REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-30-2016, 10:40 PM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,148 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i have no doubt that social media was the reason for the quick recovery...and thank goodness for that
i just said that as a general precaution statement...esp given what happened to your other nissan just very recently
The S15 was savage...
Advertisement
2001 Nissan R34 Skyline GTR V spec 2

IG: Cw_unit

輝く ヘタクソの星 - 柒撚懵懵食甜筒
C-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:47 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Glad to hear it has been recovered. Fcuk thieves. I wish you all the best with ICBC. They can be a PITA to deal with. I hope they do right by you.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #28
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
oh god i forgot about the silvia... f*ck it couldn't be the same person who torched it that came back could it?

can we learn anything from all of this? my dad has a contractor that he works with that has a shortbox grumman trailer with all his tools in it that's always attached to his truck. the trailer has a dewalt mobile lock and his truck has a compustar drone alarm on it... so far so good after his original merc sprinter was stolen and cleaned out/torched.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 03-31-2016 at 08:45 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:34 AM   #29
I am Hook'd on RS

I am glad the the OP was able to recover his F350 truck and R34 GTR. I do like to emphasize to all others who are driving trucks and transporting their life's goods or valuable cars not to be complacent and lock up their things. When I say lock up, I literally mean use deterrents that help prevent theft.

There was also a recent theft and recovery of a moving truck in Surrey. The father and daughter were hauling their stuff to Vancouver island from Winnipeg to start a new life. Truck got stolen and ransacked.

When I moved from NC to Montreal back in the early 2000's, I have a moving truck that was towing my Honda Accord on a flat bed. We stayed in hotels along the way to Montreal. Every night, I would wrap thick steel chains around each rear wheel and axle of the moving truck and the flat bed carrying my car. The chains are secured by heavy duty pad locks. If my truck was a targeted hit, yes, those chains won't stand a chance against steel cutters. But, most theft incidents are not contemplated hits. The chains would slow the thieves down. They would just go somewhere else.

In the future, I recommend OP use wheel clamps or boots such as the Trimax Wheel Lock. Have a steering wheel club in the truck and the GTR.
plat27265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #30
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-unit View Post
- A set of FFD wheels were taken
- A brand new 5000Lb winch is also stolen
- Couple of antic mirrors from my wife were also taken
any more info on these? trolling craigslist has become a pastime for most of us here so maybe someone will spot something...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote