REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Pharmacist messing with my medical info - what do? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/707553-pharmacist-messing-my-medical-info-what-do.html)

sauceking88 02-10-2016 12:48 AM

Pharmacist messing with my medical info - what do?

Hoping some local legal/pharmacy heads can chime in here. I'm going to put the story in point form as I know people hate big walls of texts:

- around a year ago, got "Jane's" (a pharmacy technician working at the Shoppers close to me) contact details, thought she was cute
- messaged her back and forth a few times, super sweet girl, almost too "sweet" for me, had a bf, decided to not pursue any further or hang out
- get an anonymous message from a girl today on FB (fake account) asking me if I ever went on that date with Jane, this fake account "girl" said Jane is unprofessional for adding me (a client) on FB and that Jane and her friend (also a pharmacist tech) has leaked my information to her. This fake account girl is suggesting I bring this information up about Jane with the Shopper's Pharmacy Manager.
- this "leaked information" is apparently I have been taking certain prescription medicine for STDs, yes I have taken such medications but not for STDs
- I'm creeped out, message Jane back and forth and she is almost 10000% certain it's her ex bf who made the fake account and is a certified pharmacist. This guy has been recently tormenting her in other aspects as well. He checked her phone back in the day and got super jealous she was messaging me about getting drinks.

I know the name of this guy. I'm guessing this is grounds for getting his pharmacy license suspended. What would you do in my shoes?

Also, Jane let me know that they have access to a database that can look up anyone's entire prescription and medical history. I'm guessing they can see he logged into my file at some point.

pinn3r 02-10-2016 01:01 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have any input since I'm not qualified to give you any advice, but:

The_AK 02-10-2016 01:08 AM

If I was in your shoes... probably post pics of "Jane" for the rest of us to see

i-vtecyo 02-10-2016 01:21 AM

Accessing any medical files without intended work-related duties is a serious policy violation and breach of confidentially. This is actually considered a criminal offense if I can recall correctly. There should be access history with time and date it was accessed and along with employee ID.

StylinRed 02-10-2016 05:25 AM

Call the police

seriously

asian_XL 02-10-2016 05:31 AM

If I was in your shoes, create another fake FB account, tell all his friends and his boss he is dating a transsexual with STD, then find out where he lives and order him some hasting prostitutes.PogChamp

PJ 02-10-2016 06:07 AM

If the whole thing with you and Jane was a flop, just block the account, go to a different pharmacy, move on.

quasi 02-10-2016 06:30 AM

^

Agreed, easiest thing to do would be ignore and block him. If you don't feed the trolls they get hungry and go somewhere else.

IMASA 02-10-2016 06:48 AM

I work in healthcare and all systems that we manage that contain patient information are required to have system auditing. If you are concerned that someone has had unauthorized access to your patient records then contact the pharmacy and speak directly to the owner/manager.

Also FYI:
Complaints Process | College of Pharmacists of British Columbia

Ferra 02-10-2016 07:00 AM

all that troubles and you didn't even tap jane. :failed:

murd0c 02-10-2016 07:14 AM

Time to fuck Jane and send pictures to the bf with the fake account.

MG1 02-10-2016 07:16 AM

If I were you, I'd report it. If it is true, then I hope the bastard gets nailed to the wall. Make an example out of him so others will think twice about fucking people around. god, I hate people with no ethics. Life's hard enough without having to deal with douchebags like him. If he's done it to you, it's most likely he's done it, or going to do it, to others.

Do the right thing and report it.

GLOW 02-10-2016 07:22 AM

http://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

GabAlmighty 02-10-2016 08:06 AM

Agreed with the whole, just pack and leave to another pharmacy. Honestly that's the easier route. But the just to prove a point, and the fact that what he is doing is extremely unethical and illegal... I would contact the branch manager/police/whatever board they're all a part of.

dat_steve 02-10-2016 08:20 AM

fake fb accounts? STD rumour mill? what is this - 10th grade? guy/girl sounds like a str8 fuckb0i to me.

someone breached confidentiality and someone should be held accountable to their professional association.

The_AK 02-10-2016 08:30 AM

This is the kinda post i'd expect to see on bodybuilding.com

corollagtSr5 02-10-2016 08:51 AM

They cant prove it was him doing it unless you lure him out. Tell the fb person youd like to meet him in person, or antagonize him so he does, "dont you want to meet the person who gave you STDs? Lol Then snap a picture of him and report him. :troll:

ZN6 02-10-2016 09:03 AM

Before you do anything, you should think about the collateral damage. Lots of info leaked, you go after the guy, he might grenade Jane's career, and her friend's and his own.

If anything, fake account can be traced especially on facebook when personal information is at stake AND it's pretty hard to remove account information. With this guy's desperate attempt to hurt you, I doubt he thought it through to cover his tracks and there's always a report option. If not, post on 4chan as 4chan detectives are fucking insanely resourceful.

Remember the guy who stood on BK lettuce and posted on 4chan? 4chan found his geotags from his photo, and pinpointed the BK worker and got him and his managers fired.

I wouldn't spare Jane from the fire though, if anything she maybe should have kept her personal life and who she adds to facebook to herself without bringing too much attention to it.

High school drama shit.

RRxtar 02-10-2016 09:45 AM

mr_chin 02-10-2016 10:17 AM

If you can't find out for sure if he breached confidentiality, then I suggest just move to another pharmacy. Keep Jane and all personnel/people related to that pharmacy away from your life since you aren't going to pursue anything.

If you do decide to take action, then simply speak with the manager of that pharmacy that someone inside has breached your info.

CorneringArtist 02-10-2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZN6 (Post 8725633)

If anything, fake account can be traced especially on facebook when personal information is at stake AND it's pretty hard to remove account information. With this guy's desperate attempt to hurt you, I doubt he thought it through to cover his tracks and there's always a report option. If not, post on 4chan as 4chan detectives are fucking insanely resourceful.

Remember the guy who stood on BK lettuce and posted on 4chan? 4chan found his geotags from his photo, and pinpointed the BK worker and got him and his managers fired.

they'd dox the motherfucker and get his ass fired before OP has to report anything. I'm sure a trip to /b/ may yield something amongst the memes and shitposting.

chouchou 02-10-2016 01:02 PM

Similar to IMASA, I work in healthcare and confidentiality breaches are big big no-nos. Every click we do on a patient database is monitored and can be traced back to accounts.

The database Pharmacists have access to is called PharmaNet and, yes, it has information on every prescription you have ever filled simply by entering a PHN. This same database can find PHNs based on first and last name, and DOB. You could really nail this guy as all PharmaNet searches are associated with a license number. Even if he used a colleague's (i.e. other pharmacist) login, by way of elimination it won't be difficult to find out who accessed your information.. Source: I was a pharmacy technician before.

Anyway... not going to chime in on whether or not to oust the guy - but as healthcare workers we are trusted with this type of information and misuse is a huge ethical problem that the College will lay the hammer down on. Stories like this are seriously news-worthy and often involved in questions for professional school interviews and shit haha. I wouldn't worry about the careers of "Jane" and her friend. Screenshot all those messages from fake FB too!

rageguy 02-10-2016 01:06 PM

Please report this issue to the Manager of that pharmacy. That pharmacist can be a repeat offender, and use other patients' medical info for personal gains.

Bonka 02-10-2016 01:35 PM

High school shit but with responses to leave it alone is insane. Report this idiot it's privileged information and movement traceable for a reason. If there's collateral damage then so be it.

This kind of garbage should be left at the door.

mr00jimbo 02-10-2016 01:38 PM

Somebody's got your information. I would complain to the College of Pharmacists and they will investigate. If it's anything like CPIC (police database) you can run info on a need to know basis only.
Do you get drugs from that pharmacy? If not, then why would somebody access it? Have you gotten refills lately for anything? Again if not, then why would somebody need to access it?

They will investigate and request that they get back to you. Whoever is illegally accessing your info is the one to get their balls (or vag?) nailed to the wall. This is a HUGE privacy breach.

MSP sent me a letter that was a very sincere apology for accidentally sending my RX records to a former employer. They do not take this stuff lightly and neither should you.