REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

2 year old toddler found dead

Most of you guys have probably already heard about this. I can't wrap my head around the fact they let a 2 year old baby outside the house alone to play. And then as far to say "it wasn't like him to wander away from home without the family dog" really? a little baby?? Rural area or not, hungry animals, all sorts of danger for a baby. Horrible judgement. its a sad story and as also a parent here, it must be devastating and a horribly hard pill to swallow.

Chase Martens Found Dead, RCMP Says
Advertisement
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
this is what led up to him getting lost. ive watched young kids before and i sure as fuck wouldnt let them wander around outside by themselves with only occasional glances from a window and a sleeping dog to watch him

Full-scale search to find Chase - Winnipeg Free Press

Quote:
Turner said her son was last seen around 6 p.m. Tuesday in the yard of the family home where he lives with her, father Tom Martens, and his sisters, aged six and seven.

Chase had been in the yard with his dad, who had been loading his truck. Father and son went for a ride to the store and returned.

The father dressed Chase in his boots, splash pants, hat and mitts, and the boy went outside as his dad went inside. The girls were inside watching TV.

Chase’s mother last saw her son through the window as she got ready to cook supper.

The boy was heading around the side of the house, and Turner thought he was going to hop on a tractor parked outside the home, something he likes to do.

When the parents went outside to call Chase to come in for supper, there was no response.

Her active and happy son has never wandered off, Turner said.

"He’s outside all the time, and I will call him once and he’ll go, ‘What!’" Turner said, adding her son never strayed past a wood pile in their yard.

Usually, the pets follow Chase, but their cats and their dog, Bingo, were lying on the ground outside the house.

Turner said she searched the dirt road that leads to the house and scanned the surrounding fields. When she reached the main road, she called to Chase, but there was no response.

"That’s when the panic started to sink in," she said.

Turner ran back to her property where Tom was calling to Chase as he searched the bush.

She said it had been no longer than 15 minutes from the time she saw Chase through the window until they realized he wasn’t there.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Things can change in a second, last night the news said he was a mere 50 meters away from the house in a creek. RIP little one.
Retrac is offline   Reply With Quote