REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-21-2016, 10:47 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Anyone recently been to Edmond Starter & Alternator ?

My Infiniti G35 alternator or regulator is about to go and I'm looking for an alternator shop.

I heard in the past Edmond has been great, but what about more recently ? Any experience in the last little while ?
Advertisement
BDVancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
Got my starter rebuilt there last year. They got it done in a day. Pretty good service
Old 02-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
I STILL don't get it

got my alternator done last winter, works great. they uprated the alternator no charge because they had the pieces there and there aren't a lot of people using the part.

friend bought a reman'd alternator from them, had some rattles when installed, brought it back and turns out it was a loose bolt inside the alternator. the fixed it asap on the spot without making you wait and was sorry about the incident.

so looks like good worksmanship, and when there's a mistake, they own up to it very well.
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I bought an alternator from them and it died a bit over a year later (and I didn't even drive the car every day).

My next one I got from Colins (on Victoria Dr.), who was cheaper installed than what I paid at Edmonds just for the part, and worked for over 2 years, before I sold the car.
legatus is offline   Reply With Quote