REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 02-20-2016, 03:42 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

BCIT OR DOUGLAS ?

If i go to bcit's bms program and second year i go to there finance diploma can itransfer to sfu or ubc?

I got douglas's offer but i still have to take their math and eng test before the sc start im wondering is the test hard and if i want transfer to ubc or ubc is it hard to transfer wat gpa should i get?

Im still considering abou which sc should i go can anyone give me some suggestion? Thanks
Advertisement
buzzwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
It's hard and almost impossible to transfer from BCIT to SFU or UBC.

If that is you end game from going to either of the two then go to Douglas. If the entry exams are hard then suck it up and study for it, because the courses you take aren't going to be that much easier.

Once you are in the BCIT education ecosystem, you more or less have to stick with them through your diploma and degree programs, its really difficult to transfer to UBC or SFU because the credits do not transfer easily, they only have a select number of schools that accept full transfer credits from BCIT and none of them are local. You would have to do a bridging program somewhere, and that's not even local.

BCIT is hard, it's probably the most difficult schooling i've done in my life, but it paid off really well for me. Great results. I am not sure about douglas.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Honestly, if you are going to BCIT, why are you looking to transfer? A lot of graduates from ubc/sfu end up at bcit because they dont have the specified learning that BCIT offers(though many people view BCIT as second class as its not a uni). If transfering is what you're targeting for and the reasoning is because you cant get the high enough marks, Langara would be a good option.

Btw: as nabs said, BCIT is hard. I would even say it requires more dedication and effort than either of the unis

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts
Go to college/university first, then go to BCIT. Douglas has good instructors, many of them who teach part time at BCIT and/or SFU/UBC.

As the others have said, once you get in to BCIT, it will be near impossible to transfer to other schools. If you're worried about writing a math and English test for Douglas, BCIT will kick your fucking ass. BCIT is going to be a world of hurt.

Like nabs, I went to BCIT after and it was hard as hell. But no regrets. Made college/university a walk in the park.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 02-20-2016 at 03:29 PM.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
BCIT's courses aren't necessarily hard, you have like easy to medium level courses but you have 8 to 10 of them at once so you have a lot of work to do. I've had 6 people drop out of my class after first semester.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #6
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
BCIT's courses aren't necessarily hard, you have like easy to medium level courses but you have 8 to 10 of them at once so you have a lot of work to do. I've had 6 people drop out of my class after first semester.
depends which program your in lool
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
My program is probably the easier ones. Finance

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:06 PM   #8
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:47 AM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I completed a diploma first at BCIT and transferred to SFU afterwards to complete my degree. Best to just call SFU/UBC Admissions Office first and ask if the particular program can be used to transfer into their faculties. I transferred into the Computer Science program though, so I'm not sure if the same would work for Finance.
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote