REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 06-22-2016, 01:07 AM   #126
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Next meet:

Tuesday 28, 8:00PM @ LIK Nitrogen Ice Cream located at 320 Robson.

We can either meet and ride there or meet there depending on where everyone lives.

Discounts will be the same. Parking hopefully right infront of the store but watch the signs as 2 of the meters are no parking after 8PM

Dependant on weather also
Advertisement
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 11:42 AM   #127
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

anyone checking out 1st gear bike night later?
Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #128
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Looks like a damn good day to get some ice cream Karl!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:11 PM   #129

meeting there or group ride out?

Place is busy as fuck
Old 06-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #130
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I'm down for some ice cream.
JayEch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:53 PM   #131
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Bananana and I are meeting up for ramen (not ramming) in Richmond then can meet up with people.
Just give me a text/call 778-558-7511 (please don't abuse this)

-Ed
Old 06-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #132

Meet at bbt richmond at 8pm. Ride out and be at LIK around 8:30 (for anyone who wants to meet there)
Old 06-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by !e.lo_ View Post
Bananana and I are meeting up for ramen (not ramming) in Richmond then can meet up with people.

-Ed
Can't wait to spam dick pics
Old 06-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #134

Until next week
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #135
My homepage has been set to RS

EmOne is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #136
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !e.lo_ View Post
Someone's got a case of the not-gays lol
Old 06-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #137

Quote:
Someone's got a case of the not-gays lol
Old 07-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #138
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Looks like a great turn out for these meets! I'll have to check one out one day when you guys do bbt again
Old 07-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #139

The average squamish run has more people than anything that's organized here... always fresh faces and new rider grouping for people unfamiliar with the route. More fun than sitting around or getting stuck in stop and go traffic. Both are pretty social, but I've been getting a bit of an elitist vibe from RS(again?)
Old 07-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #140
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geist View Post
The average squamish run has more people than anything that's organized here... always fresh faces and new rider grouping for people unfamiliar with the route. More fun than sitting around or getting stuck in stop and go traffic. Both are pretty social, but I've been getting a bit of an elitist vibe from RS(again?)
Yup I've been out on a few Monday night Gelato rides. A bit too big sometimes and seems like there's always people crashing. Nice crowd tho for the most part.

Elitist vibe from rs motorcycle people? That's not good...
Old 07-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #141

Quote:
but I've been getting a bit of an elitist vibe from RS(again?)
I don't even know what that's suppose to mean
Old 07-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #142

Guess that would have been confusing from a poor choice of words... But my opinion is based on the fact that I haven't really seen, or heard from anyone in this particular group in months tbh. The event in itself is either too infrequent, or only broadcasted to a select few after the point. Most of the people from the moto section here have been chill enough, but still pretty mum on any other prospective gatherings, etc.
The again* comment was more from my experience in the Import/Car section, as some of you may have heard me refer to it as the spoiled brat club.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:25 AM   #143

Quote:
Guess that would have been confusing from a poor choice of words... But my opinion is based on the fact that I haven't really seen, or heard from anyone in this particular group in months tbh. The event in itself is either too infrequent, or only broadcasted to a select few after the point. Most of the people from the moto section here have been chill enough, but still pretty mum on any other prospective gatherings, etc.
The again* comment was more from my experience in the Import/Car section, as some of you may have heard me refer to it as the spoiled brat club.
I honestly didn't want to write a reply to this, but it's bothering me so much so I might as well just get it out there.

The reason the meets are infrequent is the weather. I can't control this. If it sucks, the meets don't happen. If it's nice, why not. Ivanna and I take the time to set up something for the community. It does not benefit us at all but it's nice to meet new people that share common interests.

If you want to meet bike people, talk about bikes and how fast you can ride up Squamish, don't bother coming here. Personally, I could care less about anything to do with motorcycles. I'd rather debate about our housing market, business, and people driving over the curb at the exit to superstore.

It honestly feels like there is no appreciation at all from you. If you don't want to come because it's boring, then don't come. The meets will go on. Life will go on. There is no need to tell people that haven't been to the meet that it's boring or there is an elitist vibe. It's actually the totally opposite. I don't even know what an elitist vibe is to be very honest.

Since I started the meets, this feels like a personally attack on me. I own and operate 3 businesses. My life is work. I live and breathe work. So when I take some time out of my busy schedule to do something for the community, it's not good enough ?? Trust me, I have better things to do with my time (making money)

Instead of bitching about how shitty my meet is, how about you plan these weekly meets at your shop, where you offer free / discounted things to people you don't know?

Ok I'm done, good night
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2016, 12:30 AM   #144
2 Wheelin' Mod

In months?? Kr4l posted on june 22nd for a meet on the 28th. We also have a whatsapp group if u want to be added pm me ur number

Edit:
Never refreshed the page missed kr4l's post everyone I have talked to has appreciated you hosting these meets
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:42 AM   #145

Lol yeah. I work Tuesday's and don't have time to ride up squam and baker and shit. But I do have time to ride up the road (and drive even) to hang with friends.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
In months?? Kr4l posted on june 22nd for a meet on the 28th. We also have a whatsapp group if u want to be added pm me ur number

Edit:
Never refreshed the page missed kr4l's post everyone I have talked to has appreciated you hosting these meets
The appreciation comment is only from this post. The guys thank me all the time for hosting (which you guys don't need to). Just showing up, hanging out in your bike or car is enough appreciation for me.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2016, 09:58 AM   #147

I wasn't attacking anyone in particular here... I'm just expressing my disappointment how there is nothing else that gets posted up, and the times I ask if anyone else wants to join in on something else, it's met with silence. If anything I commend kr4l for trying and getting people together. I honestly don't have a problem coming out to just hang out and shoot the shit either, but (and don't flame me for this) it would be nice if there was a gathering with an emphasis on riding?
Old 07-10-2016, 10:53 PM   #148

@geist

I know you don't mean any harm but your poor choice of wording makes you look like a total ass. I apologize for getting so worked up over it. I slept on it and what's done is done.

I'm all for coming together and meeting up on a weekly basis but to plan a group ride, route, getting stuck at the lights is a pain in the ass that I don't want to deal with. Honestly, I don't feel all that comfortable in a group setting. Possibly cause I'm still a newb or that the wife is riding along and her confident level, or just watching too many YouTube videos of people doing stupid shit. The last meet we rode out downtown. It was great. Everyone was super chill and tame but there's also that insecurity I have of those aggressive cagers that feel the need to do stupid shit. Something about the mentality of drivers when they see a group of riders scares the fuck outta me.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #149

To be fair, people in cars are there whether your in a group or not. Also, the RS crew is painfully respectful lol. I ride with ppl on here and it's no faster or aggressive than in a car. No wheels, burn outs, lane splitting etc. Extremely noob friendly
Old 07-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
To be fair, people in cars are there whether your in a group or not. Also, the RS crew is painfully respectful lol. I ride with ppl on here and it's no faster or aggressive than in a car. No wheels, burn outs, lane splitting etc. Extremely noob friendly
I totally agree with you. Everyone is very respectful and doesn't do anything stupid at all. Then there's that's one guy that saw us riding in a group by the Arthur Laing bridge and does a wheelie. All it takes is one bad apple
This post thanked by: