REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,272 Posts
What's the probability of Donald Trump becoming the U.S. President?

All I can do is search on Google and many sources say different things.

But is it pretty accurate to say 50/50?
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

pretty high
Old 02-08-2016, 11:11 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,291 Times in 1,199 Posts
Doubt it's 50% (he may not even win the Republican nomination, let alone the Presidency), but it's higher than I'd hope (0%)

Oddschecker.com has a table of various betting sites that have his odds from 5/1 to 8/1. So well under 50%.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:11 PM   #4
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
I'm hoping that the people of America realize how fucking stupid pretty much all the Republican candidates are but...well, that's wishful thinking considering how stupid most of America is.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2016, 11:41 PM   #5
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 4,722 Times in 1,586 Posts
13.7%
Old 02-09-2016, 12:13 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,762 Times in 776 Posts
0%

Trump has a 30-ish % approval rating from within the GOP. But practically 90%+ of the Democrats are dead set against him. So even assuming the GOP enjoys 50% support from the American public, that still means less than 1/4 of the Americans will support Trump (as president).
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2016, 12:49 AM   #7

From what I understand though, he's getting pretty high support from Southern California, Arizona, Florida, Texas and around those area...which is huge.

Also he wants to get along with Russia so hopefully they can drop some bomb that cost them $1 million a piece so that they don't have to pay multi billion $ on weapons. Looks like he's actually getting enormous amount of support and Americans are treating him like a celebrity with solid fan base.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:52 AM   #8
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,049 Times in 3,233 Posts
I hope Bernie Sanders gets the nom for the democrats, but we've seen this before, even recently, where someone will have the youth vote, but it all falls apart (Ron Paul)

with the republicans, it's just entertainment, i don't think the republican nominee will win whomever it may be.

A lot of corporate america is behind Trump though, so it'll be interesting to see if he gets the nomination. My cousins involved in politics in the states, fundraising for democrats, and is a Hilary supporter, but he says all he hears is praise for Trump
Old 02-09-2016, 01:09 AM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Zero because pretty much none of Jebs, Rubio's, Kasich's, Christie's, or Fiorina's, supporters will support him. Jeb, Rubio,and Kasich are all polling at around 10 to 15%. When a few of them drop out their supporters will get behind some who is not Trump.

In the General Trump or Cruze do not stand a chance.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 02-09-2016, 02:04 AM   #10
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,168 Times in 1,971 Posts
The GOP doesn't really want Trump. At least, not the hardliners. Trump has been good at riling up the fringe groups, but most of the main groups are doing their best to discredit him.

That said, the Iowa Primaries were closer between Trump and Cruz than many people had expected. Closer than I had hoped, even.

All that said, I have no doubt that even if Trump got the Presidential nomination he would lose it.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #11
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,444 Times in 1,780 Posts
still if he won it would be to watch

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,801 Times in 572 Posts
pretty high,

he's much better than rubio, clinton and sanders thats for sure.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #13
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
pretty high,

he's much better than rubio, clinton and sanders thats for sure.
I don't think he means approval rating...I think we're talking about actual chance to be president.

And realistically Hilary or Bernie is going to be the next president. The Republicans are a dumpster fire right now. Mitt Romney was, at most, just a bit of a dick but he wasn't a moron that turns off the moderates. The leaders in the polls for the Republicans are all talking about building walls and deporting Muslims.

Trump and Cruz (and Carson...) are comic book characters. The fact that America takes these guys seriously just tells me how stupid middle America is.

And Rubio hasn't done a damn thing ever in his time in office...and he wears heels. Chris Christie...could you imagine that guy as the president? What a slob. That might be okay with New Jersey but have a little dignity, America.

And none of those other guys have a chance. I laughed so hard when I was Jeb's campaign posters.

JEB!

With a fucking exclamation mark like he's a Slapchop or some shit.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #14
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,444 Times in 1,780 Posts
would it be interesting to see how a businessman would run a country though? or would it be a giant clusterfuck?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't think he means approval rating...I think we're talking about actual chance to be president.

And realistically Hilary or Bernie is going to be the next president. The Republicans are a dumpster fire right now. Mitt Romney was, at most, just a bit of a dick but he wasn't a moron that turns off the moderates. The leaders in the polls for the Republicans are all talking about building walls and deporting Muslims.

Trump and Cruz (and Carson...) are comic book characters. The fact that America takes these guys seriously just tells me how stupid middle America is.

And Rubio hasn't done a damn thing ever in his time in office...and he wears heels. Chris Christie...could you imagine that guy as the president? What a slob. That might be okay with New Jersey but have a little dignity, America.

And none of those other guys have a chance. I laughed so hard when I was Jeb's campaign posters.

JEB!

trump never actually said deport muslims, he said temporarily restrict immigrations. this has some precedent in america, starting with jimmy carter's presidency

bernie's proposals are entirely unrealistic, and hillary is just a corporate shill
Old 02-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
would it be interesting to see how a businessman would run a country though? or would it be a giant clusterfuck?
Geroge W Bush was a businessman with MBA from Harvard.
Though Bush's business was nowhere near Trump in terms of scale.

It might be a good idea if you want an efficient government?

Old 02-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #17

Quote:
trump never actually said deport muslims, he said temporarily restrict immigrations. this has some precedent in america, starting with jimmy carter's presidency

bernie's proposals are entirely unrealistic, and hillary is just a corporate shill
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...im-immigration

Quote:
Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.
That means all Muslims including Muslim Americans would not be able to enter America.

A American Muslim decides to go to Whistler for the weekend would not be allowed back into America. A soldier who is Muslim America serving in the military over seas would also not be able to return.

Trump is nothing more than an aggressive annoying salesman that will say anything to get elected.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 02-09-2016, 11:04 AM   #18
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

pretty sure the media makes his chances seem much higher than it actually is.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...im-immigration

That means all Muslims including Muslim Americans would not be able to enter America.

A American Muslim decides to go to Whistler for the weekend would not be allowed back into America. A soldier who is Muslim America serving in the military over seas would also not be able to return.

Trump is nothing more than an aggressive annoying salesman that will say anything to get elected.
Damn, I don't know what's more poorly developed, your reading comprehension, fact checking or debating skills

Trump on Muslims: Donald Trump?s new anti-Muslim outrage is a fresh test for his rivals | The Economist

Quote:
In interviews and at a raucous, angry and at times ugly rally in South Carolina on Monday night, Mr Trump offered a few more details about his proposal, telling Fox News that it “does not apply” to Muslims living in America, “except we have to be vigilant.
do you ever actually fact check or read articles? or do you just scan the headlines and regurgitate what you already agree with lol
Old 02-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #20
...in the world.

WTB: third term of Obama while they sort this shit out.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 PM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,762 Times in 776 Posts
Quote:
WTB: third term of Obama while they sort this shit out.
Only problem is (aside from "a few" legal issues), I don't think Obama wants to keep running this clusterfucked show anymore. He was 47 when he first took office, and he only looked like he was in his early 40's at the time. He is 54 now, and I dare say he is already looking a bit older than 54. If he stays for another term, he is gonna look 75 by the time he is done with it.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #22

Thanked 1,965 Times in 711 Posts
1 in 6 chance according to most betting sites.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 02-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #23
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,094 Times in 3,339 Posts
Quote:

JEB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 02-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Damn, I don't know what's more poorly developed, your reading comprehension, fact checking or debating skills

Trump on Muslims: Donald Trump?s new anti-Muslim outrage is a fresh test for his rivals | The Economist

do you ever actually fact check or read articles? or do you just scan the headlines and regurgitate what you already agree with lol

Why the hell would I need to fact check Trumps own website?

It's hard to keep track of Trumps policies. At one point he was a wife cheating pro abortion liberal now he's a man of the cloth family man.

Dusty Nuggets
Old 02-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #25
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,824 Times in 1,182 Posts
not low enough
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."