REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,510 Posts
UEFA Euro 2016

There has to be some football fans here on RS, right?

I'm trying to find some sort of live (streaming) feed that would allow me to watch some of the games. But so far, it seems like you need a US IP address (for ESPN) or a TSN subscriber to watch from those official sources.

If anyone is up for it, we could certainly discuss some games here in this thread as well.

For the record, I'll be cheering for England. But I'd be surprised if they can make it out of the preliminary round.
Advertisement
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I'm in for Spain...though I don't think they'll win it all this season, it's at least nice to see em bring in some fresh blood. Some high expectations for Morata and Vazquez. But the midfield remains pretty experienced and competent. Hopefully they'll at least be better than their previous World Cup appearance.

I was watching the game through Shaw's Free Range TV at work lol
managed to catch just enough to see Payet's winning strike

if you're with Shaw, you should be able to watch using ur shaw account and pass on TSN's website

I'm so glad the Euro's are on TV despite the early starts and all the Spanish games being on weekdays. Unlike that other fucking tournament that's on PPV.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I think France will win. Strong midfield with Pogba and Matuidi, griezmann striking and payet in really good form. Also, interested in seeing how well Belgium will do with kevin du bruyne, nainngollan, and hazard.

Last edited by lowda9; 06-10-2016 at 01:39 PM.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #4
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
I think France will win. Strong midfield with Pogba and Matuidi, griezmann striking and payet in really good form. Also, interested in seeing how well Belgium will do with kevin du bruyne, nainngollan, and hazard.
As much as I like France,
Pogba, Matuidi, Griezmann were all underperforming today's game.
But that Payet doe.

In for Germany. And I'm almost 99% they will win it.

If you want to try streaming, I would recommend firstrowsports. But they have a lot of popups and clickbaits (possible malware too, but I don't care).
illestchk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2016, 02:38 PM   #5
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Looking forward to the Albania-Switzerland game as it's a lot of ethnic Albanians who switched over once the country got into UEFA...and the Xhaka brothers on either side.

I'd like to see Croatia go far enough into it. Plenty of experience in that side, so who knows if they may be able to topple some of the better teams.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #6

Looked into a number of highlight replays and stuff, and so far, I like this website the best:

Euro 2016 Archives ? Full Matches and Shows

And dammit... the 3 Lions almost nailed Putin's boys...
Old 06-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #7

Spain just eked out that win over the Czech (and Cech) today lol

interesting to see how the ITAvBEL game will go today...so tempted to use a bit of data to catch some bits of it
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 06-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #8

Must say Italy looks like the team to beat so far. SOLID DEFENDING. SOLID.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #9

rofl Russia already facing disqualification if their fans pull more shit

Old 06-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #10
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Austria clean sheeted by a 40 year old goalkeeper known for sweatpants.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #11

lol that's worse than getting owned by a basketball team wearing those god awful tshirt jerseys

#makesweatpantsgreatagain
Old 06-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestchk View Post
In for Germany. And I'm almost 99% they will win it.
After their game against Ukraine, do you still think Germany has what it takes to win the tournament?

Admittedly, I only watched the highlights, but based on what I saw, I was not at all impressed by Germany's performance. There were certainly flashes of brilliance from their players, on par with what I would expect from the German team. At the same time, there was also no shortage of errors and bloopers as well. In the recent few years (World Cup 2010 & 2014, Euro 2012), I don't ever recall seeing a game where the German players have allowed as many slip ups as they did in this opener.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:38 AM   #13
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Dam I cant beleive ronaldo missed that volley.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #14

give Germany some time...they've looked a bit in disarray but when they find their feet, they're the team to beat in this tourney

lol how bout Iceland...giving Portugal all that they can handle
Old 06-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #15
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Jesus, one bad defensive break down and way to many missed opportunities for Portugal.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:55 PM   #16

lol Portugal
they'll always underachieve or choke out of an international tourney
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 12:56 PM   #17
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Fucking Portugal....

Hurts not having Coentrao there.....
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM   #18
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Damn the violence out there is starting to make the Vancouver riot look like child's play.

Quote:
Trouble flared again at Euro 2016 after a Russian fan was chased through the city centre to shouts of "Fuck off Russia, we're England and Wales".

Lille authorities, who drafted in extra police and emergency services to swell their numbers to 4,000, eventually swarmed the group in a kettle. Three supporters emerged from side-streets with bloodied faces after apparent clash with Russia fans, whose team had played in the city earlier.

A small group of young England fans in their late teens said that Russian fans had started the trouble by charging at a larger knot of around 200 England fans drinking outside the Le Prize pub, 100 yards from the main square.

Thousands of England fans had spent the day drinking outside bars near Lille's domestic train station. But as the afternoon wore on, the songs and chants became more hostile, many cheering Slovakia's 2-1 win which leaves Russia facing a struggle to qualify.

A massive security operation was launched as an estimated 40,000 English and Welsh arrived in Lille along with 15,000 Russians.

The nation - which has already been warned it faces being thrown out of the tournament for rioting and fights - is facing more trouble after a flare was ignited during the second match against Slovakia.
Crazy ass Russians, outnumbered 3 to 1 and still going balls deep.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Damn the violence out there is starting to make the Vancouver riot look like child's play.

Crazy ass Russians, outnumbered 3 to 1 and still going balls deep.
That is the Russian way, there is no other way.

Still, some of the fans (not just Russians but other national team fans) I've seen/read about are just straight up animals.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:52 PM   #20

Is this new news after the Russian team was threatened to get kicked out?

Maybe England will actually have a chance to make it into the elimination round...
Old 06-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
After their game against Ukraine, do you still think Germany has what it takes to win the tournament?

Admittedly, I only watched the highlights, but based on what I saw, I was not at all impressed by Germany's performance. There were certainly flashes of brilliance from their players, on par with what I would expect from the German team. At the same time, there was also no shortage of errors and bloopers as well. In the recent few years (World Cup 2010 & 2014, Euro 2012), I don't ever recall seeing a game where the German players have allowed as many slip ups as they did in this opener.
I agree with what you're saying, but my guess would be that they were nervous on their first game of EURO, and also trying to test the water of their opponent. They did control the game fairly well during second half like they should. Hopefully we'll see the Germany we know in their next game against Poland as it's a must win game imo.

And what's with Joachim Low going low on his low... that man got some issues....
Old 06-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #22

German's are looking pretty tentative and disorganized against Poland so far

It's like they don't want a pat on the back from Joachim Low or something
Old 06-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #23

"Great work team! You guys all deserve a massage! Oh our RMT is off today? Don't worry, I used to be a massage therapist..."

-Low
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #24

nice showing by Spain
i'm pleasantly surprised...its good to see em have that extra spring in their steps after being so flat in Brazil

infusion of Nolito and Morata in the front line seem to be making a step forward after a pretty slow start
Old 06-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #25

Any guesses as to why Russia collapsed so badly in Group B? The lost to Slovakia was at least dignified, but the game with Wales was just painful to watch (even though I am not a fan of theirs). It was almost like they just decided to roll over and die.

On a different note, I am surprised England played as well as they did in the qualifying round. They still suck, but they definitely suck a lot less than I was expecting them to.