REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #3251
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
how in the hell hasn't this been posted? I'm actually shocked right now...
Good vid, much thanked.

But why is that jackoff in the stands wearing a Rockets jersey?
Honestly man, if you don't own a jersey of either team playing, maybe don't wear a jersey at all?

Or you could be like this confused fellow.
Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #3252
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
-Linden says rebuild will be unfair to Sedins

-Canucks ticket demands are all time low since 1990s and Mark Messier era

And TL says they want to extend Miller's contract. Yay....
Flames with Iggy and Kipper 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #3253
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Miller is playing great so at least give him credit for that, I would rather the Canucks sign him for another year so Demko can get more experience in the minors then deal with the shit show that's the Vancouver Canucks right now.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #3254
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
agreed ^

I was initially against it but I'm not completely sold on Markstrom being a sole starting goalie just yet. I'm ok with Miller coming back as long as they slowly transition him to the veteran back up role and give Markstrom increased loads.

I can't imagine the Sedins playing for another team...but i can't blame em if they want win a Cup cus it's not gonna happen here for the rest of their careers.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #3255
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Shane Doan was okay with it, maybe the Sedins will be too lol
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #3256
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Just in case some of you didn't get catch the interview with Patrick O'Sullivan

O'Sullivan: Everybody hates Vancouver - TSN
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #3257
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
I can't imagine the Sedins playing for another team...but i can't blame em if they want win a Cup cus it's not gonna happen here for the rest of their careers.
Agreed. TL says it's not fair to them, but if my judgement of their character is correct, the Sedins would know that the window of opportunity has unfortunately closed, and that they would be agreeable to having a rebuild. None of these half-assed band-aid solutions!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:36 PM   #3258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Just in case some of you didn't get catch the interview with Patrick O'Sullivan

O'Sullivan: Everybody hates Vancouver - TSN
if hes ranting and raving that bad cuz of burrows talking shit to him, maybe he should think about going back to therapy.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #3259
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Agreed. TL says it's not fair to them, but if my judgement of their character is correct, the Sedins would know that the window of opportunity has unfortunately closed, and that they would be agreeable to having a rebuild. None of these half-assed band-aid solutions!
+1

I get where Linden is coming from and I agree. Except for the fact that between last season and this season, what good is it to the Sedins if you're finishing bottom 5 year after year trying to be 'competitive'
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:10 PM   #3260
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
when you say POS..u mean Piece of Shit right
haha

Patrick O'Sullivan ... damn guy needs to shutup already
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #3261
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
if hes ranting and raving that bad cuz of burrows talking shit to him, maybe he should think about going back to therapy.
He's a modern day Don Cherry.
And a complete douche too. That said, I'm thinking he prepared for this interview by reading this thread. He makes a good point that folks in Vancouver are really wound up, but also lack the knowledge and history of the Canucks.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #3262

Except hes not a modern day Don Cherry.
He's a guy whos qq'ing on the radio cuz burrows said shit to him and to make him feel better he has to insult everything in vancouver
Old 12-06-2016, 09:54 AM   #3263
they call me the snowman

I don't know...... He sure has a lot of support on social media. Plus POS makes some good points about a team that is hated around the league. In 2011, the only folks cheering for Vancouver, were Vancouverites. I know guys who I play hockey with, who were wearing their Bruins jerseys with pride during the final run.

So as we sit here and pout about what some washed up player says about our shitty city and our shitty team, he's gaining popularity in places outside of Vancouver with his verbal attacks. Burrows is a dick. Rome's hit on Horton was cheap. Matt Cooke was, and still is a nasty player.

While he's not there yet, he seems to be trying to fit the role of the analyst instigator quite well. A role invented by Don Cherry.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #3264

The only people who "support" him in social media are the tools he RT's who compliment him on his book.

Basically his supporters are the people who pity him. I mean even I feel sorry for him to a certain extent but if you actually follow the guy, he's a pretty shitty analyst who only shits on things and tries too hard to instigate and throws half-assed opinions out there.

TL;DR: POS is a POS.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #3265
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
But why is that jackoff in the stands wearing a Rockets jersey?
Honestly man, if you don't own a jersey of either team playing, maybe don't wear a jersey at all?
At first, I was thinking maybe his jersey had the name and number of one of the current NHLer that was playing for either TO or the Nucks.
Went back to watch the video and the jersey looks like it is a blank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #3266

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
The only people who "support" him in social media are the tools he RT's who compliment him on his book.

Basically his supporters are the people who pity him. I mean even I feel sorry for him to a certain extent but if you actually follow the guy, he's a pretty shitty analyst who only shits on things and tries too hard to instigate and throws half-assed opinions out there.

TL;DR: POS is a POS.
Are you talking about Nick Kypreos?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #3267

i could well be...stopped following him on social media as well
he does make some sense on rare days though
Old 12-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #3268

Quote:
I don't know...... He sure has a lot of support on social media. Plus POS makes some good points about a team that is hated around the league. In 2011, the only folks cheering for Vancouver, were Vancouverites. I know guys who I play hockey with, who were wearing their Bruins jerseys with pride during the final run.

So as we sit here and pout about what some washed up player says about our shitty city and our shitty team, he's gaining popularity in places outside of Vancouver with his verbal attacks. Burrows is a dick. Rome's hit on Horton was cheap. Matt Cooke was, and still is a nasty player.

While he's not there yet, he seems to be trying to fit the role of the analyst instigator quite well. A role invented by Don Cherry.

Are you POS? Or just want to suck his dick?
Matt Cooke has played for many teams. Rome's hit was fine, just bs outcome. We see that type of hit a lot, and nothing
If you think everyone wanted Vancouver to lose, you really are out to lunch. QUE, SASK, MTB were all for us just in Canada.

comparing him to don cherry is comparing apples to fucking turd sandwhiches. hes more of a damien cox who has everything against Vancouver for one reason and cant shut up about it
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #3269
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
He's a modern day Don Cherry.
Please stop

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #3270
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Actually, I remember watching most of the games on TV and I was very surprised to see a lot of fans wearing Canucks jersey when they were on their road trips.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #3271
My homepage has been set to RS

^lol that escalated quickly haha
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #3272

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Makes good points based on?

Of the guys listed that he hates from the Canucks (Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa, Rome), 1 is retired due to injuries, 2 play for the Ducks, and 1 is still with Vancouver. Yet, when asked about the Ducks, he says he likes the Ducks and loves Anaheim.

Maybe he should move his mentally-unstable ass to California and get the fuck out of the city he spouts nothing but hatred towards.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #3273
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
ouch.. hope Larsen is alright.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #3274
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

missed the replay, was it a clean hit? There was no penalty...
drunkhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:31 PM   #3275
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Clean hit. Larsen should have had his head up and on a swivel.

The amount of guys and commotion that surrounded Larsen as be lay motionless was gross. I counted ateast a couple skates and sticks bumping his head as he lay on the ice. They should have all been more aware.