REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 06-28-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Dust during demolition

Should this be something a good contractor will have covered? Will they do their best to seal everything up so it doesn't get to non wanted areas?

Is it recommended to hire a post reno cleaning company?

If renovating an upstairs and removing the flooring (tiles) will there be a ton of debris that will fall to the downstairs? IF so how can we minimize?>
Advertisement
RuffleCopterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Plastic floor protection, Ram board, lots of garbage bags, plastic/tarp zipper doors.

This should have been covered in your contract.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

exactly, unless you made it part of the agreement they don't need to do any of it

well you can clean afterwards or you can hire some one, up to you. Cover any duct vents before they start

nothing should "fall through the floor" when they remove the tile. You'll have a plywood subfloor that the tile is installed over
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
if you hired them yourself, id say for sure they should know ahead of time to keep the working area as clean as possible, especially in a home that is being occupied.

If this work is being done by a company hired by strata etc. I'd keep an eye on them big time. I've known people who had work done by basically crack head contractrors found by stratas, didnt clean up at all, tracked muddy boots throughout their house, left insulation and dust everywhere
Old 06-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #5
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If this work is being done by a company hired by strata etc. I'd keep an eye on them big time. I've known people who had work done by basically crack head contractrors found by stratas, didnt clean up at all, tracked muddy boots throughout their house, left insulation and dust everywhere
yep and hide anything of value that isn't nailed down. even if they're just doing a walkthrough keep an eye on 'em.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
When we quote a job of that nature, floor/dust protection and waste removal are always outlined and post-reno cleaning is discussed. Don't assume. It doesn't matter if it's a $10k counter or a $20 roll of plastic, it's still material and labour.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2016, 07:52 PM   #7
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Apparently there is lead paint in my laundry room and will need an abatement team to remove everything.

Anyone have experience with this before and know how much it would cost for ~500sqft area to remove lead?
RuffleCopterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffleCopterz View Post
Apparently there is lead paint in my laundry room and will need an abatement team to remove everything.

Anyone have experience with this before and know how much it would cost for ~500sqft area to remove lead?
Depends on the level of risk.

I haven't dealt with lead abatement but if they can just wear respirators and bag/clean the materials it shouldn't be too much

If it's a higher risk where they need to set up a containment etc it could be big $$$

Abatement work is really sketchy and kind of a scam, how companies deem "risk" and their procedures are all over the place, and even the government doesn't really set guidelines or procedures as to how to approach abatements, so it really leaves the home owner in a tough spot.

Ask them what's involved, how long it's going to take, what the clean up is, etc
Old 07-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Definitly call around to a few different companies not so much on what they say the quote price will be (since they typically wont give you one and if they do it wont be near the actual cost) but they the do in the actual work
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote