REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Chinese NYPD officer accidentally shoots a man, people say he's a scapegoat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/707752-chinese-nypd-officer-accidentally-shoots-man-people-say-hes-scapegoat.html)

Timpo 02-22-2016 08:46 PM

Chinese NYPD officer accidentally shoots a man, people say he's a scapegoat

NYPD Officer, Peter Liang accidentally shot Akai Gurley.
Firearm went off by accident and shot Akai Gurley in the chest.

The probability of firearm going off by accident, then bullet bouncing off and having someone walking at that specific time and place was "1 in a million."

To make a long story short, the court found him guilty.

NYPD officer Peter Liang convicted of manslaughter in Akai Gurley shooting | US news | The Guardian
NYPD Officer Peter Liang found guilty of manslaughter in stairwell shooting that killed Akai Gurley | abc7ny.com
NYPD officer testifies at manslaughter trial of his former partner, Peter Liang | abc7ny.com

Recently, people are saying he's a scapegoat
"He's a Scapegoat": Thousands March in Support of Convicted NYPD Officer - NBC News
Biased DA, city scapegoat the Asian-American community | New York Post

320icar 02-22-2016 09:27 PM

lol america. you just can't win can you. youre damned if you do, and youre damned if you dont.

twitchyzero 02-22-2016 10:33 PM

this kinda blew up on my newsfeed tonight as I have a number of asian amerifriends.

IMO do the crime, do the time

it's like complaining why other speeding vehicles weren't pulled over as you're getting a ticket.

ilovebacon 02-22-2016 10:59 PM

the Asian Americans are upset and theyre protesting because they think that white cops are treated better than any other races

StylinRed 02-23-2016 01:16 AM

read about this story, when the trial began... the officer was patrolling an apartment building, walking up a flight of stairs, hears a sound that scared him, and fired blindly, and it ricochets downstairs, and kills a guy... and he expects to get off :lol

Anjew 02-23-2016 02:23 AM

I think the people in charge of impact should share this guys sentence.

Quote:

A first-generation Chinese American, Liang grew up in Chinatown and speaks Cantonese. Liang, who is married, joined the police academy after a stint as a TSA agent, and one of the assignments he requested upon graduation was the transit arm of the NYPD.

Instead he was assigned as an impact officer in East New York, one of the highest crime neighborhoods in the city. The NYPD’s controversial Project Impact assigns rookie officers to foot patrol in higher crime precincts.

Razor Ramon HG 02-23-2016 02:56 AM

If Liang was white, he wouldn't be in this situation.

With that said, he did kill an innocent man and should sentenced accordingly.

Simple as that.

SkinnyPupp 02-23-2016 03:02 AM

Police finally want to crack down on shootings.. oh shit he was asian, we should have just waited until the next one... 4Head

Gnomes 02-23-2016 05:01 AM

The cop should have think twice before being Asian

Drk 02-23-2016 05:04 AM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/99/99ecc...a962dd3a63.jpg

Verdasco 02-23-2016 07:09 AM

easy 10+ years sentence

guy deserves it

Gululu 02-23-2016 07:41 AM

this is 100% racism.

Quote:

of the 179 people killed by New York City police officers in the previous fifteen years, only one led to conviction.
rookie + asian cop = scapegoat. scapegoat to white vs black racism tension. If Liang was white, he wouldn't be in this situation.

so as we can see, the modern society is still very racist to asians. very cruel if u are a non-wealthy asian living under white man's world. In every job, or organization in the west, if u are asian especially chinese descents you are very likely to be the bottom of the food chain. the whites wont take u in as one them. the blacks will stomp on you (if they have the opportunity). not to mention, Filipinos or others try to beat u.

my recommendations to all u CBC's or first/second generation chinese, that are struggling or not comfortable in white man's game to come home. come and find yourself in your homeland. this is where you belong. the west is not welcome to us, dont beat yourself up. come to China and start a career there instead.

ray666 02-23-2016 08:11 AM

^^^
You are freaking retarded. Did you think that maybe perhaps that out of that 179 killed by New York police officers that the other 178 were killed "justifiedidly?" Ie. In self protection, or the protection of others? And that that one cop outlier had the intention of killing someone/ was not "justified" in shooting someone in the eyes of the law and should be charged?

Yes this case is 100% racism. The fact that this cop had his finger on the trigger when he wasn't ready to shoot (being negligent in the operation of a firearm), got scared, pulled the trigger and killed someone had nothing to do with it. All because he was Asian. Get the fuck out of here.

CharlesInCharge 02-23-2016 09:34 AM

Anglo superiority brainwashing used to be "in your face" in the past but today Hollywood does it subtly and subliminally. This culture is also implemented in higher class occupations and state worker gangs.
This combined with re-engineering peoples common sense... is why people would disagree of the scapegoat angle.

With the emergence of cell phone cameras there are hundreds of police executions on YouTube at peoples finger tips... but this Asian police officers bullet bounces off a wall and kills a poor black man and now the Masonic Unites States wants to put this cop away?...

Canada, the Commonwealth nations, Europe and specially the US will always divide minorities (and their descendants) into second or third class citizens.

Galactic_Phantom 02-23-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gululu (Post 8730142)
this is 100% racism.

rookie + asian cop = scapegoat. scapegoat to white vs black racism tension. If Liang was white, he wouldn't be in this situation.

so as we can see, the modern society is still very racist to asians. very cruel if u are a non-wealthy asian living under white man's world. In every job, or organization in the west, if u are asian especially chinese descents you are very likely to be the bottom of the food chain. the whites wont take u in as one them. the blacks will stomp on you (if they have the opportunity). not to mention, Filipinos or others try to beat u.

my recommendations to all u CBC's or first/second generation chinese, that are struggling or not comfortable in white man's game to come home. come and find yourself in your homeland. this is where you belong. the west is not welcome to us, dont beat yourself up. come to China and start a career there instead.

People are not discriminating against you because you are Chinese, Chinese people are being discriminate against because of fucktards like you. Go get the fuck out of here back to your homeland or planet or wherever the fuck you fucktards are from. Give us back our homeland

ilovebacon 02-23-2016 10:13 AM

https://www.facebook.com/fusionmedia...8409436185031/

white rocket 02-23-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

this is 100% racism.

my recommendations to all u CBC's or first/second generation chinese, that are struggling or not comfortable in white man's game to come to Richmond. Come and find yourself in your homeland. this is where you belong. the west is not welcome to us, dont beat yourself up. come to China and start a career there instead.

Fixed. Just for fun.

Gululu, as a white male can I come hang out where you hang out? With your friends? Where I've lived all my life? And not feel like I'm an outsider? The answer is no. So shut the fuck up. Wealthy chinese immigrants seem to have it made in the shade here and any negativity would come from the fact that they don't want the "white man" in their world, here, in Canada. If anything, it's the working class that tends to be more interested in being part of Canadian life and not looking at the "white man" as a problem or a threat. I'm lumped in with all the other redneck racist white people yet I dig on the culture. The food, language, hobbies, etc. So get off your victim horse and go buy a pair of $1,000 Gucci shoes to make you feel better you rich arrogant fuck. Racism works both ways.

As I read this I'm thinking that I've crossed the line and I'm about to be lynched but really I'm just trying to understand and assimilate and adapt to our ever changing country and the diversity within it.

It's hard to ignore the race card in this court case and conviction. It's also hard to say if he was white that he'd get the same treatment. The fingers point to racism based on the order of events. It would seem that the cards were stacked against Officer Liang based on where he was stationed. It sucks and it's harsh but the man did the crime and he shall do the time. I agree that everyone should be held to the same standard and it's unfortunate that the world doesn't work that way.

willystyle 02-23-2016 10:34 AM

Gululu is just trolling and you guys are feeding.

white rocket 02-23-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 8730245)
Gululu is just trolling and you guys are feeding.

I feel the same but I'm really hoping to get some sort of response. A stretch, I know. But still hoping.

ilovebacon 02-23-2016 10:48 AM

He's not a troll, he's just stupid and small minded

SiRV 02-23-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

this is 100% racism.

I can understand why this post is failed so heavily, mainly because a lot of people read this and think that the world is now much more politically correct than it actually is. This idea is very idealistic, and as much as I wish it were true, unfortunately it is still not reflective of the world in which we live.

Watch this video. It will hopefully get your blood boiling, and wondering... are any of THESE cops convicted of anything?

white rocket 02-23-2016 11:15 AM

^^great video. When you compare UK policing to the US in this light it's crazy to think that that is the way it is. Fucking scary as hell. A nation living in fear.

Manic! 02-23-2016 01:53 PM

I guess the the NYPD's blue wall does not apply to Asian cops.

Eastwood 02-23-2016 06:05 PM

So basically I get the feeling some peoples stance is that if White COPS can get away with breaking the law than Asian COPS should as well???

When the guy laid dying the first phone call the COP made was to his union rep. Fuck that COP I'm glad we're finally sentencing these guys when they break the law.

Also I believe race doesn't have anything to do with it.

whitev70r 02-23-2016 06:30 PM

It's sad no matter how you look at it. Reminds me of the movie Crash ... quite insightful. None of us is 100% free from racism and none of us is 100% bad/racist.