REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   LA can't miss eats? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/707777-la-cant-miss-eats.html)

StylinRed 02-24-2016 02:18 AM

LA can't miss eats?

Sooo I'm going to Los Angeles, literally just for 1 day, this friday, i'd normally grab some mcdonalds or eat at the hotel but i thought i'd try something different this time.

I know there are a million websites for answering this, but where better than here on RS? :D

any suggestions?

aznkev03 02-24-2016 02:29 AM

El Chato taco truck on Olympic & La Brea

Drk 02-24-2016 10:14 AM

Bottega Louie if you're downtown. Amazing food and atmosphere, easily my favourite restaurant in L.A.

If you like steak hit up STK. For more upscale try The Palm.

Skittlez160 02-24-2016 10:29 AM

If you're a coffee drinker, try Philz Coffee. It's a San Francisco company but I know there's a couple locations in the LA area.

rageguy 02-24-2016 11:38 AM

Excellent timing, I'll be in LA in May for just 3 days, gotta fill my stomach up smartly.

Verdasco 02-24-2016 12:50 PM

gordon ramsay did a AMA on reddit and said his favorite dish is in studio city LA]

deviled quail eggs and something else

Black Market Liquor Bar - 633 Photos - Lounges - Studio City - Studio City, CA, United States - Reviews - Menu - Yelp

jtanner_ 02-24-2016 12:55 PM

Are you there the whole day? Specifically which areas are you going to be in?

If you've only got one day I would recommend;
On the go breakfast - Egg Slut
Brunch - Gjelina
Lunch/Dinner - Bottega Louie (as stated above, their desserts are pretty legit too - grab a few for the lady friend/to go!)
Dinner - Kang Ho-dong Baekjong (Favorite KBBQ place i've been to so far)

If you're looking for something a bit cheaper, if you're in the area I would recommend 'Sapp Coffee Shop' for lunch or something, legitttt thai/asian food for really cheap. There's also things like Roscoe's chicken and waffles and Umami burger that we don't have locally that are worth giving a try!

Also, if you're a fan of Uni I really liked the uni dishes & lobster roll at EMC seafood.

Makes me miss LA :(

Liquid_o2 02-25-2016 09:29 AM

I just got back from Los Angeles yesterday. Egg Slut is good for breakfast as jtanner mentioned.
Before heading to LAX I had breakfast at Superba Food & Bread at The Point location. Their avocado toast and french toast are amazing. The added bonus is there are so many milfs at this location, I think I was the only guy there :whistle:

If you are in Long Beach you gotta have the Seafood Cobb salad at Kings Fish House.

aznkev03 02-25-2016 09:44 AM

+1 for the fairfax at eggslut. Totally forgot about that!
http://imgur.com/a/80gPE

StylinRed 02-25-2016 01:32 PM

thanks guys! well ill technically be there for a 1.5 days (flight back is saturday afternoon)

but in reality ill probably only have the evening of friday available to actually do anything

will be downtown in the day, and ive got a room (doubt i'll even use it) next to the nokia theatre & staples centre

Liquid_o2 02-25-2016 01:37 PM

If you are downtown check out Grand Central Market on 3rd Street. It's a big food hall with some good offerings (this is where Egg Slut is located).

Also, Sandwich Shop at the corner of S Grand and 6th Street. It literally is called Sandwich Shop and looks really basic, but they make awesome sandwiches. The Cuban is pretty legit. They have the movie Chef running on repeat most of the time :p

rageguy 02-25-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8731172)
will be downtown in the day, and ive got a room (doubt i'll even use it) next to the nokia theatre & staples centre

I heard downtown is sketchy at night. Also a lot of the restaurants are so far away, the public transportation system sucks so a car rental is sort of required.

Peturbo 02-25-2016 09:29 PM

If you like tacos, Guisados is a must!
+1 to Kang Ho-dong Baekjong as an awesome korean BBQ place. must try as well.

StylinRed 02-26-2016 01:04 AM

Damn I'm going to have to go down more often, all these great pics of food from places that I never gave a second look

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageguy (Post 8731264)
I heard downtown is sketchy at night. Also a lot of the restaurants are so far away, the public transportation system sucks so a car rental is sort of required.

Thanks, it didnt seem too bad before, but I was planning on ubering it everywhere :lol

thebrownboy 02-26-2016 02:20 PM

How has no one said In-N-Out? :yuno:

That's literally what I go to eat first when I go to LA

bcrdukes 02-26-2016 03:07 PM

There is no In & Out in the Downtown core.

Liquid_o2 02-26-2016 04:38 PM

But there is one right beside the airport :fullofwin:

Derek_N84 02-28-2016 09:41 AM

peanut butter chocolate potato chip pie at Pie Hole :sweetjesus:

bcrdukes 02-28-2016 10:14 AM

My favourites in the DTLA core, and in no particular order:

1. Blue Cow Kitchen & Bar
2. Baco Merat
3. Bad Mash
4. Pie Hole (for dessert only)
5. Grand Central Market

twitchyzero 02-28-2016 10:44 AM

if you're in long beach perhaps try the new halal guys?