REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Group Tours in Europe

My wife and I are trying to plan a trip for my in laws and was wondering if anyone had any recommended companies for tour groups in Europe?

We won't be with them so we wanted them to not have to worry about planning and figuring out all of the logistics. We just want them to hop on a plane and enjoy their trip!

Thinking of maybe France, UK, or Germany
Advertisement
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Give these a shot:
Collette Tours | Collette Vacations | Collette
https://www.trafalgar.com/can
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:23 AM   #3

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
europe is so simple and so english language friendly, they don't need a tour on the basis of the language.

just google, there are billions of these tours especially in june - august
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,306 Times in 5,629 Posts
Hop on hop off busses get you everywhere you need to go, and all the main sights they take you to are easily done on your own.

Personally I'd hate to be on any sort of timeline seeing the sites in London/Paris
Old 06-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

How about cruising? We did a Viking River Cruise down the Danube and it was awesome; tours included in the price and they had an airfare promotion as well.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:33 AM   #6

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Hop on hop off busses get you everywhere you need to go, and all the main sights they take you to are easily done on your own.

Personally I'd hate to be on any sort of timeline seeing the sites in London/Paris
this is a great point, cheap too (get a 48 hr pass for bigger cities).

many cities in europe are built on rivers - river cruises are also a great way to see the area. there are ones down the Seine, around Amsterdam, etc.

Wish I had more time to visit more cities in europe, such a beautiful place full of history
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:07 AM   #7
Old School RS

Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,201 Posts
Lots of suggestions here re: day trips/tours, but if you want a multi-day itinerary that covers a few cities and handles the logistics between, I would recommend an Intrepid tour. I have done a fair bit of traveling around the world with and without tours and found that while there are always compromises to be made by traveling in a group, the Intrepid tours seem to offer a good amount of free time that gives you flexibility. On the other hand, sometimes it's really nice to not have to worry about accommodation/transportation so that's a big plus in my mind.

Mark