REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Star Wars: ROGUE ONE (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708388-star-wars-rogue-one.html)

thumper 04-07-2016 04:25 AM

Star Wars: ROGUE ONE

radioman 04-07-2016 05:35 AM

How many Bothans died to get us this trailer.......

winson604 04-07-2016 06:10 AM

Yen fighting surrounded by multiple storm troopers with blasters and he fights them with a stick mm k. Otherwise, I mean I'd watch it hands down no questions asked. I know they're going to milk the shit out of this but I'm down for some side stories to fill in blanks. Count me in!

jlo mein 04-07-2016 10:40 AM

Excited to watch this but slightly sad that this retcons the awesome Kyle Katarn and Dark Forces/Jedi Knight stories.

GLOW 04-07-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 8744962)
Yen fighting surrounded by multiple storm troopers with blasters and he fights them with a stick mm k. Otherwise, I mean I'd watch it hands down no questions asked. I know they're going to milk the shit out of this but I'm down for some side stories to fill in blanks. Count me in!

he's faced tough odds before :troll:
http://www.martialartsactionmovies.c...lack-Belts.jpg

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-07-2016 01:12 PM

new flash:

han solo and boba fett movies have female leads too. HAHA

Lomac 04-07-2016 02:57 PM

This actually looks better than I had expected. Will still be odd to see a Star Wars movie without the original characters, but I'm open to it.

Also, the actress who's playing Mon Mothma is eerily on point to the original actress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8745081)
new flash:

han solo and boba fett movies have female leads too. HAHA

:rolleyes:

thumper 04-07-2016 04:51 PM

from what i've read elsewhere it is the same actress, Genevieve O’Reilly, only they aged her up.

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/mon-moth...ge-of-the-sith

SkinnyPupp 04-07-2016 05:44 PM

ANOTHER MOVIE WITH A FEMALE LEAD OH NO WutFace

Seriously this looks great. New Star Wars movie every fucking year? Sign me up! FeelsGoodMan

chin3se604 04-07-2016 09:37 PM

Was that Grand Moff Tarkin or Magneto?

Kaolinite 04-07-2016 10:54 PM

#rogueoneisaprequel

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-07-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8745100)

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8745150)
ANOTHER MOVIE WITH A FEMALE LEAD OH NO WutFace

i would also cast a female lead if that will generate more revenue for the publicly traded company, whos primary legal obligation is to satisfy the stockholders.

of course that is what the computers crunching out the data and patterns being fed into it would say too.

it's the obvious strategy until that pattern is normalized, then they have to move onto the next thing.

i predict it will be asian actors. or just plain old non-white actors. probably female as well. that way it captures more female audience, and the male audience will always fantasize about women so it's okay.

it's all about the money.

why cast a male actor, when you can make more casting a female? it's only the logical thing to do.

my only complaint is it's the same fucking type of character.
some person that's "been on their own, since forever" and rebellious and all that. plus the fact that it's a female kinda makes it even more obvious that they're milking some kinda social justice equality demand.

it will be very obvious 20 years from now when critics look back and review movies of this age... actually it's very obvious already.

but you can't deny the fact that it boils down to money. it's purely a strategic move. otherwise they woulda did it 30 years ago.

don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a female lead. but it's blatantly obvious that a lot of production companies and gaming companies are trying to be "inclusive" of everyone, TRYING to appear to take a liberal stance on equality and all that stuff...

but it's obvious that that's just a facade, it just boils down to "inclusive" meaning "more people watching/buying movies/games" meaning more money.

nothing wrong with trying to make more money by expanding your audience. but it's definitely not because of equality or whatever. they definitely wouldn't do it if it mean making less money.

SkinnyPupp 04-08-2016 12:14 AM

Mainstream movies follow trends, that's nothing new. Next year it'll be R rated action movies since Deadpool was so successful.

I don't see what there is to complain about here though.

Manic! 04-08-2016 12:56 AM

Cast a female lead so you can pay her less?

Kind of weird to see a Star Wars movie that does not revolve around the Jedi.

GLOW 04-08-2016 07:50 AM

what's the chances of them letting donnie do fight choreography and really letting him showcase all his fighting styles like in flash point?

it's ok donnie's about as close as jedi as anyone can get IRL Kappa :troll:

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-08-2016 05:52 PM

Actually priests and monks are the closest things to jedis

thumper 04-22-2016 07:30 PM

thumper 07-15-2016 11:09 AM

trailer #2 was shown to audience at the star wars celebration happening now in the UK, but for now we peasants only get this:

thumper 07-16-2016 03:13 PM

http://i.imgur.com/sNbO1GA.jpg

chin3se604 08-11-2016 07:54 PM

new trailer

Traum 08-12-2016 01:11 AM

I wonder how important of a role Donnie Yen's character will turn out to be in the movie... This latest trailer seems to suggest that he is more important than I have previously thought.

StylinRed 08-12-2016 05:23 AM

new trailer is awesome, looks better than TFA honestly

dont think it needs a Vader cameo to entice ppl at all

DragonChi 08-12-2016 05:48 AM

Donnie Yen and assassin bots!

I really hope the plot is good and explains a lot of Star Wars lore/cannon.

ZN6 08-12-2016 08:19 AM

A long time ago.... In a Galaxy Far Far away. Ipman fucks up imperial forces using even more ancient Chinese Wing Chun as he screams "我要打十个"

Marshall Placid 08-24-2016 02:09 AM

Looks like a more serious tone in this movie than other Star Wars movies.

I like it, and hope it will be as exciting as it is serious.