REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 06-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
GOG Connect - import Steam games into GOG library

https://www.gog.com/connect

Quote:
Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

Today, we're launching a new program called GOG Connect. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, GOG Connect gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:
- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While GOG Connect will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!
I went through linking my Steam account, and it imported 11 games to my GOG library. From the wording above, it looks like the games will not be permanently part of your GOG library, depending on the agreement with the publishers.

EDIT: Actually, games may only be eligible for a set period. It'll be permanently in your GOG library as long as you import it while it's still around.
Advertisement

Last edited by Presto; 04-20-2023 at 02:14 PM.
Presto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:58 PM   #2
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I don't get the point of this?

I have GOG installed and I hate it. I was forced to use it since NVIDIA gave out GOG keys instead of Steam keys for TW3 last year.

It's annoying to have to use this one client when TW1/TW2 are in my Steam library.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:24 AM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I don't really see the point of this either... Now if it was Steam that could import from GoG, that would be something useful. I could move Witcher 3 over there, and could stop using GoG completely
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:30 AM   #4
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I don't really see the point of this either... Now if it was Steam that could import from GoG, that would be something useful. I could move Witcher 3 over there, and could stop using GoG completely
I hate GOG.

And this is coming from a person that has never complained about iTunes being required for Apple products.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote