REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   American border patrol (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708034-american-border-patrol.html)

Digitalis 03-11-2016 11:38 AM

American border patrol

Are these citizens just being dicks or should they just co-operate?

jeedee 03-11-2016 11:46 AM

I will never understand these type of people..................

That spend more time trying to "make a point"/warrant themselves unneeded attention/trouble rather than being polite, answering questions properly and be on their way in less than 2 minutes........... :fulloffuck:

geeknerd 03-11-2016 11:56 AM

I think I can empathize with these people. They live under a heavily surveillance-d state, Drones+NSA. The video shows of a guy travelling within USA (not internationally). These are the types of people that prevent the government from surveillance-ing openly vs. at lease trying to look like they aren't.

Notice how they all let him leave because it his right to refuse to answer those questions and they can't do anything about it.

m3thods 03-11-2016 12:01 PM

These people are so annoying. Really annoying.

GLOW 03-11-2016 12:13 PM

i just think of the clip below when there's guys trying to prove a point about what their rights are...

owned by the cop PJSalt

CharlesInCharge 03-11-2016 12:32 PM

We live in a police state.
When shit gets real

dat_steve 03-11-2016 12:36 PM

here, Chuck

http://files.tinypic.pl/i/00610/ysumd1klavg3.jpg

CharlesInCharge 03-11-2016 12:53 PM

I tried to use my so called Canadian freedom and rights after being arbitrarily pulled over by the cops in this police state but to only find out that the Human Right Tribunal was my only option... where as they would decide to take on cases if it was in the public's interest. Good luck with that ZioAmerican "tribunal".

You could try to sue the police, but the government lawyer I consulted with told me that they will charge me their court costs when I lose. So basically you can be hundreds of thousands in debt for just trying to up hold your so call "rights".
Let us remember the Condo guy which the courts made homeless for these kind of lawyer fees.

dat_steve 03-11-2016 01:22 PM

were you pulled over because you were driving your 3D printed house boat car though? I could see that thing really being distracting on the road.

CharlesInCharge 03-11-2016 01:30 PM

Perhaps... it still doesnt excuse the fact that you cant have your day in court in our police state.
They said I was pulled over because I didnt fit the description of the vans owner. A female.

Nlkko 03-11-2016 01:36 PM

I can be wrong but I understand if the cops have probable cause (very loose definition here) they can legally stop and search you and your property. Warrants are only needed to make arrest. Yea, know your rights.

These trolls think they made a point but the officer either don't know his own rights (murica) or just don't want to get his days ruined. If they would have met some solid cops, they would get their ass handed to them.

CharlesInCharge 03-11-2016 01:43 PM

People in the US, except the elite, are under the laws of Washington D.C., not the constitution. \You can look it up, its laws are exclusive as is the 'City of London' and the Vatican.

vitaminG 03-11-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 8736664)
I think I can empathize with these people. They live under a heavily surveillance-d state, Drones+NSA. The video shows of a guy travelling within USA (not internationally). These are the types of people that prevent the government from surveillance-ing openly vs. at lease trying to look like they aren't.

Notice how they all let him leave because it his right to refuse to answer those questions and they can't do anything about it.

imagine all the shit the us govt would do if nobody stood up to them. The FBI wants a back door to your iPhone, you want to just let them take that too?

CharlesInCharge 03-11-2016 02:28 PM

Thats actually all theater... Edward Snowden recently revealed that they can still access the Iphones.
All our computer hard drives also have government firmware to store information in a hidden part of the disk.

MarkyMark 03-11-2016 03:28 PM

These people are just assholes. Seriously, they memorize a couple of lines about their rights and suddenly think they are a lawyer and use it as a tactic to be a prick. If you whip out your phone and record every run in with a cop and spew this bullshit just to show that you can, you are a prick there's no two ways about it. You enjoy the thrill of being a cunt rather than making you and the officers life easier by just answering a question.

Nightwalker 03-11-2016 04:47 PM

So... there's random checkpoints inside the United States that just stop everyone and try to trick people into letting them run their IDs and search their cars? WTF?

meme405 03-11-2016 05:05 PM

One day these people will all need PO's/Law Enforcement/first responders help, be it a car accident, a robbery, or shooting.

On that day maybe they will grow a little respect for the work these individuals do. Or maybe they will be assholes then as well, at that point I hope whoever comes to their help just does the right thing and leaves them for dead. Fucking idiots.

inv4zn 03-11-2016 06:18 PM

lol. Assuming you're not doing anything illegal,

- Get stopped by law enforcement randomly, at checkpoints, whatever.
- Officer asks you "where you going?"

Option 1: "Home"; carry on a brief conversation, actually go home.
Option 2: "I don't have to answer that question. I know my rights..etc"; Immediately draw suspicion, get yanked out of car and searched, have your car searched, traumatize your child, end up on a list, and after an unnecessarily unpleasant time, go home.

I was going to say "seems like a no-brainer", but I forgot most of these people don't actually seem to have a brain.

ImportPsycho 03-11-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8736671)
We live in a police state.
When shit gets real
LiveLeak.com - Inland Border Patrol Checkpoint Unlawful Arrest

They could've handled it in more civilized ways...

Imagine if we had these checkpoints in Canada? on your way to work and you have to stop and answer stupid questions every single day?
I'd be very annoyed too.

I have nothing good to say about US border guards, ones at Peach Arch and other ones around here.
They act all tough and try to intimidate you. Ask stupid questions like where do you work and why are you not at work today?

They are worse than cops. I don't like CBSAs too but they are not as bad as these power tripping thugs.

ilovebacon 03-11-2016 08:29 PM

heres one way to do it.

Digitalis 03-11-2016 10:08 PM

Whats very clear to me is how the majority of people in this thread are of the "guilty until proven innocent" mindset. Not surprising I suppose.
Some old guy once told me society is exactly how it should be.
So if the gen pop chooses to not question authority so be it.
Can't wait to see the authority Trudeau will have in play be the time his term is up, make bike boy look like an amateur .:nyan::nyan::nyan:

Timpo 03-11-2016 10:46 PM

Mr.Money 03-12-2016 07:59 AM

Haha,fucking idiots....all of them.
No wonder why america has so many trump supporters.

Digitalis 03-12-2016 10:37 AM

Give the people what they want. In this case it's more alphabet agencies of enforcement.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8736905)
Haha,fucking idiots....all of them.
No wonder why america has so many trump supporters.

meme405 03-12-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalis (Post 8736843)
Whats very clear to me is how the majority of people in this thread are of the "guilty until proven innocent" mindset. Not surprising I suppose.

Huh?

No most people in here believe that if you have nothing to hide just answer the fucking questions and move on with your life.