REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Lower back injury (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708690-lower-back-injury.html)

TMT 05-02-2016 04:23 PM

Lower back injury

So I tore a muscle in my lower back and I was wondering if anyone experienced a similar situation?
What did you do to fix?
Cheers

Renthal 05-02-2016 05:11 PM

tore some muscles in my middle back last month.. never done chiro before but got recommended to one..
took about 2 weeks and 8 visits but its a lot better now

I always just did massage or physio but this whole chiro thing really seemed to help

320icar 05-02-2016 05:25 PM

Chronic back injury checking in. Find a good chiro that you're comfortable with (whether it be the classic back cracking kind or torque release with the little spring loaded gun thing, which I prefer) and you will feel a lot better.

TMT 05-02-2016 05:34 PM

Can you guys share your chiros.
Cheers

320icar 05-02-2016 05:52 PM

In touch chiropractic, and Dr. Jassal chiropractic. Both are very in depth, but from a pain to no pain sense I prefer 'in touch' chiro.

kross9 05-02-2016 08:24 PM

Dr Brandon Grant at Catalyst. Hes the third one i went to and he does things a little different but so far he works wonders with his voodoo black magic.. i mean Chiro abilities

Sid Vicious 05-02-2016 08:45 PM

how did you know you tore a muscle? did you get an MRI?

N.V.M. 05-03-2016 04:21 AM

torn muscle is the worst, speaking as a golfer. 6 months before 100% again.(maybe i should've stopped golfing to heal faster?)

TMT 05-04-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8752184)
how did you know you tore a muscle? did you get an MRI?

That's what one of the chiros had believed. My family doctor told me it was back spasms. It's been getting better each day.

TMT 05-04-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.V.M. (Post 8752250)
torn muscle is the worst, speaking as a golfer. 6 months before 100% again.(maybe i should've stopped golfing to heal faster?)

6 months sounds rough, How soon did you return to golfing again?

Sid Vicious 05-05-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMT (Post 8752746)
That's what one of the chiros had believed. My family doctor told me it was back spasms. It's been getting better each day.

right, so you probably don't have a torn muscle - it's most likely spasms.

in that case, deadlifting with light weight and strict form and high reps will fix your back fast

originalhypa 05-05-2016 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kross9 (Post 8752175)
Dr Brandon Grant at Catalyst.

Good call on Catalyst. I go to Dr Stephan Sigalet there, and he is an ace.
It took months to get in to see him, but well worth the wait. Plus, I wasn't doing much else at the time.

Catalyst Kinetics Contact - Burnaby Health Clinic

He put Sidney Crosby back together after his concussion. Walking in and seeing all the NHL jerseys gives you some confidence. Plus, Milan Lucic was there the last time I had an appt. That man is huge!

swiftshift 05-05-2016 10:27 AM

Chiropractor best bet..
Get well soon

racerman88 11-06-2016 11:56 AM

Catalyst is good all around when it comes to their Chiropractors and physiotherapists.

G 11-06-2016 06:15 PM

Anyone ever strain their lower back muscle? Near the SI joint / lower back before the pelvis? Having some trouble bending over fully in the mornings and during a long day, a good foam roll usually helps, but wondering if any one knows a remedy.... heat compression? cold compression? etc etc.

Thanks!

originalhypa 11-07-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 8800473)
but wondering if any one knows a remedy.... heat compression? cold compression? etc etc.

Back pain can come from so many different places. I figured out that my pain was coming from tight hips and leg muscles. Cycling, snowboarding, and playing hockey have given me strong legs, but the muscle is very sport specific, which means that it's not even and uniform. This pulls my hips out of position where they lock up due to my desk job.

This stretch here has been a life saver for me.
http://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/wp-c...ch-stretch.jpg

youtube "couch stretch". It's very simple to do, and quite satisfying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerman88 (Post 8800419)
Catalyst is good all around when it comes to their Chiropractors and physiotherapists.

Yup.
I couldn't get in to see Stephan back in May when I pulled my groin. So I saw Dr Trent Wittal, who was a wealth of knowledge. At age 39, I came back from a nasty groin pull in just 7 weeks.

Man I miss my 20's when I would be back in 2-3 weeks from the same injury.....
WutFace

SkinnyPupp 11-07-2016 04:14 PM

I have tweaked my lower back on a few occasions, when pushing squats too far or too fatigued, and my form breaks, causing me to lean forward. It's probably not nearly as bad as the problems others in this thread are having, but for minor pain, this advice may help.

The 90/90 breathing exercise does WONDERS for it. It's actually quite amazing how you feel things "fall back into place" when doing your first few reps.

Might need to watch a couple videos to fully understand it. I'm not sure which ones are the best.