REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

2002 Honda S2000

CAR IS SOLD!!!

Im selling my 2002 Honda S2000. This car is an absolute blast to drive, and will give you hundreds of thousands of km’s of stress-free fun.

Ive had the car for about 5 years now and I love it to death but I got laid off, had a baby, and am finishing a very expensive master’s degree (all at once, yep!) so I should sell it. I spent over $9k late last summer replacing the powertrain and building the engine (have receipts), I was planning on keeping it for a long long time but things have changed. Like the old story, my loss your gain.

Asking $13,500 Obo, I can take some parts off if you want it for a little less.

First, the good:
-Engine is built, forged heads, sleeved, valvetrain done incl. Ap2 retainers, better than OEM TCT, all new bearings, accessories and components, bla bla. This engine will make 600hp reliably if you want to boost it, and will run forever in this configuration without needing anything. Engine was broken in properly, now just needs regular oil changes as per manufacturers spec. It also has a sexy Yellow powder coated valve cover. Engine build alone was over $5k, plus install and a bunch of other new stuff. Engine is still under warranty until mid-summer!
-Replaced tranny with low mileage one from a 2003
-New OEM clutch set up
-New engine mounts, fluids, spark plugs, bunch of new lines and fittings and miscellaneous stuff. Also flow tested and cleaned the injectors.
-New Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-New battery
-The car was repainted about 2 years ago, OEM sebring. The paint is shiny and beautiful.
-New headlights and HID bulbs

The aftermarket:
-Seibon CF top secret style vented hood
-Seibon CF CR style spoiler, the top is tastefully pained to match but the bottom is still carbon
-Lip (cant remember the brand)
-Downforce CF sideskirts
-New Ap2 style aftermarket headlights, with halos
-Injen cold-air intake
-Stealth aluminum cooling plate
-Megan racing 4-2-1 header (this header actually does get a few hp)
-63mm high-flow cat
-IFFY engine torque damper
-Strut bar with X brace
-Custom sub box for a 10” sub, perfectly hidden in the trunk
-massive amp - MTX Audio TA7804 Thunder 7804 – its 800wats RMS, cost over $1000 new. Installed in the spare tire hole, might include this for the right buyer.
-pioneer head unit with the modifry dash control harness, so the OEM dash controls work perfect with it.
-eibach lowering springs – softest aftermarket springs you can buy for the best handling on actual roads (I always laugh when people think their car will handle better with stiff springs on public roads or even most racetracks) Also note the wheels/tires NEVER rub and sit really flush.
-18” wheels, staggered with specific offsets for s2000. Fit perfect, best wheels for a close-to-stock S IMHO. Tires are 215s on front, and 245s on rear.

The Bad:
-needs a new soft top. It was professionally patched and its fine, but could use a new top if you want it to look showroom-condition.
-Front bumper needs a respray, has rock chips from a few road trips last summer, and the fender has a dent, not massive but it’ll be about $300 to fix
-not really a ‘bad’ but its throwing a code because I had the air pump deactivated (the car doesn’t need it with a high flow cat). You can get an air pump delete kit (I was planning to) which will ‘trick’ the ECU into thinking the airpump is online and functional.
-tires will need replacing soon

That’s all the important stuff I can think of now. The car isn’t insured, so no test pilots unless you are really serious and have cash in hand we can workout a day pass for insurance. Mechanic inspections are fine. The car has just over 180K on body.

Im only interested in possible trades for an Rx8 with VERY low mileage or with a new engine (plus cash on your end probably), BMW 135i, Dodge Cobalt SRT, mazdaspeed3, or something similar with 4 seats, no RHD.

Call or text during the day only at 778-87two – 510three
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (126.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image5.jpg (196.6 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement

Last edited by s2kguy; 04-30-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #2
RS Lurker, I don't post!

sold!
Closed Thread