REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

why is canada post so bad?

first of all, I have no respect for this courier company. We all know they cannot compete with Fedex, or DHL in terms of parcels. and now they are failing to even deliver regular mail. I have lost so many registered mail via canada post its super suspicious. now, they dont even deliver mail anymore. And its all super random delivery times too. They deliver 2 times per week to my apartment, and 3 times a week to my other apartment, and 5 days a week to my detached house. It seems like they like to serve houses more than apartment complexes.
also the amount trash mail they spew out is literally disgusting. i have to check my all my boxes every week or else it get too full.
can someone explain why they can operate so badly and still be in business?
Advertisement
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Should've used China Post
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
inb4 it's the end user not the service

CP ain't awesome but IMO they DESTROY fedex, DHL, and whatever other shitty private company can you can name.

i also trust USPS over private companies too.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Is it just me or did anyone notice mail comes a lot faster now? Especially between Vancouver and Ontario? I mailed something on Monday and it got there on wednesday
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
because you touch yourself at night.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:06 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
Is it just me or did anyone notice mail comes a lot faster now? Especially between Vancouver and Ontario? I mailed something on Monday and it got there on wednesday
not here. 90% of Tracking numbers don't work on canadapost tracking website. despite being registered.
Of the ones that do track, it shows the shipment is sitting somewhere for over 2 weeks with no updates.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-14-2016, 02:06 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Canada post has been great for me. Always receive my mail on time or earlier - until last month where my parcels would get sent to my neighbour...contacted them and hopefully it's fixed now

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Canada post always leave my package on the side of the house or just straight in front of the front door. They don't even bother to knock anymore! Is like I won't even know I have package till i check online and see it was deliver...... While at home waiting.......
I try to file a complain but their system is so bad I just give up. No issue with UPS at all.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Canada post always leave my package on the side of the house or just straight in front of the front door. They don't even bother to knock anymore! Is like I won't even know I have package till i check online and see it was deliver...... While at home waiting.......
I try to file a complain but their system is so bad I just give up. No issue with UPS at all.
Yes, same thing happened to me. How hard is it to ring the frickin door bell!
Old 06-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
really depends on the person
sometimes they straight up just leave it, sometimes they leave a notice, sometimes they knock and then leave it
if its an amazon package they'll usually call me and ask if its ok to leave at the front door

Purolator and UPS are straight up fucking garbage
so many fuckin times they marked something as "attempted delivery" when they clearly didn't cus i was at home anticipating the damn thing
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #11
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
If you can, get stuff delivered to your work. If it gets delivered to my condo, 90% of the time I'll have to go to the post office to pick it up because it needs signature. There's always someone at reception. I never miss a package.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:48 PM   #12
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post

swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #13
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Never had any problems with Canada Post and the delivery man for my neighborhood is awesome.
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #14
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
first of all, I have no respect for this courier company. We all know they cannot compete with Fedex, or DHL in terms of parcels. and now they are failing to even deliver regular mail. I have lost so many registered mail via canada post its super suspicious. now, they dont even deliver mail anymore. And its all super random delivery times too. They deliver 2 times per week to my apartment, and 3 times a week to my other apartment, and 5 days a week to my detached house. It seems like they like to serve houses more than apartment complexes.
also the amount trash mail they spew out is literally disgusting. i have to check my all my boxes every week or else it get too full.

How about you fuck off you ignorant piece of shit. I don't care if your a troll or just actually this ridiculous of a human being, I can't stand your shit anymore.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #15

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Quote:
first of all, I have no respect for this courier company. We all know they cannot compete with Fedex, or DHL in terms of parcels. and now they are failing to even deliver regular mail. I have lost so many registered mail via canada post its super suspicious. now, they dont even deliver mail anymore. And its all super random delivery times too. They deliver 2 times per week to my MOM's apartment, and 3 times a week to my MOM's other apartment, and 5 days a week to my MOM's detached house. It seems like they like to serve houses more than apartment complexes.
FIXED
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #16
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
No issue with UPS at all.
You don't consider ripping people off for every cent they can on an international package an issue?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #17
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
You think canada post is bad?! Try purolator. I missed a package at 6am on a fucking friday morning, fuck I was still asleep before work. So, earliest I can pick up a package is monday at 11:30am because the driver parked and "leaves the [fucking] packages in the truck after his shift" quoted from the purolator store on marine and byrne. Wtf. So they just leave shit in a barely secured truck? At least canada post drops their shit off to the closest post office to pick up on most days-of if i missed a package. I want purolator to fucking burn in hell. Canada post isn't too bad already...
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #18
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
If you didn't know, Amazon's contract with Canada Post ended and the majority will be delivered by Purolator. You will see more of them if you order a lot from Amazon.
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #19

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
It happens to you because you're an Asian Gululu. You should sue Canada post for being racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coren View Post
If you didn't know, Amazon has switched their major courier from Canada Post to Purolator. You will see more of them if you order a lot from Amazon.
WAIT, WHAT? WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT. Purolator blows chunks! they're so bad... ugh amazon, why you gotta screw us like this.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2016, 04:35 PM   #20
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
as a courier for FedEx, here is my view on why ppl leave packages without knocking

If i have a commitment time to deliver 20 packages by 12pm, and my average is 9 per hour, and i leave my station at at 10am, there is no possible way i can make all 20 commits in the 2hour span while i wait 30-45 seconds at a door to see if its going to be answered or not. Im guessing couriers chose their battle whether they wait or not depending on how busy they are.

do couriers leave packages without knocking or waiting around because theyre lazy and dont want to wait ? probably
do couriers leave packages without knocking or waiting around because they want to finish faster so they can go home? probably
do couriers leave packages without knocking or waiting around to cut down time and not get "talked too" because they didnt hit their parcels commit times ? probably
do couriers leave packages without knocking or waiting around because after they finish their route, they have to go and help somewhere else? probably i certainly do.

There are many reasons why some ppl leave it and not knock, and many reasons why some of us ring your door and knock at the same time (even if you believe ringing the doorbell is enough)

Sometimes, im sure couriers leave the package at your door to save you the hassle and time of coming all the way to our stations to pick it up

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #21
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You don't consider ripping people off for every cent they can on an international package an issue?
Is funny coz this happens to me a few co workers as well. So we have our stuff delivery to work and the delivery guy ask for customs fee which is fine but we only have cash and he doesn't take cash. So few months down the road we got a bill from them going to work so we call and ask them what it is for. Pretty sure we know what it is for. So we explain to the guy on the phone we are willing to pay at the time but the delivery guy refuse to take our money.

In the end we never had to pay a penny and we still package delivery to us.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #22
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
If you didn't know, Amazon's contract with Canada Post ended and the majority will be delivered by Purolator. You will see more of them if you order a lot from Amazon.
Doesn't Amazon use their own thing now? Shows up at AMZCA with a tracking # that starts with TBC.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:42 PM   #23
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Doesn't Amazon use their own thing now? Shows up at AMZCA with a tracking # that starts with TBC.
Amazon started using their own thing for some apartments. But the majority is still delivered by other couriers. Eventually they will probably have a delivery network big enough that they don't need to outsource
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #24
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Amazon started using their own thing for some apartments. But the majority is still delivered by other couriers. Eventually they will probably have a delivery network big enough that they don't need to outsource
My last handful of amazon orders came from AMZCA and delivered to a single family home fyi. So I guess its already happening.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:16 PM   #25
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,252 Posts
amzca is probably cheetah transport

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote