REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #1701
My homepage has been set to RS

Etem has had chances with 3 different teams. There comes a time when it just isn't going to work out. Has happened with many 1st round picks. Anaheim is taking a flyer on him, but I'm not too disappointed. Waste of talent really, he just couldn't put it together. Jensen will likely never make the NHL anyways, so no loss.
Advertisement
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #1702
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
that trade also included a 6th round pick
that's the most disappointing thing

normally i'd be ok with the mentality of trading picks/young prospects for players ahead of the curve, IF IT WAS ACTUALLY YIELDING RESULTS, but i think it's safe to say that unless Gudbranson becomes a rock on D and gets Norris mentions, it's going nowhere fast

we piss away picks at a retarded rate for players we're losing at a retarded rate

i could go on and on but the asset management on this team is so fucking bad, I would trust a 10 year old who's played a season of be a GM in any NHL game over the ass monkeys who make decisions on this team
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #1703
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Johnny Quick was hurt last night.
What's the over/under on Miller going to LA as their starter while Quick recovers?

Who could we get in exchange for an old goalie with a year left on his contract?
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #1704

Jim Moron would like to make an offer

Miller + any pick except the first round pick for any of your C Prospects
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 10-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #1705
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
hahaha!
I remember the days when a good goalie would get you a good player in exchange. Like Miller for Muzzin, or maybe Clifford.

Rewind 21 years and this happened.
Quote:
Montreal sent Patrick Roy and Mike Keane to Colorado for Jocelyn Thibault, Andrei Kovolenko and Martin Rucinsky
T-Bo had a long career as a solid backup, Kovolenko was good for 20 goals per season, and Rucinsky played almost a thousand NHL games.

That said, Roy won 2 more cups for Colorado, and Keane was a grinder.

Dunno man..... I dunno.
We got nothing for Eddie Lack, nothing for Schneider, and pretty much nothing for Luongo. Although for the last one, at least Markstrom is showing potential as a starter.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #1706
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

We got Bo for Schneids.
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 AM   #1707

The thing that pisses me off with dim Jim is his terrible asset management. This is the guy who is suppose to see talent with his scouting backround. Looks like he lost the trade with the forsling/clenndening one. Lots the etem/Jensen one cuz he gave up a pick. Lost the kassian/prust one gave up another pick. The kassian/prust one was just fucking retarded you could have picked anyone else in the Canadians line up but he picked prust and sauced them an additional pick just to get rid of kass. Also not too sure about the Juolevi pick would rather they picked up tkatchuk instead but that's me. Need more bigger stronger forwards in the canucks line up.

I mean with the etem thing yeah he didn't have the best pre season but I still would have kept him over skille. Skille is just a stop gap until rodin comes back and then he is pretty much done. At least with etem he is younger and faster but doesn't have the smarts to put things together.
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #1708

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post
We got Bo for Schneids.
gillis made that trade
Old 10-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #1709
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
you guys act like JB supposed to be almighty god and not make one mistake LOL

Dont get me wrong i agree with you guys on the shit he's fucked up on, but you dont hear me bitch on every wrong thing that has happened. He aint mcjesus (the "real" one) whos never going to make mistakes. I guess what im saying is pls guys stop bitching bout every wrong thing because i dont wanna read this over and over and over again

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #1710
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
gillis made that trade
Which is why Bo is currently centering burrows and Dorsett on the 4th line while granlund getting 2nd line duties I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 10:51 AM   #1711
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 10:51 AM   #1712

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
I guess what im saying is pls guys stop bitching bout every wrong thing because i dont wanna read this over and over and over again
2 more days til the season opener...you're gonna be hearing a lot of this til then haha
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #1713

^especially when you have Bo centering the fucking 4th line and grandlund ahead of him. Don't get me wrong grandlund has surprised me with his pre season play but being ahead of Bo come on now....Bo centering two duds in burrows and dorestt does WD want to keep his job?
Old 10-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #1714

I am hoping this is just for practice but come on now still experimenting before the season fuck WD!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #1715
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Which is why Bo is currently centering burrows and Dorsett on the 4th line while granlund getting 2nd line duties I believe
Quote:
^especially when you have Bo centering the fucking 4th line and grandlund ahead of him. Don't get me wrong grandlund has surprised me with his pre season play but being ahead of Bo come on now....Bo centering two duds in burrows and dorestt does WD want to keep his job?
Let's be real- after the Sedins/Eriksson, they're pretty much all 4th lines.

And if you're looking for a silver lining- With the way WD rolls lines, Bo is probably still going to get his 16mins. There were times last year when the "4th line" played 15+ mins.

Plus it gets him away from tougher matchups, if he really is on the 4th line. He needs a bit of a confidence boost after last year (even with his bump at the end with Bae).
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #1716

^confidence boost on the 4th line.....nope!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #1717
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Well ... Matthews scored his 4 goals on the 3rd line
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #1718
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
^confidence boost on the 4th line.....nope!
Yes because he played his rookie year on the second line. He played with plugs (like he's slated to this year so far) and quickly became the player we're accustomed to seeing. He got extra minutes in an offensively-inclined role last year and pooped the bed. Not only is he getting lesser d-pairings on the fourth line, but also an "easier" opposing center matchup in most cases.

Again I'm not condoning what WD is doing (personally I'd like to see him with another young guy, be it Bae or Virtanen to try and build a duo together). But it's not like Horvat hasn't had success playing limited minutes on the fourth line.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #1719

you know it's slow news day when...

This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #1720
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
that trade also included a 6th round pick
that's the most disappointing thing

normally i'd be ok with the mentality of trading picks/young prospects for players ahead of the curve, IF IT WAS ACTUALLY YIELDING RESULTS, but i think it's safe to say that unless Gudbranson becomes a rock on D and gets Norris mentions, it's going nowhere fast

we piss away picks at a retarded rate for players we're losing at a retarded rate

i could go on and on but the asset management on this team is so fucking bad, I would trust a 10 year old who's played a season of be a GM in any NHL game over the ass monkeys who make decisions on this team
I agree with the 6th round pick but I thought the gudbranson trade was pretty good.

Lost the forsling trade.

Lost the vey trade.

Lost the kassian trade.

Lost the etem trade.

Last two was because of the late round pick added.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #1721
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Bring back #tanknation!!!!
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #1722

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
I agree with the 6th round pick but I thought the gudbranson trade was pretty good.
it's too early to say
i agree it looks good on paper and it addressed one of the teams needs
but actually being good in action? remains to be seen
plus he's due for a contract soon iirc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Bring back #tanknation!!!!
#tanknation never left
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #1723
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Fuck that, I don't want to watch another terrible season just to lose the draft lottery and end up with another decent, but not elite, prospect.

2 out of 3 years is enough.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #1724
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Fuck that, I don't want to watch another terrible season just to lose the draft lottery and end up with another decent, but not elite, prospect.

2 out of 3 years is enough.
That's what happens when you half ass a tank attempt and win games near the end of the season for morale support.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #1725

Getting Vey and Clendening were atrocious trades. Lost Forsling and a 2nd rounder for two scrubs who can't even get claimed on waivers.

Gudbranson trade we will have to see. Need to see how McCann turns out, he could end up being a shitty 3rd liner who gets 25 points a season. I'm OK for that one right now.

Virtanen was the wrong pick. If you are choosing in the top 10, always go for highest skill level. Big bodied local kids can be picked in rounds 2 through 7. Virtanen will never have the same skill level as an Ehlers or Nylander. You need game changers when you pick in the top 10. Virtanen will likely top out as a decent 2nd liner.

The problem with the Canucks right now is they have a lot of young kids, but there isn't a single prospect who can turn this franchise around. Juolovi could end up being another Ekman-Larson or Karlsson, but that is an unknown right now. Their forward group is abysmal. Once the Sedins retire they have absolutely nobody to step in to take their place. How two management groups over the past 10 years have been unable to draft or acquire high-level players is un-acceptable. This team is going to continue to languish for years because they simply do not have any high-end players to push the team back into the playoffs aside from the Sedins. And they cannot do everything themselves.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote