REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

Had prior violations, got a speeding ticket

A couple years ago, my driver's license was suspended due to having too many infractions. My suspension was for 6 months and I haven't had any violations since. Got a speeding ticket a week ago, Section 146(1), it's 3 points, I was wrong definitely. Would my license be suspended or worse taken away for a very long time? Should I dispute it and hope the officer doesn't show up in court (not sure if it's an actual thing)?
Advertisement
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etodac View Post
A couple years ago, my driver's license was suspended due to having too many infractions. My suspension was for 6 months and I haven't had any violations since. Got a speeding ticket a week ago, Section 146(1), it's 3 points, I was wrong definitely. Would my license be suspended or worse taken away for a very long time? Should I dispute it and hope the officer doesn't show up in court (not sure if it's an actual thing)?
you are the problem. Grow up and deal with your mistakes instead of clogging our justice system with bullshit
Old 02-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Do you have your N ?

if so, the chances of being suspended for speeding are quite high imo. If you have your class 5, i think youll be fine..maybe put on probation ? but doubt it

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:00 AM   #4
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
You will know pretty soon. If MVB are going to suspend you again then you will get a letter telling you that. No letter. no suspension. In
the meantime, adjust your driving choices to move yourself out of the "slow learner" catagory.

Last edited by zulutango; 02-11-2016 at 01:18 PM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: