REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:06 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Lost Dog in Vancouver

Hi RSers,

My friend lost her dog around Kingsway and Victoria today around 3pm. Unfortunately she is not chipped and her collar was off when she ran out.

The dog is female, dark greyish curly fur with four white paws and white chest tummy and white nose. Responds to the name Coco. The breed is Bichon Shih Tzu.

Please lookout for her, I'll keep you guys posted if we find her!

Update: she was found in the Killarney animal hospital
Advertisement

Last edited by sekin67835; 03-30-2016 at 01:52 AM.
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2016, 12:16 AM   #2
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

should put spca on notice also!
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:58 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
These lost dogs seem to happen too often and as far as I can recall, they've always been small dogs. Can someone tell me is it just the nature of the smaller dogs? I used to be a dog owner (cross between Lab and German Shepherd) and I simply cannot imagine my dog ever being lost. She could be in a park miles away and I would be confident she'd know her way home.

How do these dogs even get lost? Do they run away or something? The owner isn't capable of watching over a small dog?
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
No. Dog's temper, how well it is trained and owner's recklessness.

Dogs usually follow the owner but some are naturally curious and can veer off to somewhere else. They can stop and sniff the bush for example when the owner keep walking ahead. Some dont respond to commands well. So as a owner you need to keep an eye out always. I know mine would always follow me offleash but I turn around and check all the time anyways. It is prudent to be aware of your surroundings.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #5
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
you can try these guys Petsearchers Canada | About Us
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #6
I subscribe to Revscene

those white paws are cute as fuck
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
These lost dogs seem to happen too often and as far as I can recall, they've always been small dogs. Can someone tell me is it just the nature of the smaller dogs? I used to be a dog owner (cross between Lab and German Shepherd) and I simply cannot imagine my dog ever being lost. She could be in a park miles away and I would be confident she'd know her way home.

How do these dogs even get lost? Do they run away or something? The owner isn't capable of watching over a small dog?
I've wondered the same myself. Knight is my first and only dog, I can confidently say that I'm not worried about him getting lost. He's such a baby, the fucker can't even be in the backyard by himself for very long, he's always gotta have someone there with him. Lol. And no, he doesn't suffer from seperation anxiety, he's just a bit of a dipshit.

Sorry to derail your thread OP. So glad your friend found her doge!
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Hopefully it knows it way back home
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #9
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

She has been found, thanks for the lookout guys. There was a client who was over and the client left the gate opened and poor Coco just sped off. That's all i know
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 AM   #10
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
These lost dogs seem to happen too often and as far as I can recall, they've always been small dogs. Can someone tell me is it just the nature of the smaller dogs?
We have a chihuahua, and our front yard is not fenced in - it's completely open. A few months back during the summer, she slipped out of the front door while we were coming inside without us noticing. Maybe 10 minutes later, I hear her faintly whining... and then realized it was actually coming from outside. She was sitting outside the front door whining to come back. So glad she isn't the type to wander off, because there was absolutely nothing stopping her from running off to explore the neighbourhood.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote