computer in an effort to avoid this fact, I accept it.
This comment also means I'm an Islamophobic.. I guess I hate my self and my religion? Who knew?

In essence.. yes, the comments earned him more support because the people who want such things addressed are TIRED of having these facts DISMISSED.

I hope that made sense.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 06-23-2016, 02:12 AM   #215
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,045 Times in 3,231 Posts
Quote:
Why do I hate my self so much? Not sure, maybe it's because I have the ability to look at what's in front of me and decide whether something is true or not, despite the fact that the results may not be in my favor.
When I look at Sweden being the rape capital of Europe due to the mass influx of Muslim immigrants I don't shut off my computer in an effort to avoid this fact, I accept it.
This comment also means I'm an Islamophobic.. I guess I hate my self and my religion? Who knew?
Sweden?s rape crisis isn?t what it seems - The Globe and Mail
tldr = new laws instituted from the early-mid 2000s onwards considers actions that would be classified as sexual harassment here in Canada, or nothing at all in other parts of Europe, as rape in Sweden. So a sharp rise in rape cases occurred/are occurring
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-23-2016, 04:19 AM   #216

Quote:
Yes, they did. It matters very little how you or I feel about it. I think as a Muslim my self I should feel "offended" but I'm not fragile, nor am I coddled. I understand what he means. I do not want unregulated Muslim immigration into the US or Europe.

In essence.. yes, the comments earned him more support because the people who want such things addressed are TIRED of having these facts DISMISSED.

I hope that made sense.
You really have no idea what you're talking about. I put the only relevant comment you made in bold, and will only respond to that. Keep your own politics to yourself, they have nothing to do with this.

Trump's poll numbers are dropping steadily since his Orlando comments.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:37 AM   #217

Quote:
You really have no idea what you're talking about. I put the only relevant comment you made in bold, and will only respond to that. Keep your own politics to yourself, they have nothing to do with this.

Trump's poll numbers are dropping steadily since his Orlando comments.

You have no idea what you're taking about... Said the guy from Canada, to the guy living in Chicago...

If you think "my politics" have nothing to do with this, I can't tell you anything that will change your mind. Because this is literally why Trump is where he is right now.

You sound like the guys who said Trump has no chance to run, it's a joke, etc. Then he kept winning..and is here now. Keep being delusional.

One thing is for sure, you get all your information from reddit, I guarantee it.
So progressive! You're a real rebel, fighting the man, yeah!

Remember, everyone who doesn't agree with the narrative is an idiot and a racist. You know, despite a lot of Hispanics voting for trump. Thanks for the gold, kind stranger.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 06-23-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:59 AM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Sweden?s rape crisis isn?t what it seems - The Globe and Mail
tldr = new laws instituted from the early-mid 2000s onwards considers actions that would be classified as sexual harassment here in Canada, or nothing at all in other parts of Europe, as rape in Sweden. So a sharp rise in rape cases occurred/are occurring
I read your article.

I hope you'll at least watch this entertaining video explaining why it's all wrong ( The media has to hide it, obviously)

If I remember correctly, you're Muslim too, so I understand your eagerness to just believe that article, but I do suggest you give ear to the other side of the argument as well.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 06-23-2016, 09:02 AM   #219

Quote:
You have no idea what you're taking about... Said the guy from Canada, to the guy living in Chicago...

If you think "my politics" have nothing to do with this, I can't tell you anything that will change your mind.

blah blah blah blah blah
Just look at the fucking polls man. I didn't read the rest of your post.

Your politics do have nothing to do with this. You'd vote for Trump, good for you. I don't care. My only point is that support for him is sliding.

Which might not matter if Hilary ends up in prison anyway
Old 06-23-2016, 09:02 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
http://imgur.com/oaBN3D6

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 06-23-2016, 09:13 AM   #221

Quote:
Just look at the fucking polls man. I didn't read the rest of your post.

Your politics do have nothing to do with this. You'd vote for Trump, good for you. I don't care. My only point is that support for him is sliding.

Which might not matter if Hilary ends up in prison anyway
Hillary wont end up in prison.. what's wrong with you?
She has a high chance of winning, but so does Trump..

All I'm doing is pointing out how triggered leftist pussies are calling Trump the next Hitler and a racist and why they're wrong.
He's right about calling out illegal immigration. Because it's ILLEGAL.
He has every right to say "We should not let in Muslims from certain countries" That is NOT racism, it is a political view. It might hurt the feelings of the coddled masses but he has a right to say that and it does not make him racist.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 06-23-2016, 09:23 AM   #222

Quote:
Hillary wont end up in prison.. what's wrong with you?
She has a high chance of winning, but so does Trump..

All I'm doing is pointing out how triggered leftist pussies are calling Trump the next Hitler and a racist and why they're wrong.
He's right about calling out illegal immigration. Because it's ILLEGAL.
He has every right to say "We should not let in Muslims from certain countries" That is NOT racism, it is a political view. It might hurt the feelings of the coddled masses but he has a right to say that and it does not make him racist.
What the fucking fuck does ANY of that have to do with my statement of his polls sliding after the Orlando comments?

Are you braindead?
Old 06-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #223
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,801 Times in 572 Posts
Quote:
Nay, brother. I'm not republican, however, what most people here forget is that the left is insane.. as in insanely PC, to the point where facts are skewed, free speech is suppressed and everything is upside down.

For example, Trump says to build a wall to keep illegal murdering Mexicans out... that's not racist, hes wrong on them all being murderers .. but that's NOT what racism is. Mexico isn't a race and they have a wall them selves. I know you know so I apologize if this sounds like a lecture, it's not, it's just how I speak..

When he talks about keeping Muslims out for now, I agree with him. I get called a racist self hater... I don't hate my self nor is Islam a race.

The biggest issues facing this nation, murder, rape, gang activity, crime, poverty, drugs, etc majority concentrated in heavily democratic/liberal left wing cities where liberal left wing politicians are in charge.
The reason you cannot solve black crime ( which by the way is THE biggest contributor to all the "institutional racism" you hear about on TV) is because you're not allowed to address the fact that the problem exists.
Blacks murder each other at horrendous rates (And they are many, many, many times more likely to attack people of other races too ), Canada is simply not even close to being on that level, it doesn't have that problem.
Me mentioning this means I'm a racist by the way, so there's that...

Lastly, I believe the people of Mexico are friendly and hard working, and I have no quarrel with them working with me, going to school with me or being a part of this society.. they just have to do it like everyone else, like I did.. legally. They need to pay taxes like the rest of us.. there is no way around this.
The left however thinks that just pouring in illegal Immigrants is fine.. because hey, there are no repercussions to unregulated influx of poor people who depend on the government for help..

Will he be a good president? Highly doubt it, it's laughable.
Is he better than "everything is for freeeee" feel-the-bern Sanders? Absolutely.
And Hillary? Literally a criminal. So yeah, I'll take him since I couldn't get Ron Paul.
But what I like about him the most is that he tells me how he feels and doesn't hide it.

So no, I'm not one of "them" but I have to tell it like I see it.

Correct. Saying "fuck mexico" does not make me or anyone who utters such words a racist. This is evident by the fact that Mexico is not a race. I believe that this is backed up by science and facts. People tend to ignore these when it suits their opinion but the truth cares little for anyone's feelings.

You are also right that Trump isn't spending much on his campaign. Republican donors do not want him because they dont like the fact that they're losing their grip on the party, they really enjoy being career politicians and they're scared that their main audience (republicans) are choosing an outsider who isn't really a traditional republican to being with.
Both of the parties here are terrible and trump is a wild card.

Mexico has a wall to keep out Guatemalans, are they too not racist by that logic? It just doesn't make sense.
jim crow laws ended only in 1965, during that period black people were forced to live in the shittiest places with subpar education and gov't support.

canada has the same problem, the gov't treated the natives the exact same way and look at the native community now: endemic drug abuse and crime.

any group you marginalize will obviously have shittier socioeconomic circumstances and thus be more predisposed to crime, it has really nothing to do with race.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
jim crow laws ended only in 1965, during that period black people were forced to live in the shittiest places with subpar education and gov't support.

canada has the same problem, the gov't treated the natives the exact same way and look at the native community now: endemic drug abuse and crime.

any group you marginalize will obviously have shittier socioeconomic circumstances and thus be more predisposed to crime, it has really nothing to do with race.
Black people in the US had a family structure and were not as highly prone to criminal behavior during those times actually. It got worse AFTER forced integration and after Lyndon B Johnson implemented rules to ensure the black family falls apart.

The US govt. did a lot to make sure that black society falls apart and becomes dependent on them..which is the case now.

I'm not saying it's BECAUSE of their race, but the reality is that because of the actions of the government and individuals and companies, this is now the case.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #225

Quote:
What the fucking fuck does ANY of that have to do with my statement of his polls sliding after the Orlando comments?

Are you braindead?
I'm addressing the entire thread / Trump hating, not just you.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4