REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 02-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thinking about going to church but not religous

I need your opinion RS. The bible thump has been strong this year, I've been approached by missionaries 3 times in the last 6 months to try out a church. They seem pretty convincing, as in, volunteering or service to community, good attitude, being social, and similar values. But I can't get over the devote to god thing.

Would be wrong of me to go to church but not believe in god or JC?
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Nothing wrong with walking into a service, just to see what's up.

But why does serving your community or meeting good people have to involve church?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

It seems to be that churches organize community services or events, like United Way. I find that when I meet like minded people, they tend to be Christian as well.

That's the thing though, I've been to a few services and it wasn't my thing.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:19 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Have you asked them if you can volunteer even though you're atheist?

I mean it's not like anyone ever asks you to show them a religion card lol.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Regardless of your religious choices, a church can teach many great values and compassion (going to depend highly on the church and religion practiced there). From my experience, even if you choose not to follow that religion many of the lessons and views can and should be applied to aspects of your life.
There is no harm in going in to check things out and see whats up for yourself. You will find most people there are very welcoming.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 10:15 PM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
I've gone to church in the past, though I'm very atheist. It was late high school and a few friends of mine went. I joined it on evenings that had a youth group thing because games and stuff were played. After a while they knew I was not a believer and the church began getting pushy. Even calling me out personally during a sermon.

Yeah after that I was done. I figured a place would be welcoming of any good soul, but from my (more than one) experience they had no interest unless you were willing to get on your knees.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:22 PM   #7
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Depends on the church and the ppl. Some are cool if you just want to attend and make friends and hope for some day you will believe. Some try really hard to convert you. Been to churches a few times myself. It wasn't too bad but the stuff they talk about really put me to sleep. Doesn't help the fact the ones I went to start at like 9am or 10am so I have to get up early on my days off. Guess I am just too lazy.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:50 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Some churches are definitely more welcoming than others, so you may need to "shop" around a little bit. As other have suggested, what about just volunteering with the church itself? A lot of them offer homeless outreach programs and other volunteer initiatives.

www.instagram.com/yourdigitalrealtor
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #9
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Regardless of your religious choices, a church can teach many great values and compassion (going to depend highly on the church and religion practiced there). From my experience, even if you choose not to follow that religion many of the lessons and views can and should be applied to aspects of your life.
There is no harm in going in to check things out and see whats up for yourself. You will find most people there are very welcoming.
This right here.

The experience will vary WIDELY from one church to the next. Growing up, my grandmother went to a... well, I'm not even sure what denomination they were, it was the Central Assembly at Kingsway and Imperial. We went there quite often, it was always fun, the people were always friendly... I remember some interesting guest speakers, and not a lot of fire-and-brimstone.

When we moved up north, we went to a non-denominational church that I always really liked as well. Other friends attended various others in town, of assorted denominations. I visited a couple, none really clicked with me the same as CCLF. Maybe it was partly familiarity, maybe part was the fact that they weren't so strict on the "rules of religion" but were much more into the spirit of it (pardon the pun).

I've been to relatives' churches in other parts of BC and Oregon as well... most of those were Apostolic Faith, if memory serves. Very much about the rules. Really wasn't my thing. Not that I was against following the rules per se, but so many of them just didn't make sense or seemed rather arbitrary.

Anyway, point is, if you try one and don't like it, maybe try another... you may find a place where you really feel welcomed and at home. I know there were kids from school who would come to our youth group functions now and then, because it was a lot of fun and people weren't beating them over the head with a bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote