REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

If you think China's technology and efficiency is so good, perhaps I should remind you of the Chinese high speed trains disastrous safety history and shoddy construction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_R...speed#Accident
One fucking accident

Or if you think Hong Kong's MTR technology is so advanced, may I remind you how it was introduced during the British colonial era? and how its service quality has now deteriorated to an abysmal level with frequent train failures, and highly dubious purchases of Mainland China-made trains and parts that do not live up to the expected safety standards?

It was a government corporation until privatization took it to the shit hole? Maybe government run corporations are they key to systems providing public service?

Our Skytrains fail often enough as well, but we haven't deteriorated into that sorry a state yet, but we might be heading in that direction if we -- as citizens -- don't stop the provincially proposed plan to purchase Mainland China-made Skytrains.

Inside the SkyTrain control room
Floppys FTW

If you ever go hiking anywhere in BC, take a look around you and think about why we can still enjoy all this beautiful nature. And now go look at the multi-coloured chemical rivers that you see in China, or better yet

Britannia Creek, Mount polley, tar sands?

-- look at the massively failed Three Gorges Dam project and the various natural disasters it has caused.

Hey, we are building the site C soon

And then turn to look at the demise of the Chinese white dophin situation in Hong Kong -- it is unfolding right in front of our eyes. When there is no democracy, no public consultation, no business case analysis, disaster is what you get.

Oh damm we got the HST and look what happened after the referendum. 3 Billion down the drain
Advertisement

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #27
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_R...speed#Accident
One fucking accident
That's the one everyone knew about. I suggest that you do some googling to see what other problems plague the Chinese highspeed trains. I'll give you a few to start -- railway sinking, top speed problems, track and train durability / reliability issues, to name a few. For something that's easier to look up information on, just look at the massive wastage that has been repeatedly stalling in the HK-China high speed train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
It was a government corporation until privatization took it to the shit hole? Maybe government run corporations are they key to systems providing public service?
Please don't pretend to be naive -- the HKSAR government is the single largest shareholder of the HK MTR Corp. For all practical purposes, it can easily be viewed as a gov corp.

Quote:
Inside the SkyTrain control room
Floppys FTW
Did you know that the NASA's spaceshuttle programs ran on ancient computer technology as well? So what's your point?

Quote:
Hey, we are building the site C soon
If you think the scale of Site C can even be remotely comparable to the Three Gorges Dam Project...

Quote:
Oh damm we got the HST and look what happened after the referendum. 3 Billion down the drain
And how many billions of questionable / illicit funds have been funneled out of China and into Vancouver?

And again, nobody ever says democracy is problem free. All it means it there are checks and balances in place to prevent it from massively fxxking up on a repeated basis, and that is precisely what a dictatorship / authoritarian government lacks.

Don't try to defend China when they have obviously fxxked up. It just shows how ignorant you are.

I don't even know why I am wasting time to bother with you when it is crystal clear which system is superior.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,252 Posts
Quote:
That's the one everyone knew about. I suggest that you do some googling to see what other problems plague the Chinese highspeed trains. I'll give you a few to start -- railway sinking, top speed problems, track and train durability / reliability issues, to name a few. For something that's easier to look up information on, just look at the massive wastage that has been repeatedly stalling in the HK-China high speed train.

Engineer faults happen all over the world. The city spent a year redoing pipe on the road, they redid it a year later because they messed up.

China is all done on their end, its Hong Kong that's stalling.

Please don't pretend to be naive -- the HKSAR government is the single largest shareholder of the HK MTR Corp. For all practical purposes, it can easily be viewed as a gov corp.

major shareholder big fucking whoop, its still a public company

You can take your money and put it in the company if you want.

Did you know that the NASA's spaceshuttle programs ran on ancient computer technology as well? So what's your point?

they did some what upgrade it in 1991 NASA - Shuttle Computers Navigate Record of Reliability

theres a reason its not flying now

If you think the scale of Site C can even be remotely comparable to the Three Gorges Dam Project...

Fine, its a smaller dam

And how many billions of questionable / illicit funds have been funneled out of China and into Vancouver?

Isn't that good for canada whos gonna feed all those realtors

And again, nobody ever says democracy is problem free. All it means it there are checks and balances in place to prevent it from massively fxxking up on a repeated basis, and that is precisely what a dictatorship / authoritarian government lacks.

does our system have its checks and balances? is it a true democracy that fully represents the people? The american system is the best for checks and balances but look at medicaid

Don't try to defend China when they have obviously fxxked up. It just shows how ignorant you are.

who said I was defending china? Isn't a democracy where people can voice their views? Whatever floats your boat may not work with me, I have every right to say no. You don't have to accept it but I can do as I please.

I don't even know why I am wasting time to bother with you when it is crystal clear which system is superior.but you wasted time here

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:56 PM   #29
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
This thread needs to move to fight club so gululu can have his say.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Sigh...
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:32 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

a democracy would drive not only China into the ground but crumble the global economy

people want to point fingers and talk about human rights, well when you are able to maintain political stability while managing 1/7th of the worlds population and lift millions out of poverty - that is the biggest human rights justification and nothing short of a miracle
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4v4li View Post
a democracy would drive not only China into the ground but crumble the global economy

people want to point fingers and talk about human rights, well when you are able to maintain political stability while managing 1/7th of the worlds population and lift millions out of poverty - that is the biggest human rights justification and nothing short of a miracle
If your definition of human rights includes forced abortion 7 months into pregnancy, or arresting parents for seeking justice and compensation for their baby formula poisoned children, I have nothing else to say.

Humans are not livestock that only needs to be fed and kept alive, but clearly, you lack the capacity to understand that.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #33
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
believe it or not
Chinese state media says that the 'straddling bus' is nothing more than a big scam: Shanghaiist
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:20 PM   #34

Quote:
If your definition of human rights includes forced abortion 7 months into pregnancy, or arresting parents for seeking justice and compensation for their baby formula poisoned children, I have nothing else to say.

Humans are not livestock that only needs to be fed and kept alive, but clearly, you lack the capacity to understand that.
oh ya that's totally what I meant to post
stand corrected
Old 08-14-2016, 11:25 PM   #35

btw forced abortion is against the law in China (and fyi there is no more one child policy)

what poor uneducated rural local officials do for vigilante justice or to coerce punishment for not paying fines is not representative of the central government

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 08-15-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Whats the benefit of this elevated bus though?

I know it's a new concept and kinda cool...but Tokyo, London, New York, Moscow, Paris,.. any congested cities around the world have been using subway and proven to be effective.

What if there's an accident? Also subways are great for snow/cold weather too. Not that it would matter in warm country like China but still..
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:37 AM   #37
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

China has money and can spend it.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #38
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Just a quick update on the scam.
The Road-Straddling Bus From China Sure Looks Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:42 AM   #39
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
LOL!

Quote:
The bus is currently being looked after by a pair of old security guards who reluctantly admit that they’ve been forgotten about as well.

“The managers from the company have long drifted away, and I am unable to contact them,” said an unidentified guard.
I love the guards dedication, he's probably not even getting paid anymore, and he just keeps showing up to guard the governments enormous failure.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #40

Would someone please remind me? What kind of thing in China is not fake?
Old 12-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #41
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Would someone please remind me? What kind of thing in China is not fake?
The smog

m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: