REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Galaxy Note 5 Network Registration

Has anyone been having problems signal/service issues with their Galaxy Note 5 devices.

Initially, I had a friend complaining about how his Note 5 was cutting in and out of service for the last week and leaving him for hours on end without a signal to his phone.

Today, I noticed the same problem on my phone. Two different networks, he's on Telus I'm on Bell/Virgin.

Both devices have been updated to the newest Marshmallow release.
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I have that issue with the Note 4. I have to reset the phone, or reset the network through the system settings.

It comes up as "Unregistered SIM" or something like that.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Wasn't just for the note series. It happened with my samsung s4/s6 as well when I had it. Drove me nuts. Probably has something to do with the sim card reader. My note 5 is working perfectly fine right now though no issues like that yet. I hope never lol
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:56 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Samsung's network capabilities have really taken a nose dive within the past few years, especially since the S4. It got worse and worse, but I have no empirical data to substantiate this claim; it's mostly just personal experience. The absolute worst is the S6. The S7 is just "okay" at best.

Seeing this pattern makes it a very difficult decision to buy a Samsung phone in the near and distant future.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 05-04-2016 at 05:04 AM.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:26 PM   #5
Got MOD?

No problems here with my note 5 and s7 edge on Rogers so far. There was a calling issue with volte so we had Rogers disable it for our corporate account. Though this never affected the actual connection.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote