REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Chinese NYPD officer accidentally shoots a man, people say he's a scapegoat

NYPD Officer, Peter Liang accidentally shot Akai Gurley.
Firearm went off by accident and shot Akai Gurley in the chest.

The probability of firearm going off by accident, then bullet bouncing off and having someone walking at that specific time and place was "1 in a million."

To make a long story short, the court found him guilty.

NYPD officer Peter Liang convicted of manslaughter in Akai Gurley shooting | US news | The Guardian
NYPD Officer Peter Liang found guilty of manslaughter in stairwell shooting that killed Akai Gurley | abc7ny.com
NYPD officer testifies at manslaughter trial of his former partner, Peter Liang | abc7ny.com

Recently, people are saying he's a scapegoat
"He's a Scapegoat": Thousands March in Support of Convicted NYPD Officer - NBC News
Biased DA, city scapegoat the Asian-American community | New York Post
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
lol america. you just can't win can you. youre damned if you do, and youre damned if you dont.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:33 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
this kinda blew up on my newsfeed tonight as I have a number of asian amerifriends.

IMO do the crime, do the time

it's like complaining why other speeding vehicles weren't pulled over as you're getting a ticket.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:59 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
the Asian Americans are upset and theyre protesting because they think that white cops are treated better than any other races
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:16 AM   #5
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
read about this story, when the trial began... the officer was patrolling an apartment building, walking up a flight of stairs, hears a sound that scared him, and fired blindly, and it ricochets downstairs, and kills a guy... and he expects to get off
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:23 AM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I think the people in charge of impact should share this guys sentence.

Quote:
A first-generation Chinese American, Liang grew up in Chinatown and speaks Cantonese. Liang, who is married, joined the police academy after a stint as a TSA agent, and one of the assignments he requested upon graduation was the transit arm of the NYPD.

Instead he was assigned as an impact officer in East New York, one of the highest crime neighborhoods in the city. The NYPD’s controversial Project Impact assigns rookie officers to foot patrol in higher crime precincts.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:56 AM   #7
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,397 Posts
If Liang was white, he wouldn't be in this situation.

With that said, he did kill an innocent man and should sentenced accordingly.

Simple as that.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 03:02 AM   #8
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Police finally want to crack down on shootings.. oh shit he was asian, we should have just waited until the next one...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:01 AM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

The cop should have think twice before being Asian
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-23-2016, 05:04 AM   #10
Drk
I don't get it

Drk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-23-2016, 07:09 AM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
easy 10+ years sentence

guy deserves it

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:41 AM   #12
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

this is 100% racism.

Quote:
of the 179 people killed by New York City police officers in the previous fifteen years, only one led to conviction.
rookie + asian cop = scapegoat. scapegoat to white vs black racism tension. If Liang was white, he wouldn't be in this situation.

so as we can see, the modern society is still very racist to asians. very cruel if u are a non-wealthy asian living under white man's world. In every job, or organization in the west, if u are asian especially chinese descents you are very likely to be the bottom of the food chain. the whites wont take u in as one them. the blacks will stomp on you (if they have the opportunity). not to mention, Filipinos or others try to beat u.

my recommendations to all u CBC's or first/second generation chinese, that are struggling or not comfortable in white man's game to come home. come and find yourself in your homeland. this is where you belong. the west is not welcome to us, dont beat yourself up. come to China and start a career there instead.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 08:11 AM   #13
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^^
You are freaking retarded. Did you think that maybe perhaps that out of that 179 killed by New York police officers that the other 178 were killed "justifiedidly?" Ie. In self protection, or the protection of others? And that that one cop outlier had the intention of killing someone/ was not "justified" in shooting someone in the eyes of the law and should be charged?

Yes this case is 100% racism. The fact that this cop had his finger on the trigger when he wasn't ready to shoot (being negligent in the operation of a firearm), got scared, pulled the trigger and killed someone had nothing to do with it. All because he was Asian. Get the fuck out of here.
ray666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:34 AM   #14
I subscribe to Revscene

Anglo superiority brainwashing used to be "in your face" in the past but today Hollywood does it subtly and subliminally. This culture is also implemented in higher class occupations and state worker gangs.
This combined with re-engineering peoples common sense... is why people would disagree of the scapegoat angle.

With the emergence of cell phone cameras there are hundreds of police executions on YouTube at peoples finger tips... but this Asian police officers bullet bounces off a wall and kills a poor black man and now the Masonic Unites States wants to put this cop away?...

Canada, the Commonwealth nations, Europe and specially the US will always divide minorities (and their descendants) into second or third class citizens.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 02-23-2016 at 09:39 AM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
this is 100% racism.

rookie + asian cop = scapegoat. scapegoat to white vs black racism tension. If Liang was white, he wouldn't be in this situation.

so as we can see, the modern society is still very racist to asians. very cruel if u are a non-wealthy asian living under white man's world. In every job, or organization in the west, if u are asian especially chinese descents you are very likely to be the bottom of the food chain. the whites wont take u in as one them. the blacks will stomp on you (if they have the opportunity). not to mention, Filipinos or others try to beat u.

my recommendations to all u CBC's or first/second generation chinese, that are struggling or not comfortable in white man's game to come home. come and find yourself in your homeland. this is where you belong. the west is not welcome to us, dont beat yourself up. come to China and start a career there instead.
People are not discriminating against you because you are Chinese, Chinese people are being discriminate against because of fucktards like you. Go get the fuck out of here back to your homeland or planet or wherever the fuck you fucktards are from. Give us back our homeland
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #16

https://www.facebook.com/fusionmedia...8409436185031/
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 10:33 AM   #17

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
this is 100% racism.

my recommendations to all u CBC's or first/second generation chinese, that are struggling or not comfortable in white man's game to come to Richmond. Come and find yourself in your homeland. this is where you belong. the west is not welcome to us, dont beat yourself up. come to China and start a career there instead.
Fixed. Just for fun.

Gululu, as a white male can I come hang out where you hang out? With your friends? Where I've lived all my life? And not feel like I'm an outsider? The answer is no. So shut the fuck up. Wealthy chinese immigrants seem to have it made in the shade here and any negativity would come from the fact that they don't want the "white man" in their world, here, in Canada. If anything, it's the working class that tends to be more interested in being part of Canadian life and not looking at the "white man" as a problem or a threat. I'm lumped in with all the other redneck racist white people yet I dig on the culture. The food, language, hobbies, etc. So get off your victim horse and go buy a pair of $1,000 Gucci shoes to make you feel better you rich arrogant fuck. Racism works both ways.

As I read this I'm thinking that I've crossed the line and I'm about to be lynched but really I'm just trying to understand and assimilate and adapt to our ever changing country and the diversity within it.

It's hard to ignore the race card in this court case and conviction. It's also hard to say if he was white that he'd get the same treatment. The fingers point to racism based on the order of events. It would seem that the cards were stacked against Officer Liang based on where he was stationed. It sucks and it's harsh but the man did the crime and he shall do the time. I agree that everyone should be held to the same standard and it's unfortunate that the world doesn't work that way.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #18
HELP ME PLS!!!

Gululu is just trolling and you guys are feeding.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 10:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Gululu is just trolling and you guys are feeding.
I feel the same but I'm really hoping to get some sort of response. A stretch, I know. But still hoping.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 10:48 AM   #20

He's not a troll, he's just stupid and small minded
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #21
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
this is 100% racism.

I can understand why this post is failed so heavily, mainly because a lot of people read this and think that the world is now much more politically correct than it actually is. This idea is very idealistic, and as much as I wish it were true, unfortunately it is still not reflective of the world in which we live.

Watch this video. It will hopefully get your blood boiling, and wondering... are any of THESE cops convicted of anything?
Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #22

^^great video. When you compare UK policing to the US in this light it's crazy to think that that is the way it is. Fucking scary as hell. A nation living in fear.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #23
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
I guess the the NYPD's blue wall does not apply to Asian cops.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #24
Need to Seek Professional Help

So basically I get the feeling some peoples stance is that if White COPS can get away with breaking the law than Asian COPS should as well???

When the guy laid dying the first phone call the COP made was to his union rep. Fuck that COP I'm glad we're finally sentencing these guys when they break the law.

Also I believe race doesn't have anything to do with it.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #25
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,873 Posts
It's sad no matter how you look at it. Reminds me of the movie Crash ... quite insightful. None of us is 100% free from racism and none of us is 100% bad/racist.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote