REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:42 AM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Two notable quotes from the article

Quote:
The image of President Obama hugging a survivor will resonate deeply with the Japanese public. Opinion polls show that the majority of people welcome this visit and most, it seems, do not mind either about the absence of an apology.

Quote:
Seiki Sato, whose father was orphaned by the bomb, told the New York Times: "We Japanese did terrible, terrible things all over Asia. That is true. And we Japanese should say we are sorry because we are so ashamed, and we have not apologised sincerely to all these Asian countries. But thedropping of the atomic bomb was completely evil."
Hiroshima memory must never fade, Obama says on historic visit - BBC News
Advertisement

Last edited by StylinRed; 05-27-2016 at 03:52 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:48 AM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

Who in their right mind can justify not even one... but a second nuke three days later to wipe thousands of civilians off the planet. Its also said the US fire bombed more to death then the combined nukes?
I pity the average westerner that doesnt have a clue about real history and the powers behind it, have no care for world events (never watch real news) and whom are all too doomed to behave like robots, as expected by their overlords.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Japan should be thanking America for nuking them. They would not have surrendered and there would have been a very bloody land invasion by America. Saved millions of lives.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #29
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
You could have said it a little better and with a bit more compassion.

How about............ the event that unfolded may have been justified, because the Japanese people would have fought to the bitter end. As it turned out, many lives were saved on both sides.

something like that. I'm sure you can do better.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:45 PM   #30
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
actually, im going to sound like CIC but...

japan was already ready to surrender. the americans dropped the nukes for other political reasons.

surrendering to the americans, is a lot better than surrendering to the russians. and the russians were coming real close to invading japan.

there's tons of this info online. historians debating all this shit.

but the masses are taught it was to save lives. that's a total lie.

it was more to save face.

the emperor had already convinced japan they were going to win and shit, and they lost like 80% of their cities, and countless lives and resources wasted. if they had just surrendered for "no reason" he would have lost a lot of face and credibility.

the nukes were a blessing. it was something to point fingers at. new crazy horrible technology they were exposed to. they had "no choice" but to surrender.

you can look up plenty of transcripts between american generals and higher up. they all said the nukes weren't necessary. japan was already ready to surrender and talks were already in place.

there were multiple other political reasons to drop the nukes. i forget the other one. something to do with one upping russia. anyway. u guys forget the cold war happened immediately after ww2. it was already starting DURING the end of ww2. the usa used the nukes to politically dwarf the russians, and gain control of japan.

japan used the nukes to save face. and surrender to better enemy.

its complicated.

but of course media report the most simple explanation to the masses.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:08 AM   #31
I subscribe to Revscene

But the Bolsheviks (like present day ISIS) in power were created and funded by so called "Wallstreet" ... that would mean it controlled both the Russians and the US allies at that time.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: