REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #26
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
it's fine to put a defined manifesto online, it's another thing to promote some loosely affiliated cause and have your purpose and means of achieving that purpose all over the map.

Personally i'm just sick of society these days and it's inability to have a mature discussion on anything without being labeled a bigot or a racist, i've tried and tried with different people, different avenues, different topics, and for the most part just to gain insight into other peoples opinions, and a lot of the times even bringing up a subject already puts me into a negative light.

As others here have said, the LGBT movement seems like they have actually gone about their cause in a unified, dignified, way. Most people involved are more than willing to have an engaging conversation, and for the most part i applaud their efforts because they've seemingly gone about it gracefully in that you rally support and change through the proper avenues without the shoving their ideals and problems down everyone else's throats.

Dont like cops and think you're being treated unfairly? Better start randomly killing them, thats clearly the answer. The answer to ending violence is always more violence.. lol

Search BLM on youtube.. look at the dribble through the first 10 pages of videos, other races showing up to support rallies and getting beaten up, cars smashed, etc.

it's all fucking gross.

i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way, and obviously when people are no longer willing to engage in discussion that only equals further segregation.

time to look out for #1 and #1 only.
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2016, 11:47 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

1 - i'm just sick of society these days and it's inability to have a mature discussion
2 - lot of the times even bringing up a subject already puts me into a negative light.
3 - when people are no longer willing to engage in discussion that only equals further segregation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Fuck BLM.
Yup...mature discussion and positive way to bring up a subject. And yup, it's the topic that puts you in a negative light, not your obscenities and lack of substance.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #28

Like I said, it's gone past that point
Old 07-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #29
I don't get it

So what they are saying is they need to hire 1 more black guy for every 1000 new asian officers. Got it!
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Black Lives Matter Just Delivered Their 10 Point Manifesto, and This Is What They Want

This is the official BLM Manifesto. Actions and motives put forth by other groups can't necessarily be acknowledged as sanctioned BLM actions. We don't even know if BLM Vancouver actually has a connection to the original, true BLM group. As you say, let's not paint the entire movement with the same brush based on the actions of the ones we hear about in the media or the vigilantes who use the guise of BLM to hide. I also agree with you. What you're saying makes sense and is productive. A little research will likely help you understand their official motives and goals but at the ends of the day you're not telling anyone to go back to their own country or to go fuck themselves.

1. End "broken windows" policing, which aggressively polices minor crimes in an attempt to stop larger ones.

2. Use community oversight for misconduct rather than having the police department decide what consequences officers should face.

3. Make standards for reporting police use of deadly force.

4. Independently investigate and prosecute police misconduct.

5. Have the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve.

6. Require officers to wear body cameras.

7. Provide more training for police officers.

8. End for-profit policing practices.

9. End the police use of military equipment.

10. Implement police union contracts that hold officers accountable for misconduct.

Seems pretty unreasonable to me.
I'm in agreement of these practices, but BLM's way of getting across their agenda is awful. They are as hateful of those that they are trying to fight, or more.
Their behaviour in the Toronto pride parade was that of a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum. They should organize themselves or they will never be taken seriously. Furthermore why are they bringing these problems to Canada? If anything they are just extending problems. Canada does not have a systematic racism towards blacks like the United states. Personal racism exists, but its nothing like what they are trying to fight over the border.
If anything we have a systematic racism against indigenous peoples, although Canada is making moves to rectify this, and it won't be solved overnight.
Police standing in solidarity with the LGBT community is not only one of the things they were fighting for in the first place, its something that pride has to be very proud of. They shouldn't let a groups misguided temper tantrums ruin a relationship they worked SO HARD to build.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #31
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I get that they want to support BLM in America and yes, America has a very obvious problem with the police killing black people and yes, there are certainly bad cops here in Canada too...

...but for the most part, the problems in America aren't the problems we have here. Not even close. The vast majority of police here in Vancouver are great and do their job well. It seems unfair to lump them in with the military-equipped assholes in Murica and to remove them from the Pride Parade, something they've very openly and enthusiastically supported for years.

And why is BLM making demands of the Pride Parade anyways? What does the event have to do with BLM?

The part that pisses me off the most is that you see more white SJW at these BLM events in Canada than actual black people.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #32
I subscribe to Revscene

Canada's population equals all of California.
The settlers in this forum are a prime example of state brain washing by the system.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2016, 03:22 PM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Eventually BLM is going to go the way of Occupy/Idle No More and dilute their original manifesto to the point where they have no direction, and people simply won't give a shit anymore.
Your going to keep giving shit if you keep getting pulled over by cops for no reason and unarmed people keep getting shot for no reason.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I
Their behaviour in the Toronto pride parade was that of a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum. overnight.
You mean like a bunch of grown men throwing tea off a boat because they think the taxes are too high?
Old 07-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #35

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
No, more like a bunch of grown men and women throwing a marginalized group of peoples tea off the side of a boat to protest something that has nothing to do with that group.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #36
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
This is sad...

An organization is making a request for something that seems unreasonable and unnecessary to many including myself, and we spit out things like:

- "Go back to Uganda"
- "Go back to Africa"
- "Fuck them"
- "Fucking cunts"
- "They can go fuck themselves"

Really? Look how extreme and hateful your comments are. I would even go as far as saying they're ignorant. You don't agree or understand a viewpoint so you dish out all these slurs and insults towards a group who is trying to better their position in society. Hmmm.

Perhaps you will be willing to donate to this man's cause
Go Fund Me
Did you read the sentence above? It was what I interpreted someone else saying as, go back to africa. It's not something I would say.

And yes I would say fuck those BLM cunts, because trying to get VPD float out of pride would be a pretty cunty thing to do.

Way to be overly sensitive. Hope you found your tampon.

Last edited by DragonChi; 07-17-2016 at 03:53 PM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #37
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I always have a bone to pick with the phrase "Black lives matter", it should be "Black lives matter too" or "Black lives also matter". And absolutely agree that Canadian policing is nothing like American's ideology
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #38
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Haha

I purposely wrote what I did to see who would instantly pull out the race card to claim Internet victory for their ego.

But nowhere in my post did I attribute race to Uganda. I attributed what BLM wants to moving to a country that has what they want. Little to no law enforcement. Also, BLM has a lot of support from non-blacks so it can be a diverse trip across the Atlantic.

But thanks for taking my test

Look, I'm all for social justice and equal rights but there has to be a methodical and tactful way of going about it. Peaceful marches to city hall are fine. Protesting outside police stations are fine. What isn't fine is blaming all the social issues on one single factor: The Police.

There's more systemic issues than that. Broken families / Domestic Violence, Gangs, dropping out of highschool, conception at a young age. All the issues cannot be blamed on law enforcement. Change can only come from the community itself. There are people within these communities who have worked tirelessly to turn broken people around and carve out a future for them but 'the streets' are a tough mistress.

I'm not saying all cops are good but I can bet there are more good cops than bad and things like social media are spreading more misinformation than information. But people who lack even a high school education may not know the difference between fact and fiction, truth and falsity. It doesn't take much to grow a mass of people even if they don't know the entire cause they're participating in. It's where emotion blinds logic and the original intent gets clouded.

I support pursuits for better living standards but I don't support childish behaviour from people who can't tell fact from embellished fiction and rely on emotion rather than logic to guide their cause.

I mean if you presented an 87 page AG report on the investigation of the shooting on an unarmed black man that shows testimony and evidence that corroborates the police's story which led to justifiable weapon discharge, it still wouldn't change anything in the minds of the protesters. Why? Just because. Once they start throwing words like 'conspiracy' and 'propaganda' around, then the doors of debate have been forever shut and locked.

Last edited by GS8; 07-17-2016 at 06:18 PM.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2016, 06:17 PM   #39

Old 07-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #40
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
A couple? are you on crack?

It seems like every black person in the states is afraid of the cops. From politicians to a surgeon who worked on the 11 cops who where shot in Dallas. He said in a press confidence when he is not dressed as a doctor he is afraid of the police. Philando Castile who was shot and killed in Minnesota was pulled over by the fops 56 times in 14 years for some of the most B.S. ever. It's common for black people to be pulled over for being black.

Philando Castile record
Spoiler!

Cop shot him because he had a gun something he was allowed to do under Minnesota law and he was originally pulled over because he was black and his tail light was not broken.
regardless of what happened, driving without insurance and a valid license are perfectly valid reasons to pull someone over, i dont know why everyone is bringing that shit up.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2016, 07:32 PM   #41
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Yeah, anyone that thinks there isn't a problem with the police killing black people in America is crazy. That's insane...56 times?

Not a day goes by when I don't speed but I haven't gotten a ticket in over 10 years.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #42
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
i luv the black people!
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2016, 06:54 AM   #44

lol.. if you look at the article on facebook it's basically completely backfired and taken a hugely negative tone towards BLM..

a lot of really good posts by the LGBT community in now removing people and not accepting other groups is exactly what the LGBT community is NOT about lol.. nice move BLM

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Vanco...76367325192737
Old 07-18-2016, 08:26 AM   #45

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
5. Have the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve.
This one I'm a bit hesitant about, primarily because it's completely dependent on who is applying to become an officer. I can see their thought process, but I thought the whole point of what a lot of poeple have done for the last few decades was to stop making race and gender factors of employment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
A couple? are you on crack?

It seems like every black person in the states is afraid of the cops. From politicians to a surgeon who worked on the 11 cops who where shot in Dallas. He said in a press confidence when he is not dressed as a doctor he is afraid of the police. Philando Castile who was shot and killed in Minnesota was pulled over by the fops 56 times in 14 years for some of the most B.S. ever. It's common for black people to be pulled over for being black.

Philando Castile record

1. Violate instr permit – dismissed
2. No proof of insurance – guilty
3. Basic speed – guilty

4. Driving after suspension – dismissed
5. No proof of insurance – guilty
6. No seat belt use – dismissed
7. No proof of insurance – guilty
8. Impede traffic – dismissed
9. No Minnesota driver’s license – amended charge guilty
10. Driving after suspension of driver’s license – Convicted
11. No proof of insurance – dismissed
12. No proof of insurance – convicted
13. Driving after revocation – Dismissed
15. Driving after suspension – Dismissed
16. No proof of insurance – guilty
17. Speeding – dismissed
18. Driver’s license – failure to obtain new – dismissed
19. Muffler required – dismissed
20. Driving after revocation – guilty
21. Operation of motor vehicle after loss of license prohibited – dismissed
22. Dangerous public road/water – convicted
23. Driving after revocation – convicted

24. No proof of insurance – dismissed
25. Driving after revocation – convicted
26. Seat belt violation – dismissed
27. Driving after revocation – convicted
28. Proof on insurance – Dismissed
29. Driving after revocation – convicted
30. Driving after revocation – convicted
31. Driving after revocation – convicted
32. Seat belt required – convicted
33. Seat belt required – convicted
34. Driving after revocation – convicted
35. Driving after revocation – convicted
36. Driving after revocation – convicted
37. Driving after revocation – convicted
38. Driving after revocation – convicted
39. Driving after revocation – convicted
40. Stop/stand/park vehicle at any place where official signs prohibit stopping – convicted

41. Expired registration – dismissed
42. Snow emergency parking restrictions – convicted
43. Stop/stand/park vehicle on any street/ally, at the same location, for more than 48 consecutive hours – convicted
44. Abandon motor vehicle on any public/private property without consent – convicted
45. Stop/stand/park vehicle on any street/ally, at the same location, for more than 48 consecutive hours – convicted

In Dakota County, he also had some traffic offenses:

46. Driving after suspension – guilty

In Hennepin County, Castile had these violations:

47. Driving after revocation – convicted
48. Display altered/fictitious insurance card – dismissed
49. Driving after revocation – convicted
50. Seat belt required – dismissed
51. Uninsured vehicle – convicted
52. Driving after revocation – dismissed
53. Seat belt required – dismissed
54. Impromper display original plate – convicted
55. Seat belt required – convicted

1. Possess marijuana in motor vehicle – dismissed
2. Drugs – possess over 1.4 grams of marijuana in motor vehicle – dismissed

and his gun permit:

Cop shot him because he had a gun something he was allowed to do under Minnesota law and he was originally pulled over because he was black and his tail light was not broken.
Of those 56 times he was pulled over, he was guilty/convicted 35 times (and possibly guilty of more). 20 of those times for driving with no valid license, and 6 times for no insurance. Are you really suggesting no license/no insurance tickets are B.S.? I'm sorry but when you break the exact same law that many times you waive the right to claim profiling. Did he even have a valid license when he was shot?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 07-18-2016 at 08:37 AM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #46
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,372 Times in 1,225 Posts
Had no idea driving without a Minnesota license was a capital offense in Minnesota. Will keep that in mind.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:40 AM   #47
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
That's insane...56 times?
Is it though? 56 times in 14 years is being pulled over an average of 4 times a year.

I get yanked atleast once a month for one reason or another, and much more some months. I've been pulled over twice in one day... By the time I have been driving 14 years, by my estimation I will have been pulled over some 150 times. (And believe me I am well on track for that, as my plates were on some sort of police warning list for awhile when I first got my license).

Of the ~100 times i have been pulled over in the last 5 years, I have 2 speeding tickets, 1 VI for no front plate, 1 warning for no front plate, and 1 VI for tint on my front windows.

Granted my car is a significant source of these incidents, but by and large I escape without any tickets or warnings. This brings up a worthy cause in my mind: #ricerlivesmatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I'm sorry but when you break the exact same law that many times you waive the right to claim profiling.
I'd argue him being pulled over wasn't racial profiling, it was profiling based on his record. I mean when you get pulled over and convicted that many times, I would probably pull you over just to check your information as well. I don't know if that is legal where they were, but I do know it is perfectly acceptable where we live.

Also my post here is making light of this situation of being pulled over, but believe me I don't believe this incident should have ended like this. Nor am I taking the BLM movement down at all.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 07-18-2016 at 09:45 AM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2016, 09:44 AM   #48
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
#rsbeatdowncrew

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #49

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Do we know he was actually pulled over every time? Some of them could've been at road blocks.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:43 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Do we know he was actually pulled over every time? Some of them could've been at road blocks.
He was pulled over for going 55 in a 54. Or it could be DWB.

Remember these are the times he was ticketed not the amount of times he was actually pulled over.