REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #26
Need my Daily Fix of RS

OK, 15+ years with a chartered bank.. front line, through management, now in operations. Tegra7, every persuasion robs banks - don't sweat it.

I was surprised to learn the 2nd robbery I was in, the dude was middle aged and white. Everyone expects it to be a down and out junkie, but that's not always the case.. sometimes it is a depressed person who just wants attention.

Yep, I've heard the stat in the industry; robbery per day and I believe it. Whoever said a teller would get fired for raising a scene has no idea what they're talking about. Everyone reacts to a situation where someone potentially has a gun or a bomb or a knife differently. Human capital and trust is a Bank's most valuable asset therefore the employee would only get fired the 2nd time they did it.

Any way, kidding aside just really glad to hear no one was hurt.
Advertisement
EuterVanWasser is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2016, 08:14 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuterVanWasser View Post
OK, 15+ years with a chartered bank.. front line, through management, now in operations. Tegra7, every persuasion robs banks - don't sweat it.

I was surprised to learn the 2nd robbery I was in, the dude was middle aged and white. Everyone expects it to be a down and out junkie, but that's not always the case.. sometimes it is a depressed person who just wants attention.

Yep, I've heard the stat in the industry; robbery per day and I believe it. Whoever said a teller would get fired for raising a scene has no idea what they're talking about. Everyone reacts to a situation where someone potentially has a gun or a bomb or a knife differently. Human capital and trust is a Bank's most valuable asset therefore the employee would only get fired the 2nd time they did it.

I've been told first hand from friends who work at banks that tellers will get fired for causing a scene for no reason. Think about it, they could be endangering everyone's life inside that bank for causing a scene rather then quietly handing over 5 grand or whatever the robber requested. I'm using 5 grand because that's usually the limit tellers can withdraw without going to a manger? I dunno exactly, never withdrew that much cash before.

They are trained to hand over the money first and report it after the robber has left the bank...From what I've been told.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuterVanWasser View Post

how much money do banks even hold in this day and age?

I'd imagine not enough to risk being put away for a long time (though in canada, is this not just a slap on the wrist and promise not to do it again?). whenever i've needed to take out large sums of money (>10K), i'd need to give the banks 48 hours warning, which suggests they don't hold hundreds of thousands of dollars (and nor should they)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:51 PM   #29
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Lol isn't there a police station across the street?

The last time I was at that bank there was a ambulance and a cop car right outside dealing with some crackhead
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:08 AM   #30
I am on the internets

my friend works close by. you will have to turn your head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (159.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (120.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (98.2 KB, 0 views)
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:22 AM   #31
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
surrey had a lot of shit going on yesterday...

in addition to above, some employee tried to be a hero and got stabbed by a suspected shoplifter at guilford.

Surrey :|

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:11 AM   #32
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Is Surrey our Florida?
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
surrey had a lot of shit going on yesterday...

in addition to above, some employee tried to be a hero and got stabbed by a suspected shoplifter at guilford.

Surrey :|
= Surrey

I think Stig is right about Surrey being our Florida.

https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan

Quote:
18-Year-Old Florida Man Arrested for Posing as Doctor, Opening Fake Doctor’s Office
Quote:
Florida Man Slips While Riding Hoverboard, Accidentally Shoots Cousin
Quote:
Florida Man Ordered to Stay Away From Animals After Throwing Live Alligator Through Wendy’s Drive-Thru Window
and my favorite,
Quote:
Florida Man Main Suspect After Spate of Goat Rapes

Upon further review, Florida is far more messed up than we are.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-17-2016, 08:52 AM   #33
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Our banks don't carry very much cash on hand (rightfully so) I'm sure that's why we never hear of big bank "heists" around here unlike in the States. Also, the tellers are trained to behave and react in a certain way (basically do what the robber says to reduce chance of altercations) but i've never heard of someone being fired for "causing a scene" although i'm not sure exactly what kind of scene your talking about? Teller just randomly starts screaming or something?

Couple years ago one of the tellers at the bank where my mom worked was robbed, he passed her a note asking for a very specific amount of money, something like $758.50 or something like that. He was found by police about 2 hours later across the street at Metrotown, shopping. I don't know what the rest of his sentence entailed but he was made to write an apology letter to the tellers for doing what he did. It was all quite ammusing after the fact, knowing that nobody was hurt.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #34
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Don't know why the RCMP ERT chose to wear Multicam. I know it looks bad ass, but come on.
ray666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:11 AM   #35
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray666 View Post
Don't know why the RCMP ERT chose to wear Multicam. I know it looks bad ass, but come on.
Probably an easy way to differentiate between your guys and their guys.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:41 AM   #36
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
maybe it's a bit of psychological warfare. when suspects see you geared up like you're ready for some CoD shit maybe the bad guys will second guess themselves, get scared, or give up peacefully b/c they see shit got real.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Robbing a bank teller is stupid. They have at most a couple hundred dollars on them. The rest of the money is in the back and they need a second person to get it for them and that takes some time.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray666 View Post
A lot of North American law enforcement special teams have switched to Multicam, including the FBI HRT and the DEA. The official line is it helps camoflauge them in transitional areas, like urban parks and yards, bushes etc. Grey uniforms aren't very effective even against urban buildings anyways.

The alterior motive I heard in the industry for LE teams moving to Multicam is its military appearance and intimidation factor.

I remember as of 3-4 years ago, the VPD ERT still wore either black or grey. I haven't seen what they wear since then.

Last edited by jlo mein; 02-17-2016 at 12:48 PM.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #39
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
A lot of North American law enforcement special teams have switched to Multicam, including the FBI HRT and the DEA. The official line is it helps camoflauge them in transitional areas, like urban parks and yards, bushes etc. Grey uniforms aren't very effective even against urban buildings anyways.

The alterior motive I heard in the industry for LE teams moving to Multicam is its military appearance and intimidation factor.

I remember as of 3-4 years ago, the VPD ERT still wore either black or grey. I haven't seen what they wear since then.
Had a training ex that VPD ERT took part in playing OpFor and they were wearing a mixture of Coyote and Multicam.
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #40
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Is Surrey our Florida?

What a terrible place to try something like that, unless he was just looking for attention. That bank is close to 2 different police stations

Last edited by slicrick; 02-17-2016 at 05:56 PM.
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote