REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:51 AM   #2101
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Murmurs at this point online are that he cleared waivers.

Edit: Friedman confirmed.

If true, Dim Jim strikes again.
Advertisement
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:52 AM   #2102
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Wait, why do we need Etem?
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:56 AM   #2103
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Wait, why do we need Etem?
Claim back a player to send to Utica. Why not?
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #2104
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts

a year or so more of this and this regime will pretty much eclipse the incompetency of the Oilers pre-McDavid.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #2105
My homepage has been set to RS

to not claim etem when canucks have first dibs is a fucking joke! They literally have no one on the farm and could atleast use etem there or even up with the canucks....you well know JV is going to get sent to Utica at some point this season
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2016, 09:19 AM   #2106

Was willing to give Willie the benefit of the doubt the first season, second season i still cut him a little slack and mostly blamed front office for their ineptitude.

This season its abundantly clear that this guy is not an NHL coach and is full of shit. What he said on 1040 today just made me go what the fuck. He says Jake has to play well to show he deserves those minutes, ok fair enough.

His body of work so far this season says otherwise. Gives Horvat little to no offensive starts when he's clearly a stronger offensive center than Henrik fucking Sedin. Throws Dorsett and Burrows completely undeserved minutes. They've been stapled to the defensive zone everytime they're out. Utter inability to motivate or push buttons with a flailing Baertschi. Oh the kicker, this moron thinks Larsen is an NHL player, let alone an NHL PP1 quarterback. No wonder our pp fucking sucks. A fucking six year old playing NHL 17 could tinker and come up with a better PP strategy.

How can you expect Virtanen to believe your horse shit when Horvat is playing like a top 6 forward and is being treated like a bottom six plug. Fuck you Willie.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #2107
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
atleast jake virtanin fucked a celebrity (chloe moretz)

too bad she has no ass

bo hovart treated as a bottom 6? fire willie

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:42 AM   #2108

Canucks didn't pick up Etem according to Twitter.

Odd since they could have put him in the minors. I guess they really see no value with him anymore.

Neither Paajarvi or McIlrath are worth a waiver wire pickup.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:52 AM   #2109
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
McIlrath definitely is worth claiming.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #2110

I would pick them both up! Take a flyer on both team can control their rights since they will be RFA's at the end of the season. Put beiga on waivers, should have picked up etem and put him in the minors since the comets suck and need help, keep puljarvi up see what he can do another young guy with somewhat talent. If he doesn't pan out send him to Utica....
Old 10-27-2016, 10:10 AM   #2111

Guys, we can't just expect Jimbo to pick anyone up on waivers.

He doesn't understand the concept of getting players without giving up a pick.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2016, 11:23 AM   #2112
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
MPS pl0x
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #2113

kassian trade loses a draft pick
etem trade loses a draft pick
McCann trade loses 2 draft picks
vey trade loses a draft pick
sven trade loses a draft pick

Im most likely missing more but JB trades in practically 90% of the trades he does he ships out a pick/picks and this is the guy who is scout first and GM second. I know what he is trying to do he is trying to get guys who are "ready" now and trying to make the playoffs like the owners want. So far the canucks are still shit and prospects that are ready to go are few an far between. Just look at Utica there isn't really a viable option down there they could call up who would impact. The only guy would be an option would be demko (not ready yet), subban (wont give the guy a chance) and possibly lebate. Instead they call guys up like magna and zelweski. Stecher is an exception since he shouldn't have been sent down in the first place.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #2114
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
A real "reset" of this franchise will only happen when Aquaman sells the team to an owner who hires a competent GM.

I don't buy this "full autonomy" bullshit from Aquaman for one minute. Yes, Dim Jim is not a good GM when it comes to managing players, and very questionable trading ability. I just think that the this franchise needs to clean house by having a new owner who doesn't meddle in hockey related decisions.

We need a new owner who hires a different GM. A GM who has a good blueprint for building a championship contender, knows how to make good trades, and has a good team of scouts to build from the draft.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
Just look at Utica there isn't really a viable option down there they could call up who would impact.
lol I honestly feel bad for Green.
The guy literally has nothing to work with in Utica.

It's basically an all 4th line team with an all bottom pairing D without Stecher.

In contrast, despite our bitching and moaning, Willie has a relatively decent amount of pieces he can play with and with the right tactics could produce solid results.

ie. Hansen with the twins when line juggling, more o-zone starts for bottom 6, re-worked pp strategy, more o-zone ice time/longer leash for JV18 if they insist on keeping him up here

But nope, his system is predictable, bland and always a step behind. At this point, I hope the pop gun offence continues along with the losing streak so he'll hopefully be canned by December.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2016, 02:42 PM   #2116
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
A real "reset" of this franchise will only happen when Aquaman sells the team to an owner who hires a competent GM.

I don't buy this "full autonomy" bullshit from Aquaman for one minute. Yes, Dim Jim is not a good GM when it comes to managing players, and very questionable trading ability. I just think that the this franchise needs to clean house by having a new owner who doesn't meddle in hockey related decisions.

We need a new owner who hires a different GM. A GM who has a good blueprint for building a championship contender, knows how to make good trades, and has a good team of scouts to build from the draft.
As much as I agree with you on the Aquaman thing, lets get one thing straight: the Vancouver fanbase is fickle. Ergo, he'll never allow the team to pull a Leafs or Sabres.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #2117
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
kassian trade loses a draft pick
etem trade loses a draft pick
McCann trade loses 2 draft picks
vey trade loses a draft pick
sven trade loses a draft pick

Im most likely missing more but JB trades in practically 90% of the trades he does he ships out a pick/picks and this is the guy who is scout first and GM second. I know what he is trying to do he is trying to get guys who are "ready" now and trying to make the playoffs like the owners want. So far the canucks are still shit and prospects that are ready to go are few an far between. Just look at Utica there isn't really a viable option down there they could call up who would impact. The only guy would be an option would be demko (not ready yet), subban (wont give the guy a chance) and possibly lebate. Instead they call guys up like magna and zelweski. Stecher is an exception since he shouldn't have been sent down in the first place.
The Sven and Gudbranson trade wasn't that bad or at least we need more time to tell if it's a good trade or not.

If Sven is able to continue to build that 1-2 punch with Bo, I think a 2nd rounder is pretty good for him. I doubt we're able to draft anyone like Sven with a 2nd round pick anyways.

Gudbranson trade still looks pretty good or at least even so far. With the way the team is being coached, I don't know if McCann will do any good here. He's not doing that well either on Florida. At least we got a top 4 defenceman out of it.

Vey/ Etem / Kassian trades are bad gambles by management.

As much as you can trash dim jim, in the past 3 drafts, he's able to draft more solid hockey players than Gillis era.

Virtanen, Boeser, Demko, McCann (Gudbranson), Shinkaruk (Granlund), Tryamkin, Juolevi, Forsling (Sutter lol),

We had what from Gillis era who's playing in the NHL today?

Gaunce I believe? Rodin? Connaughton? Corrado>?
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #2118
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

As long as the Sedins are still playing here, this team will never rebuild/reset/whatever re word you wanna use.
Blah_Teggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #2119

wouldnt he have to still clear waivers if the canucks claimed him and wanted to send him down? he hasnt cleared before this so it could of just turned into him being claimed constantly and not being sent down
Old 10-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #2120
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
McIlrath definitely is worth claiming.
We could definitely use more RH defencemen.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #2121
Need my Daily Fix of RS

btw can Brock Boeser end up somewhere else at the end of this season when he's done with UND? Does he have rights to say no to a contract offer from the Nucks? I'd be choked if he dips out and goes to a cup contending team, or Deadmonton. LOL
tr0ubl3s0m3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:02 PM   #2122

^ has to play full 4 years in college before he can opt out. atm id say 95% he arrives here next year. 4% chance und is out early, and he gets games this year. 1% he goes and sucks connors balls while potting 30+ a year
Old 10-27-2016, 09:45 PM   #2123

I'm just stating that practically every trade JB does good or bad involves a draft pick..
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2016, 11:09 PM   #2124
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
speaking of the Sedins, does it bug anyone else here that they always coast to the bench at the end of shifts? HUSTLE TO THE DAMN BENCH.
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:31 PM   #2125
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
speaking of the Sedins, does it bug anyone else here that they always coast to the bench at the end of shifts? HUSTLE TO THE DAMN BENCH.
They gave all they got to this shitty franchise, they are gassed out giving everything they got on the line. Give them a break for the GOAT canucks

Canucks are ruining Jake Virtanen's development
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: