REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #26
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by induction_eg6 View Post
who doesn't love Trudeau?! Seriously!
Is this a trick question?
I'm thinking that pretty much anyone who can see through his fairytale lies doesn't like him. He's just like any politician, except he has a pretty face. His first six months in office have been nothing more than waste of time and tax payer's money. His response to ISIS, his changing of the law to protect the rights of terrorists, and his inane desire for photo ops shows that he is a donkey with no clear direction. He built his platform on legalized marijuana, combined with the notion that he was not Harper. And Canadians ate it up. Albeit mostly young voters, who frankly have no clue what they're doing.

Trudeau is a fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
hes not that famous compared to obama or any elite politician, only famous for his looks!
Srsly? He's the leader of a G7 nation. Canada is one of most powerful countries in the world, and he is our figurehead. But he's only famous for his looks?

Please, just log out before your ignorance spreads to others.
Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:11 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Is this a trick question?
I'm thinking that pretty much anyone who can see through his fairytale lies doesn't like him. He's a liar with a pretty face, and his first six months in office have been nothing more than waste of time and tax payer's money.

huh? legalizing weed, working on vancouver's real estate which harper corrupted ass fucked us over with? transit fixes to vancouver from his federal government? A new tax bracket for >$200,000 income? taxing the rich basically. Withdrawn fighters from iraq / syria? Trying to restore Canada's economy that harper destroyed?

ok der

edit: Canada was going downhill so fast with Harper on hand, doubt Harper would of done anything to fix real estate prices here

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Lets also not forget the re opening of the Kitsilano Coast Guard station and the new Canadian pension plan deal.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I'm so eating lunch like a king or Prime Minister today, this post makes me Hungry McDonalds here I come. I'll be at Port Kells McDicks if any of you are looking for a photo op with me.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #30
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
huh? legalizing weed,
strike one.

Trudeau government officially rules out decriminalizing marijuana before legalization | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

Quote:
“Until legalization legislation is put through, the current laws and the way it is now will stay in place,” Andrew MacKendrick told the Straight. “So the laws and current laws around marijuana would stay and must be obeyed.”
Quote:
working on vancouver's real estate which harper corrupted ass fucked us over with?
Are you serious?
The prices in the country were rising at the time Harper was in power. But it wasn't until Trudeau was voted in that prices went insane.

that's strike two...

-----

Quote:
transit fixes to vancouver from his federal government?
The Hwy one project, along with a number of rail overpasses were built under the CPC gov't. Since Trudeau has come into power, they have signed a $750 million agreement. But it's us who are paying for it, not the feds.

Quote:
A month ago, in an effort to come to an agreement in order to get the federal dollars, mayors made major concessions.

They offered to increase property taxes by $3 on average, increase fares by 2 per cent, contribute $100-million worth of profits from land sales, and add a new charge on developments that would be dedicated to transit.

In return, they asked the province to contribute $50-million of the carbon-tax revenues collected from local residents, which now goes to give rebates to residents outside the Lower Mainland, and a promise to move toward mobility pricing to pay for transit. (Mobility pricing can mean a lot of things, from tolls to zone charges to mileage charges or a combination.)
All praise to dear leader!
Also, strike three for you.

Quote:
A new tax bracket for >$200,000 income? taxing the rich basically.

Way to go Trudeau.
The worst thing about this is that even if you make $200k/yr, you still can't afford a house in Vancouver. Tax the rich? Maybe in Winnipeg. But in Vancouver or Toronto, you need to make this to compete with foreign money.

That's strike four, you're on a roll!

Quote:
Withdrawn fighters from iraq / syria?
Withdrawing our troops basically allowed ISIS to take control of those regions. Thanks again Trudeau.

Strike five.

Quote:
Trying to restore Canada's economy that harper destroyed?
We had some of our best years under Harper.

But since Trudeau took over.......

Outside of that nasty blip in 2008 when the US economy crumbled, you see a steady unemployment decline. That is, until Trudeau took over.

So feel free to stick your strawman arguments, and your fails, right up your sphincter.

This post FAILED by:
Old 06-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
This is the kind of shit that passes as news these days?

Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #32
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
This is the kind of shit that passes as news these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A
Yep.

Woman in Chewbacca mask sets the record for most-viewed Facebook Live post ever - Trending - CBC News
Old 06-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
From some of your posts it sounds like you guys don't think Trudeau is a big effing deal. He is the Prime Minister of our great country.

If I ever saw him in real life, I would get super excited. He's the PM for goodness sakes. I would like to think if Trudeau went anywhere in Canada, he should have a HUGE fan fair. I would definitely ask to take a selfie with him.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #34
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Fan Fair = Fanfare?

It's a play on words, yah?

Trudeau Mania II

I remember the first one. Then there was our very own, Margaret (nuff said).
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:07 PM   #35
HELP ME PLS!!!

Trudeau's been in power for like 8 months. Harper had almost 10 years.

To truly know what effects he'll have on our country, it'll probably be another 10.

So far, by the looks of it. Spending, lots and lots of spending. On the surface it may look fool hardy, but if it builds the foundations of a strong economy, I'd be behind it. Too bad that we'll have to wait for us to see things in hind sight to know.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #36

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
I don't really have an enough of an opinion on any of your other points,

But this one about weed legalization, like come on man, it takes time to properly put that sort of legislation in place.
This government has come right out and said they have committed to full legalization within their term.
I'm glad they're not going with a shitty stop-gap measure of decriminalization and saying it's going to be full legalization, it gives them absolutely no excuse to back-track on this promise.

Come back to this thread in 4 years. If it hasn't happened by then, we can say that they've failed (I'll never vote Liberal again)
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:37 PM   #37
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
We had some of our best years under Harper.

Harper must've been part of OPEC or some sort of Oil Cartel. All he needs to do is flip a switch and prices will fall.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:00 AM   #38
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Lets also not forget the re opening of the Kitsilano Coast Guard station and the new Canadian pension plan deal.

So Justin is taking his own trust fund money to increase CPP ? Wonderful....oh, wait...he will be increasing taxes and CPP deductions from your pay cheque to "give us more CPP money". Anything you "get" from the Govt is taken from you or somebody else in the first place. Some of us are both "getting" CPP AND paying into it at the same time.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 AM   #39

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I'd get more excitement finding an old Cheeto under my couch cushion than I would seeing Justin Trudeau in person.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2016, 04:34 PM   #40
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

You'd think he'd go to a Tim Hortons instead...
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:32 PM   #41
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I'd get more excitement finding an old Cheeto under my couch cushion than I would seeing Justin Trudeau in person.
Don't lie. If you saw him in real life, your heart rate would increase, I guarantee it.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:57 PM   #42
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Don't lie. If you saw him in real life, your heart rate would increase, I guarantee it.
With rage...

Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:31 AM   #43
RS Peace Officer

Quote:

OOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo is he wearing a man-bun under his FN headress these days?
Old 06-23-2016, 06:23 AM   #44

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Sorry but there's nothing exciting about a prime minister. If by get excited you mean I'd look at what the commotion was about then sure, he'd grab my attention more than an average Joe. I'm not the kind of person to gather in a crowd for the chance of a selfie with someone though.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #45
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Lifting Mexican visa rules runs counter to official advice - Politics - CBC News

Perhaps Justin hasn't read the following;

Backgrounder - The Visa Requirement for Mexico

BBC News - Canada toughens its visa demands

Don't get the wrong idea though, I do support this decision, I'm all for higher quality Mexican food and more affordable lawn care.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:35 AM   #46
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
I'm all for higher quality Mexican food and more affordable lawn care.

But yeah, that is a little concerning. I mean if this means Mexican weather girls can easily come to Canada, I'm all for it. But i get the sense that we'll be seeing a lot of Central American scum taking advantage of the opening via Mexico.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #47
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I'm glad they're not going with a shitty stop-gap measure of decriminalization and saying it's going to be full legalization, it gives them absolutely no excuse to back-track on this promise.
My point is that if it was one of their big talking points before the election, that decriminalization would have come right away, while they were drafting the new laws for legalization. But instead, you have the slow grind of gov't drafting new legislation while their lawyers milk every last cent out of the process. But in the meantime, folks are going to jail over pot.

Quote:
22,400 pot possession arrests under Trudeau so far | Vancouver Sun

22,400 pot possession arrests under Trudeau so far | Vancouver Sun
And another one from Vice.
Quote:
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/if-j...people-over-it

When David Chun woke up from the grand mal seizure that almost killed him, he found himself shackled to his hospital bed.

The 54-year-old Toronto resident was diagnosed with a golf ball-sized brain tumour in 2012, causing him to have memory loss, headaches, and nausea. He was at his Etobicoke home with his two sons in January of this year when the seizure—the first one he'd ever experienced—struck, lasting 20 minutes.

Chun's sons called the ambulance.

"They had to give me a double dose of tranq just to put me out, It took seven firefighters—seven grown men—to hold me down while I was seizing. It was so bad," Chun told VICE.

According to Chun's version of events, paramedics tending to the scene noticed he had six small cannabis plants in the home and alerted police, who additionally found 300 grams of bud, and 15 dogs and a cat (Chun said the pets belonged to him and his sons). When Chun woke up in hospital six hours later, he said they arrested him for production for the purpose of selling. News reports described his house as an "illegal grow-op." His two sons, aged 22 and 23, had been thrown in jail, he learned, under the same charge, despite having showed officers Chun's medical license, which allows him to legally possess and grow pot.

Two days after he regained consciousness, while being guarded by cops and cuffed by his hands and legs to a hospital bed, Chun said he was taken to Toronto police's 22 Division station; hospital staffers, who told him he "would have died" if he had another seizure, asked that he be returned for treatment, he said. He was, briefly, but then got thrown into jail for a night, an experience he described as "terrifying."

Up until last week, when the charges against Chun and his sons were dropped, he was forbidden from entering his home. The $6,000 in cash cops found there was seized.

"They destroyed my life. They destroyed my house," said Chun, adding he didn't consume cannabis before he got ill and was growing his own strains so he could tailor them to manage his symptoms (he prefers less of a psychoactive effect).

"The police apply the laws however they decide to apply them," he told VICE, his voice rising at times. "They've eroded any sense of safety and security in my belief in democracy in Canada."
Awesome!
Old 06-24-2016, 05:41 AM   #48
RS Peace Officer

So he is growing it for "his own use"...but they found $6000 in cash?
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #49

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
So he is growing it for "his own use"...but they found $6000 in cash?
I understand most people don't keep a lot of cash around but some do, who knows what the cash was for or where it came from it's not illegal to have cash in your house. When I played a lot of poker it would not be abnormal for me to have $5,000 in cash either on me or in my home. I'm not saying he wasn't selling because I don't know, I'm saying the cash could have come from anywhere.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2016, 07:38 AM   #50
RS Peace Officer

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

For those who want to see justin getting caught lying again...media splashes he is wearing his daddy's buckskin jacket on Aboriginal day as he paddles a canoe like daddy did...only one problem....it was not daddy's jacket. They want him to be soooooooooooooooooo special they will do anything to cover for him.
This post FAILED by: