REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:11 PM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,815 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
how?...the army was rolling with tanks and all..even jets above.
He probably had enough people placed in the military where the coup was only attempted by part of it. We'll have to wait and see
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:56 PM   #27
I don't get it

This is why people are willing to pay top dollars to live here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
CiC is so unique. Calling him a trump supporter would actually be a compliment to him. Everyone should just re-sign to the fact that you can't insult him.

Irregardless of this, i'm just happy to live in Vancouver. even with how bad and corrupt our politicians like Gregor are, they are still nowhere near the same level as those other countries.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2016, 10:11 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
I've been on the phone with Air Canada for nearly 1.5 hours trying to get my flight that depart from Istanbul on the 18th to Vancouver rerouted from Greece.

I've heard everything from:

- Your flight is still valid and it has not been cancelled so you cannot change your flight yet.
- There are currently no problems in Turkey and your flight will depart as scheduled.
- The airport may be open on the 18th of July so your flight will likely still depart from Istanbul on the 18th.

By the 2nd call, I found a press release on their website referring to a policy that allows me to change my flight due to the circumstances in Turkey. Now I'm on hold for someone to see if I am eligible. Just bonkers.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I've been on the phone with Air Canada for nearly 1.5 hours trying to get my flight that depart from Istanbul on the 18th to Vancouver rerouted from Greece.

I've heard everything from:

- Your flight is still valid and it has not been cancelled so you cannot change your flight yet.
- There are currently no problems in Turkey and your flight will depart as scheduled.
- The airport may be open on the 18th of July so your flight will likely still depart from Istanbul on the 18th.

By the 2nd call, I found a press release on their website referring to a policy that allows me to change my flight due to the circumstances in Turkey. Now I'm on hold for someone to see if I am eligible. Just bonkers.
The person working the phone was probable stuck in a cubical and had not seen the news.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:22 AM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
so this Erdogan was a power crazed dictator.... but has the support of the Turkish people, UK, and Germany?

what's the skinny on this guy for those of us uninformed
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:31 AM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Guy came off as nice guy originally, then turned maniacal. People not impressed, didn't do anything. Small part of army decides they want to play hero. People choose the evil they know vs the evil they don't know. End.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #32

Not to be all CiC, but the first thing I thought when it ended so quickly that it was staged.

Turns out I'm not the only one who thinks this - Fethullah Gülen himself said it might have been https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y-coup-erdogan
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #33

It's happening

Turkey coup attempt: State of emergency announced - BBC News

Hürriyet Daily News | Turkey to temporarily suspend European Convention on Human Rights after coup attempt

So basically the government can do whatever the fuck they want now, since they were "threatened".

Anyone else want to join me in the false flag conspiracy theory?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #34
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
I guess the threat of getting kicked out of NATO doesn't mean much to Turkey, eh?
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Turkey is just one of several America's yapping dog. They bark when Obama ask them to. Piece of shit country.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2016, 11:59 AM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I guess the threat of getting kicked out of NATO doesn't mean much to Turkey, eh?
There are those who argue that a Turkish exit from NATO could affect the alliance more than it would Turkey. Its important to keep in mind that Turkey is NATO's second largest member and has been one of the most active participants in NATO operations worldwide.

They are a vital asset to NATO in the middle east and play a pivotal role in the Syrian context. In all likelihood, Turkey won't leave NATO (at least not for the foreseeable future) as the U.S relies on the use of its airbases for ongoing operations in the region and Turkey under the Erdogan administration has proven very useful to NATO as mentioned above.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #37
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Undoubtedly, Turkey plays a pivotal role when it comes to the Syria situation. At the same time, I can't help but think that the European members has to be fed up and tired of the way Turkey is milking the Syrian refugees for its own benefits in the EU. They are literally using it as ransom to get what they want from the EU -- the refugee floodgates open if Turkey doesn't get what they want. You can't negotiate and work together with someone in bad faith like that.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote