REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #26
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Disappearing like Jack's Loft and the street racing days.
wow............................................
Advertisement
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #27
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Theres a reason we moved boob meats back to tuesdays.

It's been fun watching this gongshow, but the people that run and attend have no concept of what private property or keeping something low key is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 09:10 AM   #28
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
Theres a reason we moved boob meats back to tuesdays.

It's been fun watching this gongshow, but the people that run and attend have no concept of what private property or keeping something low key is.
They are kids what else can you expect? Were you much different at 19-25?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-17-2016, 09:17 AM   #29
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Yeah.

I went to car shows, and I started the boob meats before I was 25.

We didnt tolerate any of the bullshit that happens at thursday meets, and we picked up our trash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #30
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, but that excuse is bull shit. If you were a parent and if your kids trashed the house, would you excuse your kids because they are just being "kids". Habits form and they are lasting. If you let your kids trash someone else's house and leave it for someone else to pick up, what then?

Guess what? If they don't behave something's gonna get taken away. I expect people to clean up after themselves, is that really something so fucking difficult to expect these days?

ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #31
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Many on here are younger than 25, and not all act like idiots.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #33
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Sorry, but that excuse is bull shit. If you were a parent and if your kids trashed the house, would you excuse your kids because they are just being "kids". Habits form and they are lasting. If you let your kids trash someone else's house and leave it for someone else to pick up, what then?

Guess what? If they don't behave something's gonna get taken away. I expect people to clean up after themselves, is that really something so fucking difficult to expect these days?
Maybe I'm alone but I have a very cynical view of millennials. I would wager and say the "mature" crowd is pretty much a minority.

Last edited by Expresso; 06-17-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-17-2016, 03:33 PM   #34
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I thought I was mature when I was 19-25 and now that I'm 35 I realize how much of an idiot I could be back then..

Sadly I'll probably look back at my 35 year old self in 10 years and feel the same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Queensborough meet was shut down by police last night. Culprits were ass hats in Mustangs revving according to fb
Old 06-17-2016, 06:28 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
they were 1 second away from starting a burn-out contest...srs.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #37
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Lol

I often stop by Market Crossing on my way home from work to get groceries, ice caps, or smokes at LD. Got sick of getting stared down like I was some fuckboy who attends those meets, and made a mini rant on fb about it.

Someone screen shot it, and posted it to one of those fb groups to throw me under the bus. Bitch is crazy. I think meme405 and entrax replied to it. Don't know what came of it since I'm not in that fb group.

Does make me curious though. If someone could screenshot it and post it here it'd be greaaat. I wonder if it's the same kids who complain that there's not enough notice given before a RS spring/Summer meet. Last Sunday of March, same with August depending on show season. Its been like this for 15 years.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:22 PM   #38
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Do you remember what group it was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #39
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
It's either Thursday night meets or van city meets.

Dunno.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #40
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Ahh ok, nvm. I'm not a member of either of those groups. I was going to see if I could find it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #41
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Lol

I often stop by Market Crossing on my way home from work to get groceries, ice caps, or smokes at LD. Got sick of getting stared down like I was some fuckboy who attends those meets, and made a mini rant on fb about it.

Someone screen shot it, and posted it to one of those fb groups to throw me under the bus. Bitch is crazy. I think meme405 and entrax replied to it. Don't know what came of it since I'm not in that fb group.

Does make me curious though. If someone could screenshot it and post it here it'd be greaaat. I wonder if it's the same kids who complain that there's not enough notice given before a RS spring/Summer meet. Last Sunday of March, same with August depending on show season. Its been like this for 15 years.
Done
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #42
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
Done
I think he wants you to find the FB post he was originally referring to and post it here on RS so that he can see what the comments say.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:14 PM   #43
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Lol

I remember that, It was on either Thursday Night meets or VCC. Good luck finding it though, it was months ago, and the only way I can think is to just keep scrolling back until you see it. lol. Maybe someone can try to search using the original post and see if FB can find it, but if it was a screen shot then you are probably not gonna be lucky.

As for it being the same people that complain about the RS meets timing, it almost definitely is partly the same ones. Realistically it's like the same ~20 people posting and commenting on every post on VCC, and it's those same people that are always critical of RS. They will learn eventually, most of the active people on these groups are brand new to the scene (like within the last couple years).

Honestly the slow decline of forums, and the new age of FB car groups taking over makes me ache for the future. Gone are the days of solid DIY's, people helping each other out with detailed information, and interesting forum topics. These days it's all just people who have nothing useful to add, or post something they did with their car, but don't want to help anyone else with anything. It's fucking disgusting. It honestly all stems back to this social media crazed world we have created, where E-Fame trumps having actual friends.

I remember driving around for hours, or spending weekends helping someone with something on their car, most of the time someone I had originally met through the forums. I remember when I fried a fuel pump on my Sierra, and had someone I only knew through the forums, come get me, went to lordco picked up a new pump, and then helped me install it on the side of the road.

I hope this next group of enthusiasts who come up on Instagram and FB learn the value in helping each other out, instead of just focusing on "Killing the game" < a saying which I absolutely dread.

EDIT: On a slightly related note I saw this:

Now I don't know if this is true, but I bet it is given how most people know RS more than they know other local sources.

What exactly did the kid posting this want RS to do? Of course their gonna say they want nothing to do with it, the meet has nothing to do with this site, and it has been the bain of their existence for the last two years. This community spends an awful lot of time trying to be better, and reduce the fear among non-enthusiasts when 1000 cars pour into their neighborhood for some meet, and these meets went in the completely opposite direction, they made the community look terrible, so why would RS want to associate itself with that?

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 06-18-2016 at 12:26 PM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #44
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I don't get why anyone thinks there entitled to have any meets in these public places. Doesn't matter if you do dumb shit or not, if they say no, it means no.

"The management at market crossing are a bunch of idiots".

No, you're a fucking idiot. Now go cry somewhere else
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #45
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
Quote:
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I think he wants you to find the FB post he was originally referring to and post it here on RS so that he can see what the comments say.
Here you go it got bumped back to the top lol

Spoiler!
Old 06-18-2016, 05:09 PM   #46
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I remember that, It was on either Thursday Night meets or VCC. Good luck finding it though, it was months ago, and the only way I can think is to just keep scrolling back until you see it. lol. Maybe someone can try to search using the original post and see if FB can find it, but if it was a screen shot then you are probably not gonna be lucky.

As for it being the same people that complain about the RS meets timing, it almost definitely is partly the same ones. Realistically it's like the same ~20 people posting and commenting on every post on VCC, and it's those same people that are always critical of RS. They will learn eventually, most of the active people on these groups are brand new to the scene (like within the last couple years).

Honestly the slow decline of forums, and the new age of FB car groups taking over makes me ache for the future. Gone are the days of solid DIY's, people helping each other out with detailed information, and interesting forum topics. These days it's all just people who have nothing useful to add, or post something they did with their car, but don't want to help anyone else with anything. It's fucking disgusting. It honestly all stems back to this social media crazed world we have created, where E-Fame trumps having actual friends.

I remember driving around for hours, or spending weekends helping someone with something on their car, most of the time someone I had originally met through the forums. I remember when I fried a fuel pump on my Sierra, and had someone I only knew through the forums, come get me, went to lordco picked up a new pump, and then helped me install it on the side of the road.

I hope this next group of enthusiasts who come up on Instagram and FB learn the value in helping each other out, instead of just focusing on "Killing the game" < a saying which I absolutely dread.

But bro, how else is the new crop of "enthusiast" going to kill the game with their "build" of eBay coilovers set as low as they can go, with wheels that have incredibly questionable fitment, and their instagram handle as a windshield banner.

Frankly, this new crop of people constantly referring to social media and relying on follower count to validate their popularity is like you said, disgusting. It used to be getting to know the person behind the car, now most don't care who you are unless you have 300 million followers on Instatwitterbook.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #47
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
Said it 25 years ago and I'll say it again today

I'd much rather talk to the friendly smart guy who shows up in a rusted out Ford Taurus than the douche who shows up in the 993 Turbo and only wants to talk about his car, and himself.

---

The car just becomes the extension of the owner's already blatant narcissism. I waste no time on these bitches.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #48
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Anyone watch CTV news, just watch the late night news and we looks like we made the news lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2016, 11:42 PM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Said it 25 years ago and I'll say it again today

I'd much rather talk to the friendly smart guy who shows up in a rusted out Ford Taurus than the douche who shows up in the 993 Turbo and only wants to talk about his car, and himself.
Frankly, it's quite the opposite. Feel free to show up to any Weissach/Porsche of Langley Cars & Coffee event and find out yourself.

I found the Thursday meets were filled with your douchebags in the rusted out Taurus who only want to talk about themselves, thinking they and their cars are *the* big thing.

Fuck that. There's a huge group of genuine enthusiasts who stopped going cause of this exact bullshit and asshattery.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:30 AM   #50
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
Anyone watch CTV news, just watch the late night news and we looks like we made the news lol
Controversial Burnaby car meet cancelled | CTV Vancouver News
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote