REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   24: Legacy (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709158-24-legacy.html)

thumper 06-07-2016 11:26 AM

24: Legacy

Quote:

The clock ticks again with 24: LEGACY, the next evolution of the Emmy Award-winning “24.” From Emmy Award-winning executive producer Howard Gordon (“Homeland,” “24: Live Another Day”), Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning executive producer Brian Grazer (“A Beautiful Mind,” “24”), writers and executive producers Manny Coto and Evan Katz (“24,” “24: Live Another Day”), director and executive producer Stephen Hopkins (“24”) and executive producer and original series star Kiefer Sutherland, 24: LEGACY chronicles an adrenaline-fueled race against the clock to stop a devastating terrorist attack on United States soil – in the same real-time format that has propelled this genre-defining series. Six months ago in Yemen, an elite squad of U.S. Army Rangers, led by Sergeant ERIC CARTER (Corey Hawkins, “Straight Outta Compton”), killed terrorist leader Sheik Ibrahim Bin-Khalid. In the aftermath, Bin-Khalid’s followers declared a fatwah against Carter, his squad and their families, forcing them into federal witness protection. But a recent attempt on Carter’s own life makes it clear to him that his team is now exposed. To thwart further attacks, Carter enlists REBECCA INGRAM (Miranda Otto, “Homeland”), who quarterbacked the raid that killed Bin-Khalid. She’s a brilliant and ambitious intelligence officer who has stepped down from her post as National Director of CTU to support her husband, SENATOR JOHN DONOVAN (Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Jimmy Smits, “NYPD Blue,” “The West Wing”), in his campaign for President of the United States. Decades of sleepless nights and missed anniversaries landed her at the top. With the White House within their grasp, can she truly embrace a new role as First Lady? Or will her love of the action draw her back in? Together, in this fast-paced thrill ride, Carter and Ingram uncover a sophisticated terrorist network that will force them to ask: “Who can we trust?” As they battle Bin-Khalid’s devotees, they are forced to confront their own identities, families and pasts.

Manic! 06-07-2016 11:46 AM

Dam it looks good.

Slifer 06-08-2016 09:13 AM

No Jack Bauer :(

thumper 06-08-2016 09:19 AM

only as an exec. producer ;)

ForbiddenX 06-08-2016 11:02 AM

Definitely looks good, 24's one of my favorite shows.

Hopefully Jack makes a cameo? :D

Although I did not like Miranda Otto's character in Homeland lol

7seven 06-24-2016 06:59 AM

Would be great to have a Jack cameo even if it is only for a couple of episodes

Quote:

Kiefer Sutherland Could Return As Jack Bauer On ‘24: Legacy’ – ATX TV Festival

UPDATED: 24 is returning next season with 24: Legacy, a spinoff featuring all-new characters led by a new hero, played by Corey Hawkins. Original 24 star Kiefer Sutherland serves as an executive producer on the Fox series. He has no deal to act on the show as he toplines high-profile new ABC drama Designated Survivor. But there is a chance for him to guest star on 24: Legacy as Jack Bauer, according to executive producer Howard Gordon.

“I do think the character has life in him, whether it’s a movie or if he intersects with this new iteration of 24, [Legacy],” Gordon said today during his master class at the ATX TV Festival in Austin. “I sure would love to see him at some point on the show, and I don’t think he’s ruled it out, either.”

I’d heard Gordon and the team of 24: Legacy have an arc in mind for the second part of 24: Legacy‘s 12-episode first season that could involve Bauer if a deal comes together, but there are no talks going on at the moment with Sutherland for acting. He could do a couple of episodes as a guest star without creating a conflict with his leading-man duties on Designated Survivor. There also is a possibility of other 24 original cast members reprising their roles in guest stints.

Adding further credence to the possibility of a Jack Bauer comeback, when asked about the finale in Live Another Day, Gordon said, “I don’t know how public this is but we didn’t question or consider this being Jack’s last moment, Jack’s end. We couldn’t bring ourselves [to kill him].”

Why did the 24 producing team decide to continue the franchise without Bauer at the center? “That character has, in fact, lost too much to be the center of an ongoing enterprise,” Gordon said.

Hawkins’ character wouldn’t be a “copy of Jack Bauer” but would be “compelling in his own right,” he said, “Once we put Jack to rest as the center of the story, we could [do another story],” he explained.

The comments topped off a session filled with anecdotes about Gordon’s storied career that has included hits such as The X-Files, Homeland, 24, and now, Tyrant and 24: Legacy.

As for a 24 movie, Sutherland had been a longtime supporter of the idea, but the project never got off the ground after a couple of attempts. Sutherland reprised the Jack Bauer role in the 2014 Fox event series 24: Live Another Day, which picked up the story four years after the series finale.

24: Legacy will premiere on FOX after Super Bowl LI on February 5, 2017.

Kiefer Sutherland Could Return As Jack Bauer On ?24: Legacy? | Deadline

Quote:

‘24’ Showrunner Reveals Kiefer Sutherland Wanted Jack Bauer to Die

Howard Gordon, the showrunner of Fox’s “24”, revealed that Jack Bauer’s greatest enemy may have been himself.

“Kiefer [Sutherland] actually wanted Jack Bauer to die, and we had many conversations about it… many of us, including his agent, tried to talk him out of it, but then there was an edict from very high up [within Fox] and Jack Bauer is still alive,” Gordon said.

In 2014, Sutherland appeared in the mini-series “24: Live Another Day,” but last year the actor commented on his relationship with the franchise. “’24’ is definitely over now for me. It’s one of the greatest gifts I’ve been given as an actor. But, it’s moving on without me.”

Gordon also discussed the “24” spinoff, “24: Legacy,” slated for 2017, where “Straight Outta Compton” star Corey Hawkins will take over as Bauer’s CTU successor. Though Bauer is not a star of the new series, Gordon said, “There’s always a chance he could come back.”

Gordon, who also co-created and wrote “Homeland” spoke about Bauer’s influence in his latter work. “Jack Bauer has cast a very long and powerful shadow,” he said.

“Carrie Mathison [Claire Danes’ character in ‘Homeland’] was born out of Jack Bauer. So was Corey’s character. We are fishing in the same pond for stories. Jack Bauer is the atom.”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/kief...24-1201802214/