REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Breweries in Vancouver and surrounding areas (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708691-breweries-vancouver-surrounding-areas.html)

9sergioquiroz 05-02-2016 05:49 PM

Breweries in Vancouver and surrounding areas

Hello everyone!

My name is Serge and I'm new to this forum; I've been living in Vancouver for a little more than four years, and I love the craft/artisan beers and liqueurs scene here.

I would like to ask everyone: any recommendations for good breweries, gastropubs, tasting rooms, distilleries here in Vancouver and its surroundings?

Let me know which ones are your favorites, and cheers!

Hondaracer 05-02-2016 06:23 PM

If you want to check out as many as possible without driving East Van or main street is your best bet

Within a 8-10 block radius you've probably got 10+ breweries in east van, and on main between 3rd and 14th you've got 5-6

Personally my hands down favorites locally are Central City and Driftwood

Phillips is aight, and Parallel 49 has their ups and downs. So many to choose from it's ridiculous

9sergioquiroz 05-02-2016 06:29 PM

Many thanks, Hondaracer, I'll pay a visit to Driftwood and Central City.

Cheers!

corollagtSr5 05-02-2016 08:47 PM

I agree with hondaracer. Central city is also known as red racer. Red racer ipa and driftwood fat tug are my favourite. Theirs also biercraft that holds a big selection of beer. One is on comericial drive and the other on cambie 17 area.

Gucci Mane 05-02-2016 09:16 PM

sure could use some phillips brewing electric unicorn white IPA right about now.

Hondaracer 05-02-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9sergioquiroz (Post 8752143)
Many thanks, Hondaracer, I'll pay a visit to Driftwood and Central City.

Cheers!

FYI driftwood is on the island, so a little further away.

Biercraft, St.Augastines on Comercial drive, and CRAFT all have 50+ taps with dozens of local beers so it's a little easier to go to a single place and drink a bunch there rather than hop around to (usually packed) tasting rooms

FN-2199 05-03-2016 03:22 AM

Steel & Oak in New West!!

9sergioquiroz 05-03-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Biercraft, St.Augastines on Comercial drive, and CRAFT all have 50+ taps with dozens of local beers so it's a little easier to go to a single place and drink a bunch there rather than hop around to (usually packed) tasting rooms
I've been to CRAFT, and Tap and Barrel, both are very good, and I have St. Augustines and Biercraft on my list; the only breweries (or brewpubs, rather) that I've been to are GIB, Steamworks, and Steel Toad, which are also good; I'm curious about visiting all those breweries in East Van, though, maybe even tour their facilities; I'm a fan of the whole process and I started homebrewing a little while ago, so I would definitely like to take a look at their operations.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions as well.
Cheers!

pherio 05-03-2016 08:19 AM

In Port Moody there's Moody Ales, Yellow Dog and Twin Sails all within a block of each other with a 4th brewery opening next month. Theres usually a food truck parked outside Yellow Dog for food, and down the street is also St James' Well for gastropub-fare in Newport Village.

6o4__boi 05-03-2016 09:59 AM

bit out of the way but I filled up my growler with the Burnabarian from Dageraad recently
that was perfect in the hot weather

Liquid_o2 05-03-2016 10:04 AM

Some of the best craft breweries in Metro Vancouver are unfortunately a bit of a drive depending where you live.

-Yellow Dog in Port Moody
-Fuggles and Warlock in Richmond (opened a few weeks ago, but their entire lineup is stellar)
-Four Winds Brewing in South Delta (I believe they won BC Craft Brewery of the year. If you go at lunchtime during the week, they serve amazing tacos with their beer)
- Steel and Oak in New West
- Central City in Surrey

East Vancouver, as people have mentioned has a bunch of great breweries. My favs are Powell Street, Strange Fellows, 33 Acres, and Brassneck Brewery.

Main Street Brewery opened up recently as well, but I wasn't a fan the one time I went. I didn't like Steel Toad, great space but all three beers I tried were sub-par.

MelonBoy 05-03-2016 09:35 PM

Storm brewery.

Ask for the pineapple beer. They don't display it on the menu but when its fresh. Oh man oh man

jonwon 05-03-2016 10:13 PM

Strange fellows

Vansterdam 05-10-2016 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidish (Post 8752198)
sure could use some phillips brewing electric unicorn white IPA right about now.

legit one of my faves <3

Hondaracer 05-10-2016 09:00 AM

I have a friend who loves fuggles and warlock, I just can't get past their stupid anime label bullshit

Gucci Mane 05-10-2016 02:54 PM

haha, the picture of the unicorn on the bottle is actually what attracted me to the beer in the first place.

GabAlmighty 05-10-2016 03:13 PM

Yellow Dog, Moody Ales. Go there and enjoy Rocky Point Park. Makes for an epic day in the sun.

9sergioquiroz 05-12-2016 08:57 PM

Haha I've seen a ''Destiny IPA'' from Fuggles and Warlock in a couple of liquor stores, next time I'll give it a try.