REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 07-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

2001 BMW E46 M3

Looking to sell my 2001 M3. I am hesitant to let this go, but I have a project in the works and would like to free up some funds. I originally purchased this car with the intention of long term ownership, which is reflected in the recent maintenance I have had performed.

The basics:

Local Vancouver car (originally purchased from Auto West BMW) - I am the 2nd owner.
151,xxx original kms
Clean title, clean carproof report
Coupe
6 speed manual
3.2L S54B32 i6
Titanium Silver Metallic
Black Nappa Leather / Titan Shadow interior trim

In addition to the standard options...
Power sliding sunroof, electric seat adjustment with memory, front armrest, heated seats, headlight washer system, parking distance control (PDC), rain sensor windshield wipers, xenon headlights, BMW business radio, Harmon Kardon HiFi sound, Canadian version (speedo in kms, metric everything else, daytime running lights), motion detection alarm system

Most of the common issues with the E46 chassis have been addressed during my ownership. Also, the rod bearing recall has been performed (10/01/2004)

-- Subframe professionally reinforced using Turner Motorsports kit welded to the chassis (Area was primed and painted following the installation, and then undercoated)

-- "M-clunk" addressed using OEM bearings and seals in the differential. I also went one step further and had the clutch plates inside the LSD unit inspected - they showed very little wear for a 15 year old car!

-- Clutch Delay Valve removal - downshifting feels much much smoother and more precise

When I first purchased the car I was given a folder with the complete maintenance history dating back to 2003. Nearly all of the maintenance was performed at Auto West BMW. The next owner will receive this information plus the receipts and details of the things I've done during my ownership.

General maintenance performed during my ownership (in addition to Inspection 1 and 2) includes:

-- Ignition coils replaced with Bosch
-- Spark plugs replaced with NGK
-- Transmission oil refreshed with Pentosin MTF 2
-- Diff fluid refreshed with Royal Purple Max Gear 75W-140
-- Engine oil changed every 6000kms using LiquiMoly 10W-60 with Mahle filters
-- Engine air filter replaced
-- Cabin air filter replaced
-- Drive belt idlers and tensioners and belts replaced with OEM parts
-- OEM brake pads and rotors

Aftermarket upgrades:

-- Turner Motorsports adjustable rear trailing arms
-- OEM ZCP short throw shifter + shifter bushings
-- H&R Street Performance coilovers

Things to know before purchasing:
The H&R coilovers seem to be wearing out and are quite clunky as of lately. I just purchased a set of ST XTA (KW V2) coilovers that are still brand new in box. Since I'm a bit on the fence about selling, I bought these in case I decide to keep the car. I can include the new suspension in the sale if you are interested..the kit comes with camber plates and new swaybar end links, so combined with the rear adjustable trailing arms you will have complete alignment adjustability.

The body and paint is quite good condition for a 15 year old car, the only panel that has ever been painted is the rear bumper, which I had done last winter. I was also wanting to eventually get the front bumper repainted to get rid of the rest of the rock chips, something the next owner might want to do to make the car perfect.

Asking: 24,000
I am flexible on the price if you are a serious buyer. Test drives only with deposit! Please feel to contact me via pm and we can exchange contact info. Thanks for looking.

I have more pictures coming!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (176.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (120.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image4.jpg (80.2 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement

Last edited by neonskies; 08-02-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: edited for additional details
neonskies is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #2
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

bump
Old 08-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

bump price drop $24,000
Old 08-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

TTT
Old 08-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

thanks for the interest so far, still for sale!