REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
China's LeEco teases its very own autonomous electric car XtraTech XtraTech

Quote:
Published on Apr 20, 2016
LeEco really wants the world to know it isn't just about TVs and smartphones. After the announcements of its investment in Faraday Future and Aston Martin earlier this year, today LeEco showed off its very first electric car that actually moves. The LeSEE vehicle was driven out of a container from one end of the stage, and later, CEO Jia Yueting did a live demo of its self-driving and self-parking capability using voice commands via a mobile app, albeit moving in low speed due to the limited space, as you can see in the video after the break. There's no mention of specs and the English subtitles suggest that this is more of a concept car at the moment, but it does appear to be a solid start.

As an investor of China's car-hailing app Yidao Yongche, LeEco envisions its future LeSEE cars to form a fleet of autonomous taxis, with their front lights indicating their availability using various colors. In the official video, the car has conventional front doors and rear suicide doors, and somehow, the back seats can apparently adapt to the shape of the passengers' bodies -- yep, smells like a concept. There are, however, touchscreens behind the front seats which can obviously take advantage of LeEco's rich video entertainment. Jia added that the car will also do face recognition and self-learning, but we'll have to wait for a future demo on those.

The first LeSEE electric car will make its proper debut at the Beijing Auto Show on April 24th, and there's any new info to share then, we'll keep y'all posted.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #2
Witness protection

ASTON MARTIN AND LEECO PARTNER TO CO-DEVELOP ELECTRIC VEHICLE

http://cdntbs.astonmartin.com/sitefi...n-sign-MOU.jpg

Quote:
7 February 2016, Frankfurt, Germany: Leading global technology company LeEco and luxury sports car brand Aston Martin today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) towards the creation of a partnership that will develop a production version of the Aston Martin RapidE electric vehicle concept. It is anticipated that the partnership will see the two companies working together in developing and manufacturing RapidE, with potential for adding a range of next-generation connected electric vehicles on behalf of Aston Martin, LeEco and Faraday Future.

This new signing extends the existing collaboration between the two companies. In January 2016, LeEco and Aston Martin revealed the first results of their partnership – an Aston Martin Rapide S incorporating the latest Letv Internet of the Vehicle (IOV) system. The second area of the partnership – the development of low-emission vehicle technologies – has been accelerated as they have developed their respective plans for launching a range of new electric vehicles during the second half of the decade.

The first model developed by this partnership will be the Aston Martin RapidE. The Aston Martin RapidE concept was created to explore how the company can take an existing production vehicle and create an all-electric sports sedan. Since the creation of this concept vehicle, Aston Martin and Letv have been advancing the work on production feasibility including the identification of technology solutions for battery systems and powertrain. Both companies are now focused on bringing the RapidE to market in 2018 utilising the best technologies from the companies’ portfolios.

Commenting on the signing of the MOU, Mr. Ding Lei, co-founder and global vice chairman of SEE Plan, said, “Signing of this MOU ushers a new phase of the collaborations between Aston Martin and LeEco. LeEco’s SEE Plan is dedicated to build electric, smart, connected and socialized cars. We have been targeting the highest standard in the auto industry in terms of design, R&D and manufacturing of our electric cars. We hope that, by strengthening collaborations with Aston Martin, our future models will provide premium qualities and delicate arts and crafts as good as those of Aston Martin.”

Aston Martin CEO, Dr Andy Palmer, said: “Aston Martin are dedicated to developing a range of cars with low emission technologies. We have been encouraged by the project speed and technical depth shown by Letv in the development of the RapidE concept towards full production. Bringing the RapidE to market by 2018 is an important milestone for both companies. ”
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 04-20-2016, 01:08 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
The first thought that comes to mind about this car is "How reliable is this vehicle"?

Will the Leeco car stop by itself and become motionless like a Lego car?

What kind of name is LeEco??? It is definitely not a LaFerrari.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:41 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
I stopped taking this thing seriously after LeEco
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2016, 04:18 AM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Jacky Chan: "Chinese products will explode!"

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2016, 08:37 AM   #6

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
this is good, any competition to push EV tech forward is a good initiative
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:50 AM   #7
Witness protection

Chinese company unveils electric concept car to compete with Tesla - The Globe and Mail

Quote:

China’s Le Holdings Co Ltd, also known as LeEco and formerly as LeTV, on Wednesday unveiled an all-electric battery concept car whose production version the company hopes will compete head-on with Tesla Motors Inc’s Model S.

The concept car, called LeSEE, which hints at a production version of the car LeEco is widely expected to launch in the future, is one of an array of similarly positioned premium electric vehicles (EVs) due to hit the market in the next few years from more than half a dozen Chinese-funded EV start-ups.

LeEco said the concept car, which will be displayed at next week’s Beijing auto show, is not only fully electrically propelled but has been engineered to be a “smart”, “connected” and “automated self-driving” car.

Jia Yueting, co-founder and head of LeEco, said he hopes that when the car hits the market it will help China’s auto industry reach the forefront of the global auto sector.

“When everyone is questioning us over our ability to develop a car like this and is laughing at us, we are still able to be here and show you this car ... I am so emotional,” Jia said at a LeEco launch event for several products in Beijing on Wednesday.

Jia said LeEco is also developing a car-sharing business in connection with its green car efforts.

He said one day LeEco cars would be offered free of charge to consumers because the company aims to make money on content and other services it sells through those connected cars. Jia did not say when that day might come.

“Our cars’ pricing model will be similar to pricing models for cellphones and tv sets we sell today,” he said. “One day our cars will be free ... We are getting there some day.”

LeEco’s electric vehicle unit and other EV startups in China proliferated after the government, looking to fuel a more determined switch to electricity as the ultimate alternative to petrol, liberalized and opened its automotive industry to allow deep-pocketed tech firms to invest as long as they dabble in electric cars.

Aside from LeEco, the likes of Baidu Inc, Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, Xiaomi Inc, Tencent Holdings Ltd and other tech firms have funded more than half a dozen EV start-ups, which include NextEV and CH-Auto.

Those new players have been emboldened by the government’s all-out support for all types of electric cars, which includes generous incentives to buyers.

They also expect industry policymakers to mandate providers of public transportation such as bus companies, taxi operators and even courier services to purchase electric vehicles and invest in charging infrastructure to usher in an electric future.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:31 AM   #8
I am Hook'd on RS

if I have to buy EV it'll be Tesla. No questions asked
JDMEK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #9
Witness protection

not knowing what the business model is for all of this, my assumption is that this tech will only appear in north america in the aston martin RapidE, and the LeEco will be for mostly for the chinese market.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:29 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
at least it looks good lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #11

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
I bought their TV, firmware gets update frequently, but it is never stable and smooth. Typical Chinese software engineering.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote