REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Wings Restaurants (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709298-wings-restaurants.html)

ijaz_97 06-18-2016 02:28 PM

Wings Restaurants

Anyone here been here and tried the Bobby wing (the spiciest wing in Canada apparently)? Went yesterday and fuck is it spicy. One bite of the Bobby wing and it ruined the rest of the meal for me. My lips were burning for a solid hour and it wasn't pleasant on the way out this morning either.

Eatman 06-18-2016 02:37 PM

Which location did you go to?
my friends and I shared a dozen bobby wings and it wasn't too bad. There's heat for sure, but it wasn't as deadly as some have described it.

I'm thinking heat may vary by location, I'll be trying the one in coquitlam next.

ijaz_97 06-18-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eatman (Post 8764826)
Which location did you go to?
my friends and I shared a dozen bobby wings and it wasn't too bad. There's heat for sure, but it wasn't as deadly as some have described it.

I'm thinking heat may vary by location, I'll be trying the one in coquitlam next.

I went to the one on Granville. I agree with you, it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be but it was still definitely too spicy for comfort.

evil_jigglypuff 06-18-2016 03:49 PM

I had Bobby wings recently at the Coquitlam location and I find it wasn't as spicy as I remembered back maybe 5 years ago. I remember it being more wet too. I didn't even needed the milk they give. I would down the whole glass of milk before just after having one..

k3mps 06-18-2016 11:08 PM

I always found the bobby wing at the Coquitlam location to be a mildly hotter buffalo wing. Never had a problem eating those.

The one on kingsway however..

Vansterdam 06-19-2016 01:08 AM

I thought it was spicy as fuck when I had it like 8+ years ago in Surrey

had it last year at the kingsway location and it didnt even phase me lol. it wasent saucy at all and kinda dry. I think thats what makes it spicy or not.

I also eat pretty spicy btw.

also had the most spicy wings at the Pint (my fave go-to spot for wings) and that didnt even phase me either :fuckthatshit:

my next spicy challenge will be that ramen thing on Davie

KOIKA RED RAMEN CHALLENGE (恋歌レッドラーメン)
If you enjoy pushing your taste buds to the limit, try our spicy Koika Red Ramen! There are three levels of spiciness, and if you can down an entire serving of Level 3 Spiciness ramen in 15 minutes, you get the ramen for free, your picture on the 'Wall of Flame', and a certificate of completion! Ask your server for more details.
Level 1: Spicefever
Level 2: Caboom
Level 3: Burning in Hell (free soft drink)

Hondaracer 06-19-2016 08:43 AM

the pints hottest wings arent too bad, its kind of nice because they are a dry rub though, so a little different.

few months ago we went to the coquitlam wings location and ordered a few bobby wings, yea fuck.. pretty hot.. then the waitress came back and asked if we wanted to try the "uncle bobby" a hotter version of the bobby wing, and yep.. it was hotter alright lol

4 of us split 1 wing and fuck it was agony for about 30 minutes

impulseX 06-20-2016 12:33 PM

had it at the Kingsway/Griffiths location a few years back. ate one and was not fun to say the least

ZN6 06-20-2016 02:57 PM

My buddy had 4, he was sweating like a waterfall. Wetnaps do not get rid of the infectious burn from your finger tips, he kept wiping his sweat away with his wrists but then he got some of it in his eyes and cried for 20 minutes. He then proceeded to washroom, soaped and washed his hands before he took a piss. Though he washed it all. Nope. Came out and his exact words were "Fuck, my dick is on fire, this is what herpes must feel like."

I had one bobby wing, I was smarter and used a fork like a gentleman. Does not burn for the first 30 seconds, then it sets in hard.

Hondaracer 06-20-2016 05:03 PM

hottest wings and probably the hottest thing i've ever aten were the "insanity" wings at Samz pub in langley.. i highly doubt these were the ones they made for very long though, and they are definitely back to being mild as they apparently were before

I ordered a dozen thinking i was hard core and it was going to be no problem, upon ordering them we saw the chef stick his head out the door to look at the table that ordered them, probably first sign i had made a mistake

He then came over to our table and made sure we wanted them, he said they had been having a lot of people coming in and eating them and going out of their way to complain how the "insanity" wings were not hot at all. So he started making the sauce by simmering canned ghost chilli's and wearing a respirator while doing it

hmm ok.. we'll still try them, how bad can it be?

When they came they looked to be like a molten color.. i quickly ate one, then two more for good measure, quickly eating them barely tasting the initial hit of sauce.

For the next probably, hour and a bit i was in agony, as in i'll pay $500 to have this end right now if it was possible. after about half hour i didnt have to sqiurm in my chair anymore but then my head started spinning like i was on drugs, literally an out of body type experience legs felt super heavy, head was floating in the clouds, it was fucked

few of my buddies basically touched their finger to the sauce and licked it and 2 minutes later were walking up and down the street outside trying to get air lol

shit was fuckeddddd

JHatta 06-20-2016 05:06 PM

Damn, I wonder if you can special order them again...They are def not spicy anymore.

punkwax 06-20-2016 05:42 PM

The original head chef at Big Ridge (before they moved) was named Charlie. A friend of mine was his apprentice and you could order Charlie Charlie Wings, which weren't on the menu.

We ordered some. Habanero based IIRC so nothing crazy like ghost peppers (which sounds like what Honda may have experienced) but holy shit they were hot. I ate about 6.. didn't feel the heat until I stopped eating then was in agony for at least an hour or two afterward..

Several hours later I went to bed.. must've washed my hands 10 times after I ate them but nope, fingertips were still spicy as fuck. I wear contacts. Took them out and set my eyeballs on fire.

Next morning too! Wasn't smart enough to just throw those lenses away. Shit! :facepalm:

westopher 06-20-2016 05:57 PM

Lol the contact thing.
The bobby wings are not that spicy. For a place as shitty as wings though, they are pretty good.
Hottest wings I have ever had were a place called coast to coast in Edmonton. If you ate a full order you get free wings and 3 pints every wednesday for a year. I got through 3 or 4 and ended up puking at the table. My body literally rejected them. I've eaten a whole ghost pepper before, and while it didn't feel good, it was tolerable, so that gives you something to compare them to.

nabs 06-20-2016 06:23 PM

I saw some guys puking in the washroom at Wings on granville in DT. Like were choking bad. lol.

Hondaracer 06-20-2016 07:45 PM

lol fuck

dlo 06-20-2016 07:56 PM

i cant handle spicy too well so i dont even bother lol
i dont see why people, knowingly know its that spicy and yet try it.. they usually complain about not being able to taste after etc etc but hey, u decided to eat em hahah

westopher 06-20-2016 08:00 PM

People like spicy food, lots just don't know their limitations.
Its like how people like to drink, yet have a few too many and feel like shit.

Gucci Mane 06-20-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8765391)
People like spicy food, lots just don't know their limitations.
Its like how people like to drink, yet have a few too many and feel like shit.

i love my spice and also know my limitations quite well. sometimes though, i just randomly feel like i want to be put through a challenge and sweat my ass off from something that grows out of the ground. its dope!

JHatta 06-20-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidish (Post 8765394)
i love my spice and also know my limitations quite well. sometimes though, i just randomly feel like i want to be put through a challenge and sweat my ass off from something that grows out of the ground. its dope!

Hahaha reminds me of the episode of first we feast with sean evans and chili klaus when they ate the carolina reaper. This clip makes me laugh every. single. time.

Hondaracer 06-20-2016 09:56 PM

There is some sort weird pleasure in the pain as well

CivicBlues 06-21-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8765328)
hottest wings and probably the hottest thing i've ever aten were the "insanity" wings at Samz pub in langley.. i highly doubt these were the ones they made for very long though, and they are definitely back to being mild as they apparently were before

I ordered a dozen thinking i was hard core and it was going to be no problem, upon ordering them we saw the chef stick his head out the door to look at the table that ordered them, probably first sign i had made a mistake

He then came over to our table and made sure we wanted them, he said they had been having a lot of people coming in and eating them and going out of their way to complain how the "insanity" wings were not hot at all. So he started making the sauce by simmering canned ghost chilli's and wearing a respirator while doing it

hmm ok.. we'll still try them, how bad can it be?

When they came they looked to be like a molten color.. i quickly ate one, then two more for good measure, quickly eating them barely tasting the initial hit of sauce.

For the next probably, hour and a bit i was in agony, as in i'll pay $500 to have this end right now if it was possible. after about half hour i didnt have to sqiurm in my chair anymore but then my head started spinning like i was on drugs, literally an out of body type experience legs felt super heavy, head was floating in the clouds, it was fucked

few of my buddies basically touched their finger to the sauce and licked it and 2 minutes later were walking up and down the street outside trying to get air lol

shit was fuckeddddd

Shoulda done this bro

http://i.imgur.com/64eLvB7.jpg